Question about Buying to upgrade to D2010 Pro from D2007 Pro

HI, All

Try to buying to upgrade from D2007 Pro to D2010, however, when I went to
the order page, there is a charge:

"Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2010 Pro"

1) What is it?

2) What if I remove it, what could be happened?

Thanks

William
0
William

William Yu wrote:
> HI, All
>
> Try to buying to upgrade from D2007 Pro to D2010, however, when I went to
> the order page, there is a charge:
>
> "Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2010 Pro"
>
> 1) What is it?

It's what everyone in this group refers to as 'Software Assurance'.  It
means that you get 3 'support' incidents free of (additional) charge,
and IF a new upgrade of the program is released within 12 months, you'll
get that as well.  You are not PROMISED an upgrade, only that you'll get
one IF one is released.

> 2) What if I remove it, what could be happened?

The earth will open up, the skies will be filled with fire and
brimstone, life as you know it will be over, and you won't get any
'free' upgrade if there is a new Delphi product within the next 12 months.

David Erbas-White
0
David
12/18/2009 5:09:15 PM
Thanks fro clarification.

William
0
William

Buy Delphi 2009 pro upgrade in US and use it in Belgium?
Is it possible to buy Delphi 2009 in the states or in the UK and install it on a machine in Belgium? It there anything that prevents this? In the UK a Delphi 2009 Pro upgrade costs £257.54 inc VAT (www.ecostsoftware.com). That is 277 euro. In the US the same box costs $404 (€297). But in the Netherlands and Belgium (sorry Bob) an upgrade license costs me €385! That is €100 more than in UK and US! So is it possible to buy Delphi in US and use it in Belgium? Alex Habbo a écrit : > Is it possible to buy Delphi 2009 in the states or in the UK and install it on a mac...

SPF Pro v. non-pro..
Hi! Is it true that Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5 beats Firehole.exe and prevents the trick of tunneling through the browser? The free-for-home-use, non-Pro version seems to let Firehole through, at least here :-( Experiences....? Firehole and the others like TooLeaky are a tricky bunch. If you ever ran Firehole and/or TooLeaky while IE 5 or above was installed, and before you installed any later firewall products, then Firewall and TooLeaky have already been "hooked into" IE. Then as most firewall users do they grant access to IE when it initially asks for net...

Upgrade from VS2003 Pro to VS2008 Pro
 I hope this is the right place to ask.First question: I have VS2003 Pro and have purchased VS2008 upgrade. The Vs2008 package states "For current MSDN subscribers only".I don't have an MSDN subscription, just my own (legal) copy of VS2003 pro. I don't want to unwrap  the package, attempt the install and then find out that I can't install VS2008. The supplier ofVS2008 will probably refuse a refund if the package shrink-wrap is removed.  Second question: If I can install VS2008 using the VS2003 product key as verification of a valid product - do I nee...

Delphi 7 Pro and XP Pro x64
I plan to dust off my copy of Delphi 7 Pro and install it again. Since I last used it I have upgraded to XP Pro x64, can anybody tell me it it will install on a 64 bit system please? I know I could put the CD in and try it but I am sitting in bed with the laptop at the moment :-) -- Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. Jeff, Just thought I'd say Howdy and welcome. Told you I'd probably see you here someplace. ;-) -- Q 09/03/2008 16:37:09 XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52 [Everyone'...

Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?
Hello Delphi Community, Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Thank you, Dean Atteberry. Dean Atteberry wrote: > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not. Eric > {quote:title=Dean Atteberry wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? It did when it was originally released (actually, Delphi 7.1). I don't know if it still does, however. (The only reason we bought Delphi 8 was that we n...

Intsllaing Delphi 2007 Pro on Windows XP Pro
Hi, I built my new machine (Quad Core Q8200, 4 GB RAM, Win XP), now I am trying to install Delphi 2007 on this new machine. The installation wizzrd gets to where it makes a call to MSIinstaller and the the Installation bombs with a error that says "Error". The windows event viewer has recorded the error, and is talking about msiinstaller. The XP Pro intallation is updated with al the Service Packs and all udates from the internet. Can someone please advise if they had a similar experience and if so how they solved this error? Regards Marius Please Ignor...

D2007 win8x64-pro differences from version on XPx32-Pro.
I've moved my d2007 development to a win8x64 vm (vmware workstation) and have run into a difference that I can't figure out how to fix. On my xp version, in the ide object inspector, next to every text field it shows an ellipsis. if I click on it opens in a text window. What am I missing to make the Win-8 version do this? I have gexperts, castallia, ddevextensions installed and as far as I can tell these seem to be the only editor enhancements I have installed. I've searched every setting carefully several times and can't see where such an option might be. Is ...

Upgrade price of D2007 Pro to Ent
Anyone knows how much to upgrade from D2007 Professional to D2007 Enterprise? Hi Alan Tse, > Anyone knows how much to upgrade from D2007 Professional to D2007 > Enterprise? 1299 Euro, ex.VAT. The same price as upgrading from - for example - Delphi 1 by the way. There is no discount if you're already on Delphi 2007... Groetjes, Bob Swart -- Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller ...

Upgrade from Turbo Delphi Pro to D2009
Hi, when upgrading from Turbo Delphi Pro to D2009 Pro is there any chance that not all of the previously included features are missing in the D2009 Pro version? I had a quick look into the datasheet matrix and it seems that some features are now missing, if I'm not wrong, like: * Remote server database connectivity and database drivers for Oracle, DB2 Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, and Sybase * DataSnap multi-tier database application framework Does this mean that TClientDataSet support has now been dropped in Pro including midas.dll? -- cu, Michael Am Tue, 26 Au...

Upgrade from Delphi XE4 pro to Enterprise
Hi I am looking at upgrading my Delphi XE4 pro to the enterpise version(no price listed online for this type of upgrade). I sent an email to the online sales and the local partner contacted me. The price they quoted me was about the same price as a complete new user Enterpise version(online price). I then sent another message to the sales department asking for an online upgrade price. No answer. Is there any extra discount if you go from pro to enterprise of the same version? Who can I contact? Regards Godfrey Am 25.06.2013 17:07, schrieb Godfrey Fletcher: > ...

Question on upgrading ZA Pro 2 to version 3
I just bought Zone Alarm pro 2 at a local computer store (on cd) and it says on the box that I have a free upgrade to version 3. How do I download version 3 to install without actually installing version 2 and then having to uninstall or upgrade it? Is there a site I can go to and enter my serial number or something so that I can just download version 3 and install that? (I haven't opened the box yet, wanted to be understand the process first in case I have to return it) Thanks! Surferdude wrote: | I just bought Zone Alarm pro 2 at a local computer store (on cd) and = it | sa...

Question about sql server upgrade from express to pro edition
Hello, I have been using the express edition for months, and just upgraded to the pro edition (after uninstalling completely the express). So far everything is working perfectly, including my connection to the database. But when I look at the connection string in the web config I can see that the datasource is still SQLEXPRESS... Does it mean a sql server express version is still running ? How should I "upgrade" my database to the full edition version? Thanks in advance for your help.   SQL Server uses a concept called "named instances".  Different versions of SQL Server can...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

XP Pro and ZA Pro.
My ISP provider is Shaw.ca cable, OS is XP Pro, and currently running ZA Pro (latest build). I am a home user and do not New Work. Problems are as follows: 1.With the Ad Blocking feature enabled I cannot get into Yahoo games, ZA blocks the logon. Games won't load. If I disable ZA all is fine. 2: If I try and disable XP firewall, with ZA enabled, the process is stalled with the 'hourglass' but finally works.. To enable XP firewall, I get a Network Sharing Message_Error followed by a spontaneous shut down, and reboot..I have uninstalled many times, disabling True Vector, each...

Web resources about - Question about Buying to upgrade to D2010 Pro from D2007 Pro - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Geraldton pilot pops question after mid-air drama and emergency paddock landing
Every engagement proposal needs a great story behind it, but a Geraldton couple may have set the limit with a mid-air engine drama ...

Mal Brough's fall raises questions about the Australian Federal Police's case
The special minister of state has paid a heavy price for his role in the seamy Ashby affair but the AFP is going back over ground that has been ...

Question of the Day: Most heinous act of badge engineering?
Filed under: Chrysler , Dodge , Misc. Automakers , Mitsubishi , Nissan , Suzuki , Automotive History When GM sold the Isuzu Faster pickup as ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ script reveals answers to our burning questions
One of the things many of us did this Christmas was see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters. The first movie in the new Star Wars saga is ...

Put on the spot by a question at a town hall, Hillary Clinton calls what is happening to Christians in ...
A member of the audience asked (and I'm assuming this wasn't a plant): "Will you join those leaders, faith leaders and secular leaders and political ...

7 Questions for Those Who Claim Islam is "Just Another Religion"
Offered up by our long-suffering Summer Intern @BiffSpackle : Democrats, progressives, and other miscreants: please feel free to answer any or ...

No More GOP? The Democratic Party Will Welcome You, No Questions Asked
Tuesday morning I woke up at 4am. It was still dark so I reached for the channel changer and switched the TV on. It was Eugene Robinson, one ...

This is the big legal question at the heart of the sexual assault case against Bill Cosby
Bill Cosby has been charged with aggravated indecent assault of one woman after dozens of others came forward in the past year to claim the comedian ...

Question #8 for 2016: How much will Residential Investment increase?
Over the weekend, I posted some questions for next year: Ten Economic Questions for 2016 . I'll try to add some thoughts, and maybe some predictions ...