RAD Studio XE2 a new era for Delphi and C++Builder Developers: 64-bit, Mac OS/X, LiveBinding, Cloud API, FireMonkey

More details emerged about XE2 & FireMonkey
http://www.dzone.com/links/rad_studio_xe2_a_new_era_for_delphi_and_cbuilder.html

This release represents a new era for Delphi and C++Builder developers,
there are lot of new stuffs on this release and we will show all of them
during the RAD Studio XE Tour, in the mean time I would like to highlight
some of them:
- New Delphi for 64-bit Windows and full VCL/RTL support
- dbExpress ODBC driver
- Full monitoring and controlling of DataSnap connections
- LiveBinding, the new mechanism for binding any type of data
- Cloud API support for Amazon S3
- VCL Styles to modernize the look and feel of VCL applications
- FireMonkey the new platform for NATIVE software development

FireMonkey is a big step forward, it opens a whole new market for Delphi
and C++Builder developers, allowing to offer their current applications on
Mac, develop new products and at the end deploy their applications through
App Store reaching millions of end users. The power of FireMonkey will
distinguish your applications from any other.

Ciprian

> {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote}
> More details emerged about XE2 & FireMonkey
> http://www.dzone.com/links/rad_studio_xe2_a_new_era_for_delphi_and_cbuilder.html

Apparently dzone.com must be your site, and you're trying to drive traffic there, right?

I'm realizing my time would be better spent starting at delphifeeds.com or blogs.embarcadero.com, since you're apparently not supplying any new information.
--
Rick Carter
Cincinnati, OH
> {quote:title=Rick Carter wrote:}{quote}
> Apparently dzone.com must be your site, and you're trying to drive traffic there, right?
>
> I'm realizing my time would be better spent starting at delphifeeds.com or blogs.embarcadero.com, since you're apparently not supplying any new information.
> --
> Rick Carter
> Cincinnati, OH

Why not give this fellow the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's just being enthusiastic about the new product?

Aside from being snotty -- do you have a real point or complaint otherwise?
0
Curt
8/2/2011 3:21:35 PM
On 02/08/2011 6:17 PM, Ciprian Popa wrote:
> - LiveBinding, the new mechanism for binding any type of data
I hope this makes it easy to build custom data source without all the
overheads. It should more like setting a few properties. Currently
implemented Dataset thing is a horrible beast.
0
Yogi
8/2/2011 3:28:19 PM
Agreed. I think I'm most excited to see how this feature works. I deseperately miss the easy object binding that .NET provides when I use Delphi. There are ways around it of course, but I've long felt we shouldn't have to get around it any longer.

--
Ron Grove
Evaonah I/T Services
> {quote:title=Curt Carpenter wrote:}{quote}
> Why not give this fellow the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's just being enthusiastic about the new product?
>
> Aside from being snotty -- do you have a real point or complaint otherwise?

Well, when I get in the car to drive somewhere, I don't really want to take a detour just so that I can look at some garish billboards.

If he's just enthusiastic about Delphi and wanting to share information, why didn't he post direct links to David I's and Andreano's blogs?

I'm also giving Ciprian a chance to enlighten me if he has any real content at his website that I've been missing up until now.
--
Rick Carter
Cincinnati, OH
> If he's just enthusiastic about Delphi and wanting to share information, why didn't he post direct links to David I's and Andreano's blogs?
> I'm also giving Ciprian a chance to enlighten me if he has any real content at his website that I've been missing up until now.
C'mon, that's absolutely not "my site" at all, it is actually the old JavaLobby.org , "enlarged" some couple of years before by moving from Java centric articles to more developer news.
I've just picked the last couple of links from DZone since I subscribed there for most interesting developer news ...
So, instead of pushing in front some "conspiracy theories" just take a look to what you can find there ... definitely a larger and more diverse developer community than at EDN.

Best regards,
Ciprian
> --
> Rick Carter
> Cincinnati, OH
0
Ciprian
8/2/2011 5:35:38 PM
> {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote}
> C'mon, that's absolutely not "my site" at all, it is actually the old JavaLobby.org , "enlarged" some couple of years before by moving from Java centric articles to more developer news.

Thanks for the reply, and I'll try to calm down.  ;)

Fair enough, but I'm not as interested in developer news about other languages I won't likely be using any time soon.  As I said, I'd prefer links that go straight to blogs or full articles discussing Delphi news.  If that's not your "style" or preference, I guess I shouldn't get so upset about it, but I suppose I'll be less likely to look at the threads you initiate if it means having to go around the block twice to get further information.
--
Rick Carter
Cincinnati, OH

On 3/08/2011 12:47 a.m., Ciprian Popa wrote:
> More details emerged about XE2&  FireMonkey
> http://www.dzone.com/links/rad_studio_xe2_a_new_era_for_delphi_and_cbuilder.html
>
> This release represents a new era for Delphi and C++Builder developers,
> there are lot of new stuffs on this release and we will show all of them
> during the RAD Studio XE Tour, in the mean time I would like to highlight
> some of them:
> - New Delphi for 64-bit Windows and full VCL/RTL support
> - dbExpress ODBC driver
> - Full monitoring and controlling of DataSnap connections
> - LiveBinding, the new mechanism for binding any type of data
> - Cloud API support for Amazon S3
> - VCL Styles to modernize the look and feel of VCL applications
> - FireMonkey the new platform for NATIVE software development
>
> FireMonkey is a big step forward, it opens a whole new market for Delphi
> and C++Builder developers, allowing to offer their current applications on
> Mac, develop new products and at the end deploy their applications through
> App Store reaching millions of end users. The power of FireMonkey will
> distinguish your applications from any other.

--
Regards

Sandeep
--
My Android Apps <https://market.android.com/details?id=tenthDoor.android>
0
> I was hoping Delphi XE2 would support native iPHONE development but
> it looks like it's not the case.

It would be brilliant, but given the earlier Wiki link, which showed that the
technology works on iPhone, maybe it will follow soon.

/Matthew Jones/
0
Matthew
8/3/2011 10:07:35 AM
"Sandeep Chandra" <sandeep_c24@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was hoping Delphi XE2 would support native iPHONE development but it
> looks like it's not the case.

I am not 100% sure but I think that you can develop in XE and then use
freepascal to compile your source for iOS.

Mike
0
Mike
8/3/2011 2:47:21 PM
I have read this too...
--
Oxygene Bunny Michael
0
On 03/08/2011 3:19 AM, Sandeep Chandra wrote:
> I was hoping Delphi XE2 would support native iPHONE development but it
> looks like it's not the case.

I strongly feel that iPhone is still a merge market compared to it
competition say for example Android. So having support for iPhone will
not be the priority of EMBD at present.
0
Yogi
8/3/2011 3:23:26 PM
"Sandeep Chandra" <sandeep_c24@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was hoping Delphi XE2 would support native iPHONE development but it
> looks like it's not the case.

I think they'd need an ARM compiler for that first.  iPhone's dont use intel
x86/64 chips like desktop macs and pc's do.
0
Joe
8/3/2011 7:59:13 PM
On 2011-08-03 20:59:13 +0100, Joe Demartino said:

> I think they'd need an ARM compiler for that first.  iPhone's dont use intel
> x86/64 chips like desktop macs and pc's do.

From the looks of this:

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/03/apple-to-begin-merging-ios-and-os-x-with-quad-core-a6-chip-next-year/

We could end up with MacBooks, etc all running ARM.

And where will that leave an Intel compiler for OS X? :-)

JOanna

--
Joanna Carter [TeamB]
0
"Joanna Carter (TeamB)" wrote in message
> On 2011-08-03 20:59:13 +0100, Joe Demartino said:
>> I think they'd need an ARM compiler for that first.  iPhone's dont use
>> intel
>> x86/64 chips like desktop macs and pc's do.
> From the looks of this:
> http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/03/apple-to-begin-merging-ios-and-os-x-with-quad-core-a6-chip-next-year/
> We could end up with MacBooks, etc all running ARM.
> And where will that leave an Intel compiler for OS X? :-)

The same place as the Intel compiler for Windows, since Windows 8 will also
be able to run off of ARM chips!
0
Joe
8/3/2011 8:48:43 PM
Am 03.08.2011 22:32, schrieb Joanna Carter (TeamB):
> On 2011-08-03 20:59:13 +0100, Joe Demartino said:
>
>> I think they'd need an ARM compiler for that first.  iPhone's dont use intel
>> x86/64 chips like desktop macs and pc's do.
>
> From the looks of this:
>
> http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/03/apple-to-begin-merging-ios-and-os-x-with-quad-core-a6-chip-next-year/
>

> We could end up with MacBooks, etc all running ARM.
>
> And where will that leave an Intel compiler for OS X? :-)

And how do constant fundamental changes in the underlying hardware help
those developers? They need once more to concentrate on those changes
instead of concentrate on their main busines: enhancing their app. Bad.
That's a kind of "throw away" economy and is typically american style
(at least it may seem for some of us europeans). First they changed from
PowerPC to Intel now to Arm? When will they make the next change? Maybe
someday ARM is not good enough if better alternatives should appear?
Always change the underlying plattform, but forbid plattform neutral
tools? That's a strange strategy for me...

Greeetings

Markus
0
Markus

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

Delphi XE: Mac OS X and 64-bit ?
Hello, I read the blog "Delphi XE Launch Paris" of Marco Cantu. Does the launched Delphi XE come with a Mac OS X and 64-bit compiler ? A lot of our clients moved from XP to Mac. From our Mac clients we have hardly any OS questions. Only our Delphi clients are still working on Windows PC's. In July I installed our Delphi app on a Windows 7 server with 4 Virtual PC's. On an XP system it takes 1.5 hours to install. On this W7 system it took 7 hours. Most of the time I spent on waiting for Windows 7 (e.g. hanging Virtual PC's) and calling the hardware supplier/system ...

Help Update 2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
Didn't notice any announcement yet, but seems to be available from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28638 ...

Limited Time Special on Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
<rant> They did it again. Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785) All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX) wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert I hate this! I want the free goodies too! </rant> Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder if a maintenance plan is the best choice. OK, don't take this to serious...

C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio
I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between these applications and which one should I run??? <Ashley Duncan> wrote in message news:238315@forums.embarcadero.com... > I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my > start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between > these applications and which one should I run??? The C++Builder and Delphi shortcuts start up the IDE with only those individual personalities loaded, respectively. The RAD Studio shortcut starts the IDE with all i...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 with support for Delphi & C++Builder 2009 !
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 has been released. What's new in version 4.2 ? ===================== - Package for Delphi 2009 Win32 & C++Builder 2009 with support for Unicode!!! - Some minor bugs fixed What's new in version 4.12 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2007 for .NET is now available!!! - Package for Delphi 2007 Win32 & C++Builder 2007 with Update 3!!! Notice. Update 3 for Delphi/C++Builder 2007 is required to install version 4.12....

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

[...]

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010! #2
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Re: ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:41:38 -0700, Krzysztof Szyszka wrote: Please don't advertise here. Moved to third-party.general https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=24038 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Delphi/C++ Builder/Rad Studio surverys: who receives them?
It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are selected to receive the link. Marco Cantù posted a working one but it is for RAD Studio (which we no longer buy, only Delphi now), while there should be Delphi and C++ Builder specific surveys too. I did not find any reference on Embarcardero web site. This way it looks just another bad PR move by Embarcadero. I understand that invitation-only surveys tied to edn accounts (and product buys history) could be better than those open to everybody - but sincerely as a long time customer of Enterprise SKUs (latest i...

Web resources about - RAD Studio XE2 a new era for Delphi and C++Builder Developers: 64-bit, Mac OS/X, LiveBinding, Cloud API, FireMonkey - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech