Sending email w/ attachments with Delphi 2?

Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email with attachments? The references I've come up with just report problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of something more likely to work.
0
Philip

I'm afraid you have to look here:

http://gohistoric.com/places/318695
0
Robert
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
Maybe you take a higher Delphi version and create a DLL with the functionality you want. Use the DLL in your Delphi 2 application.
0
Robert
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=Philip Caracena wrote:}{quote}
> Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy

Try to look for "Winshoes" or something alike, which was the original name of the library. I'm not sure it ever supported Delphi 2 since it was renamed Indy.
0
Luigi
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
I used ICS with D3 and it worked pretty well. It looks like you can still get a version supporting D1-2007:

http://www.overbyte.be

(click on the ICS link under 'Products')
0
Charles
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
You don't have to go to http://gohistoric.com/places/318695 , not even
buy the brand new Delphi.

With JCL you can do this :

procedure TUtils.Send_MAPI_E_Mail(
  const ToAddress , ToName , Subject, Body: AnsiString;
  const IsHTMLBody : Boolean;
  const AttachmentFiles : TStringList);
var
  Save_Cursor : TCursor;
  SimpleMapiMail: TJclEmail;
  I: Integer;
begin
  Save_Cursor := Screen.Cursor;

  SimpleMapiMail := TJclEmail.Create;
  try

    SimpleMapiMail.Clear;
    SimpleMapiMail.Recipients.Add(ToAddress, ToName);
    SimpleMapiMail.Subject := Subject;
    SimpleMapiMail.Body := Body;
    SimpleMapiMail.HtmlBody := IsHTMLBody;
    for I := 0 to AttachmentFiles.Count - 1 do begin
      SimpleMapiMail.Attachments.Add(AttachmentFiles[I]);
    end;
    SimpleMapiMail.Send(true);
    // SimpleMapiMail.RestoreTaskWindows;
  finally
    FreeAndNil(SimpleMapiMail);

    Screen.Cursor := Save_Cursor
  end
end;
0
Tiberiu
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?
0
Robert
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
Philip Caracena <> wrote in news:692655@forums.embarcadero.com:

> Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component
> that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email
> with attachments? The references I've come up with just report
> problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of
> something more likely to work.

You could try Turbopower's Internet Professinal (now free).

Turbopower goes back ages.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpipro/
0
Christopher
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
I have TurboPower's Orpheus and tried using their component but it just triggers "unable to send" error messages from the server due to the lack of "authentication".  I don't know how to get it to "authenticate" and altering TP's code is far beyond me.  Also, it will open only Outlook, not the default email client, and I don't think it can send attachments, although I didn't get that far in tinkering with it.

I'll follow up with the other ideas suggested so far.  I also would really like to know where to find that promising JVCL library.  Some of the links I've found so far were just blind ones.

> {quote:title=Christopher Burke wrote:}{quote}
> Philip Caracena <> wrote in news:692655@forums.embarcadero.com:
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component
> > that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email
> > with attachments? The references I've come up with just report
> > problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of
> > something more likely to work.
>
> You could try Turbopower's Internet Professinal (now free).
>
> Turbopower goes back ages.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpipro/
0
Philip
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
Where can I find the JCL library that can be used in Delphi_2?

> {quote:title=Tiberiu Horvath wrote:}{quote}
> You don't have to go to http://gohistoric.com/places/318695 , not even
> buy the brand new Delphi.
>

> With JCL you can do this :
>
> procedure TUtils.Send_MAPI_E_Mail(
>   const ToAddress , ToName , Subject, Body: AnsiString;
>   const IsHTMLBody : Boolean;
>   const AttachmentFiles : TStringList);
> var
>   Save_Cursor : TCursor;
>   SimpleMapiMail: TJclEmail;
>   I: Integer;
> begin
>   Save_Cursor := Screen.Cursor;
>
>   SimpleMapiMail := TJclEmail.Create;
>   try
>
>     SimpleMapiMail.Clear;
>     SimpleMapiMail.Recipients.Add(ToAddress, ToName);
>     SimpleMapiMail.Subject := Subject;
>     SimpleMapiMail.Body := Body;
>     SimpleMapiMail.HtmlBody := IsHTMLBody;
>     for I := 0 to AttachmentFiles.Count - 1 do begin
>       SimpleMapiMail.Attachments.Add(AttachmentFiles[I]);
>     end;
>     SimpleMapiMail.Send(true);
>     // SimpleMapiMail.RestoreTaskWindows;
>   finally
>     FreeAndNil(SimpleMapiMail);
>
>     Screen.Cursor := Save_Cursor
>   end
> end;
0
Philip
9/23/2014 1:01:01 AM
Robert Triest wrote:

> And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?

I'm afraid you have to look here:

http://gohistoric.com/places/318695
0
Tiberiu
9/24/2014 1:01:01 AM
Robert Triest wrote:

> And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?

or here :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcl/files/JCL%20Releases/
0
Tiberiu

Robert Triest wrote:

> And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?

Is that Delphi 2? That lacks **a lot** of the features used in the
current JCL, so there may not even be a JCL for it anymore.

Or did you mean Delphi XE2?
--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Descended from the apes? Let us hope that it is not true. But
 if it is, let us pray that it may not become generally known."
 -- FA Montagu.
0
Rudy
9/25/2014 9:05:55 AM
> > And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?
>
> Is that Delphi 2? That lacks **a lot** of the features used in the
> current JCL, so there may not even be a JCL for it anymore.
>
> Or did you mean Delphi XE2?

The poster is looking for EMail attachment procedure in Delphi 2. (anno 1996)
There is a reply with a JCL example posted and I wondered where
the poster can find the JCL lib for Delphi 2. The reaction was a link to Sourgeforge.
There are JCL sources from Delphi 4 upwards but maybe that will compile in Delphi 2.
0
Robert
9/25/2014 9:44:14 AM
That's correct,vintage Delphi 2. My search of the JCL libraries confirms your statement that their code only goes back to Delphi 4. I don't know if D4 source will compile in Delphi 2 but it doesn't matter since I didn't find anything relating to sending email in the oldest JCL libraries and collections.  So - unless someone familiar with the JCL libraries can point out specifically what to try, I guess my next step is to follow up on the JEDI lead.  If that goes nowhere, I'll pursue the DLL with Delphi 4
suggestion but I'm skeptical about that since Delphi 4 relied on INDY code largely reported to be either buggy or too limited.

I'd like to hear from anyone who thinks they could modify the source code for TurboPower's (Orpheus) email component. Their original code compiles and works in Delphi 2 but sending of an attachment fails because it isn't "authenticated".  Apparently back in the days of D2, authentication didn't exist or wasn't required.  Should I post this on SourceForge instead of here?

> {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote}
> > > And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?
> >
> > Is that Delphi 2? That lacks **a lot** of the features used in the
> > current JCL, so there may not even be a JCL for it anymore.
> >
> > Or did you mean Delphi XE2?
>
> The poster is looking for EMail attachment procedure in Delphi 2. (anno 1996)
> There is a reply with a JCL example posted and I wondered where
> the poster can find the JCL lib for Delphi 2. The reaction was a link to Sourgeforge.
> There are JCL sources from Delphi 4 upwards but maybe that will compile in Delphi 2.
0
Philip
9/25/2014 6:25:24 PM
Philip wrote:

> So - unless someone familiar with the JCL libraries can point out
> specifically what to try, I guess my next step is to follow up on
> the JEDI lead.

Or, you could simply write your own SMTP socket code.  It is not that hard
to send an email manually.

> If that goes nowhere, I'll pursue the DLL with Delphi 4 suggestion
> but I'm skeptical about that since Delphi 4 relied on INDY code
> largely reported to be either buggy or too limited.

If you go the DLL route, you can write the DLL in whatever version of Delphi
you want, or even another compiler, like FreePascal.  You don't have to use
Delphi 4 specifically, or limit yourself to the Delphi 4 version of Indy.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Robert Triest wrote:

> > > And where can he find the JCL lib for Delphi 2 ?
> >
> > Is that Delphi 2? That lacks **a lot** of the features used in the
> > current JCL, so there may not even be a JCL for it anymore.
> >
> > Or did you mean Delphi XE2?
>
> The poster is looking for EMail attachment procedure in Delphi 2.
> (anno 1996)

I know. I was just asking, because it seems some people mean XE2 when
they write 2. If it were XE2, things would be a little easier. I am not
sure if a version of the JCL for Delphi 4 could compile unchanged with
Delphi 2. Many important things used in the JCL are certainly not
available in that "antique" version.
--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to
 earn better than a 'C', the idea must be feasible."
 -- A Yale University management professor in response to student
    Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery
    service (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)
0
Rudy
9/25/2014 9:23:07 PM
Thanks to all of you who replied to my plea for help. This forum has always been very helpful and tolerant. The suggestions and leads provided for my "email with Delphi 2 problem" were all good ones that were well worth pursuing, even though a couple of them fizzled out. I finally got the problem solved, but I'm embarrassed to confess that it turned out to be pretty much of a self-inflicted problem. My request for help came after I found that the TurboPower (Orpheus) email component I was trying to use ke
pt failing.  I blamed the component and D2 but, in the end, I finally caught on to the real culprit.  The failures were due to an erroneous configuration of Outlook on the ancient XP computer I was using.  I used that computer many years ago to revise my Delphi 2 application and thereafter simply stored it away in a closet.  I seem to have forgotten that since then I also moved and (blush) changed my ISP!  Duh. When I tried out my newly revised D2 executable with the Orpheus email component on a few of my
 newer, properly configured computers that actually use my current ISP, I discovered the old Orpheus component works like a charm.  I think maybe it's almost time to throw in the mouse.

> {quote:title=Christopher Burke wrote:}{quote}
> Philip Caracena <> wrote in news:692655@forums.embarcadero.com:
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component
> > that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email
> > with attachments? The references I've come up with just report
> > problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of
> > something more likely to work.
>
> You could try Turbopower's Internet Professinal (now free).
>
> Turbopower goes back ages.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpipro/
0
Philip
9/26/2014 11:17:26 PM
Philip Caracena wrote:

> The failures were due to an erroneous configuration of
> Outlook on the ancient XP computer I was using.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.  It's incredibly useful for
people like me who often scour the newsgroup for solutions.

--
SteveT
0

sending emails with attachement delphi 2009
Hi, I have a problem, I'm using delphi 2009, I made a small application that uses TIdsmtp to send mails, for attachments I'm using TIDAttachmentFile class, like with TIdAttachmentFile.Create(IdMessage1, 'c:\image1.jpg') do begin ContentType := 'image/jpeg'; FileName := 'image1.jpg'; end; SMPT.send(IdMessage1); If I dont use attachment it works fine, but with attachemtns I'm getting email with some dummy name for attachemnt like ATI1284765.dat (if I change file extension to jpg it's ok then, it's that pictu...

Sending email attachments through Outlook from Delphi programmatically
Is there some option that has to be set to allow this? I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives. I'm sending through the same Exchange server to both clients. TIA -- -----Jon----- Am 29.01.2010 20:46, schrieb Jon Springs: > Is there some option that has to be set to allow this? > > > I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't > arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives. >...

Problems sending emails with attachments in Indy SMTP in Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm working with Delphi 2009 fully updated (12.0.3420.21218 with Update Pack 3), and I had the original version of the Indy 10.2.5. All attachments were going with a file name ATT000043.dat, instead of the correct name. I updated to the latest Indy from the Dev Snapshot, and it went to version 10.5.7. However, now the attachment does not appear as an attachment at all, the the message appears as: This is a multi-part message in MIME format --HF2WOHttwwLp1TZg=_wwY6H2qbRC0RDTyU Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline H...

How Can I Send Email thru GMAIL Server in Delphi 7? #2
Hi everyone. I have Delphi 7 and the Indy components. I know that GMAIL uses ssl/tsl. I saw a posting from Marco Cantu on how to use Indy to send an email thru the gmail server. My exploration came to a screeching halt when I saw that the D7 Indy components don't have the same properties that Marco was using in his example. Does anybody have a code sample on how to send email thru this server in Delphi 7? Besides Indy, are there any third party tools that can be used for this purpose? at this site is a working application for Delphi 7 and the source code http://delphi.about.com...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Sending Emails w/ Attachments via web!! w/ out uploading in advance
Is it possible using asp.net to send emails w/ attachments, (all web based) and not have to upload the file to the server first? What I am talking about is where the user selects a file from their computer using the browser object and than sends the email (without using another program to upload the file to the server first) Would something like this work for what I want: http://www.aspnetemail.com/samples/emailUploadedAttachment.aspx Everytime I try to run that page it says that Dim msg As New EmailMessage() there is no type EmailMessage. Any help appreciated. Visit Vi...

How to send email using Delphi?
In the past, I used Jedi MAPI wrapper, but it won't work in Unicode Delphi where I get "General MAPI failure" " TmpEmail := TjclEmail.Create; TmpResolve := False; try TmpResolve := TmpEmail.ResolveName(TmpStr_Name, TmpStr_Email, True); except // new code for Delphi unicode... Also gives mapi failure end; if TmpResolve then TmpEmail.Recipients.Add(TmpStr_Email) else TmpEmail.Recipients.Add('smtp:' + TmpStr_Email) ; TmpEmail.Recipients[0].Name := TmpEmail.Recipients[0].Address; TmpEmail.Subject := 'bla bla...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

sending email via Delphi
I am starting to use Delphi again after several years. I have Delphi 2010 with the Indy components that come with it. I want to send email from a Delphi app. I tried using the Indy components with some code I found on-line but with no success. Does anyone have some simple code that works well with the Indy components or know of a comprehensive email component I can buy. Thank you Whitney Whitney wrote: > I tried using the Indy components with some code I found on-line > but with no success. What is the actual problem you are having? What does your code actually l...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

How to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 from asp.net 2.0 that not use spmt.send() email attachment
hi all, I have web application internal write by asp.net 2.o OutLook has Exchange Server I want to send an appointment to OutLook from this application web any idears ? please help me. thanks and regards niemdamme See if this helps: Sending Appointments to an Outlook 2007 Calendar from an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb655909.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! hi Bullpit I want to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 not OutLook 2007 I have refered to your link but not work thanks , I think this is for 2003. http://codebetter.com...

I need a Delphi.exe -> SMS -> Cell phone (NOT Email -> Email to SMS) #2
Platform: DXE3 Win 2008 Server I have built a custom Electronic Medical Record system for my medical clinic, and I have built a utility that can send out emails to patients to remind them of upcoming appointments. If the patient has provided a phone number, my software uses Data 24/7 to look up their phone number and it tells me if the phone number is a mobile number or not, and what the "Email to SMS" email address is, and my software sends to that email address. (usually something like: <phonenumber>@emaildomain.com) When I send an email this way, the patient gets...

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4 #2
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. +Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4?+ ...

do-send-email, do-send-email-from-template attach a new file...
I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger attribute. Like these articles: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-e...

Web resources about - Sending email w/ attachments with Delphi 2? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Attachment in adults - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment in adults deals with the theory of attachment in adult romantic relationships. Attachment theory was extended to adult romantic relationships ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync for iPad ...
Get Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A bullet attachment that could save lives? - YouTube
It looks like a toy attachment for a gun, but this new device is intended to give suspects a chance to live if shot. CNN's Sara Sidner reports. ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.