Sending email attachments through Outlook from Delphi programmatically

Is there some option that has to be set to allow this?

I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't
arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives.

I'm sending through the same Exchange server to both clients.

TIA

--

-----Jon-----
0

Am 29.01.2010 20:46, schrieb Jon Springs:
> Is there some option that has to be set to allow this?
>

> I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't
> arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives.
>
> I'm sending through the same Exchange server to both clients.
>
> TIA

Hello,

did you already post this in the ICS mailing list? WOuld be worth a try!
somewhere.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
1/30/2010 1:15:48 PM
> I'm sending through the same Exchange server to both clients.

If you're using Exchange you, have two options:

1) Use it as a SMTP server and send it RFC 2822 with MIME encoded attachments
2) Use MAPI and Exchange own messaging protocol

Also, clients can read messages in two ways:

1) OE can only use IMAP/POP to read messages
2) Outlook can use Exchage messaging protocol (with which takes ful advantage of Exchange capabilities), or IMAP/POP.

When Exchange receives a RFC 2822 message, it is translated in its own internal format  - and retranslated to RFC 2822 if needed (maybe adding the winmail.dat file to transport Exchange specific informations).

Now, if you send via ICS I guess you're using SMTP. But you are not sending to "clients". You are sending to mailboxes on the server, from wich clients retrieve the mails. Try to read the same mailbox with both clients (it is possibile), ant with Outlook test both access methods (native and IMAP or POP) and see what happens.
0
Luigi

sending emails with attachement delphi 2009
Hi, I have a problem, I'm using delphi 2009, I made a small application that uses TIdsmtp to send mails, for attachments I'm using TIDAttachmentFile class, like with TIdAttachmentFile.Create(IdMessage1, 'c:\image1.jpg') do begin ContentType := 'image/jpeg'; FileName := 'image1.jpg'; end; SMPT.send(IdMessage1); If I dont use attachment it works fine, but with attachemtns I'm getting email with some dummy name for attachemnt like ATI1284765.dat (if I change file extension to jpg it's ok then, it's that pictu...

Sending email w/ attachments with Delphi 2?
Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email with attachments? The references I've come up with just report problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of something more likely to work. I'm afraid you have to look here: http://gohistoric.com/places/318695 Maybe you take a higher Delphi version and create a DLL with the functionality you want. Use the DLL in your Delphi 2 application. > {quote:title=Philip Caracena wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if t...

Problems sending emails with attachments in Indy SMTP in Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm working with Delphi 2009 fully updated (12.0.3420.21218 with Update Pack 3), and I had the original version of the Indy 10.2.5. All attachments were going with a file name ATT000043.dat, instead of the correct name. I updated to the latest Indy from the Dev Snapshot, and it went to version 10.5.7. However, now the attachment does not appear as an attachment at all, the the message appears as: This is a multi-part message in MIME format --HF2WOHttwwLp1TZg=_wwY6H2qbRC0RDTyU Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline H...

How to send email using Delphi?
In the past, I used Jedi MAPI wrapper, but it won't work in Unicode Delphi where I get "General MAPI failure" " TmpEmail := TjclEmail.Create; TmpResolve := False; try TmpResolve := TmpEmail.ResolveName(TmpStr_Name, TmpStr_Email, True); except // new code for Delphi unicode... Also gives mapi failure end; if TmpResolve then TmpEmail.Recipients.Add(TmpStr_Email) else TmpEmail.Recipients.Add('smtp:' + TmpStr_Email) ; TmpEmail.Recipients[0].Name := TmpEmail.Recipients[0].Address; TmpEmail.Subject := 'bla bla...

sending email via Delphi
I am starting to use Delphi again after several years. I have Delphi 2010 with the Indy components that come with it. I want to send email from a Delphi app. I tried using the Indy components with some code I found on-line but with no success. Does anyone have some simple code that works well with the Indy components or know of a comprehensive email component I can buy. Thank you Whitney Whitney wrote: > I tried using the Indy components with some code I found on-line > but with no success. What is the actual problem you are having? What does your code actually l...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

How to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 from asp.net 2.0 that not use spmt.send() email attachment
hi all, I have web application internal write by asp.net 2.o OutLook has Exchange Server I want to send an appointment to OutLook from this application web any idears ? please help me. thanks and regards niemdamme See if this helps: Sending Appointments to an Outlook 2007 Calendar from an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb655909.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! hi Bullpit I want to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 not OutLook 2007 I have refered to your link but not work thanks , I think this is for 2003. http://codebetter.com...

do-send-email, do-send-email-from-template attach a new file...
I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger attribute. Like these articles: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-e...

Creating Outlook EMail with Delphi XE
I am trying to create a simple routine to send email via Outlook using the following code, but I always get a "E2018 Record, Object or Class Type Required" error compiling. Has something changed in Delphi XE? Is there any documentation available for Delphi with this? Everything I search for in the Delphi Help only points me to Microsoft documentaion. Gracias, Cathy@ISSOL const olMailItem = 0; var Outlook: OLEVariant; MailItem: Variant; begin try Outlook:=GetActiveOleObject('Outlook.Application') ; except Outlook:=CreateOleObject('Outloo...

What is the best way to send email within the delphi
Hello everybody. I have to prepare an email with attachment.(1 file everytime). I dont know sender and recipient. My client have Outlook 2000-2003-2007. My aim is to populate a new email screen with an attachment. Then user will select recipients then pust the send button of the outlook. I tried with ShellExecute(handle,'open', 'mailto:&Attachment=""C:\1.txt""',nil,nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL ); but cant attach the file in Outlook 2007. While reading at the internet, I saw that shellexecute is not enough in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to do ...

Delphi 2009 - incompatibile with 2006
Hi I was working on D2006 for a long time. I made a litle email client using INDY. When I open this projekt on new D2009 sending function won't work. The program become frozen on line "SMTP.Send(MailMessage);" Do you know what I have to do? Here is this function: function sendus(const typ,kn,tresc:pchar): boolean; stdcall; var smtp: tidsmtp; MailMessage: TIdMessage; ssl: tIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL; begin result := true; ssl:= tIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.create; MailMessage := TIdMessage.Create; smtp := tidsmtp.Create; ssl.SSLOptions.Met...

Sending Email with multiple email attachments
I can send regular emails out with it and I can send emails with one attachment and it works fine. Why cant I Attach multiple attachments to an email. I already checked to be sure the files exist and they do and it local to the disk so its not over a network. Code for creating multiple attachments: ' Build an IList of mail attachments. If sAttach<>"" Then Dim delim As Char = CChar(",") Dim sSubstr As String For Each sSubstr in sAttach.Split(delim) Dim myAttachment As MailAttachment = ...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Web resources about - Sending email attachments through Outlook from Delphi programmatically - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Now Marketers Can Buy Sponsored Content Programmatically
Publishers' branded content is going programmatic. Today, Sharethrough and AppNexus are rolling out real-time bidding for Sharethrough's news ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...

TV Ads Could Soon Be Sold Programmatically, Magna’s Todd Gordon
The key efficiency new-wave digital media sales holds over TV is clear – super-targeting through addressable, automated and programmatic buying ...

How To Use Facebook's New Power Editor For Ads
Here's a guide to the power editor in Facebook's ad manager.