problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar

Hallo
I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro

now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF
In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010

*This call in apps*

{code}
Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll';
{code}

*In delphi 5 DLL*

{code}
Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall;
{code}

if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is this problem i have when i whass building the DLL and programs

so i think that the PChar Delphi 2010 and Delphi 5 Pro ar not same  and if so how can i fix the problem

Ps i know that this not correct group is please move to group for it or give me name of group
-1
Eric

Am 21.09.2010 19:43, schrieb Eric Zoons:
> so i think that the PChar Delphi 2010 and Delphi 5 Pro ar not same  and if so how can i fix the problem

A PChar in D5 is the same as a PAnsiChar in D2010.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
> {code}
> Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external
> 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code}
>
> *In delphi 5 DLL*
>
> {code}
> Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall;
> {code}

Change all instances of PChar to PAnsiChar. Basically, in D5, PChar
maps to PAnsiChar, while in D2010 it maps to PWideChar. One consequence
of this is that you'll probably need to add intermediary casts to
AnsiString too (these are harmless in D5, so you can still cross
compile) -

function PassString(const S: string): Boolean;
begin
  Result := GenratePDF(PAnsiChar(AnsiString(S)));
end;

> Ps i know that this not correct group is please move to group for it
> or give me name of group

One of the Delphi language groups probably.
1
Chris

Pchar for PansiChar
hello, I use a DLL developed in D7 and not have the same sources. I will use Delphi 2010 and the functions do not work function TkmInitialize(LOGXMLDIR: PChar; TkmByExt: dWord): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmCreateStream(FileName: PChar; Var Stream: dWord; Var Error: dWord): PChar; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmLogEnd(Stream: dWord; MediaDuration, MediaPosition, MediaType: dWord; MediaName: PChar): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmIsTkm(FileName: PChar): Bool; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dl...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp
Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem... I am a tech writer (not a programmer). We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word. The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs. So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010. And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp. That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file. What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windo...

Web resources about - problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Where will ISIS attack next? Christmas travel a problem for intelligence agencies
IT’S that time of year when we let our guards down, when we relax and look forward to spending time with our loved ones over the festive break. ...

Another problem lands on Malcolm Turnbull's tax reform table
If the Prime Minister wants an honest debate about tax reform, he now has an even more cogent case for everything being on the table.

Breitbart contributor says mass extinction via climate change isn’t a problem because of Jurassic Park ...
... about how science works. It did not go well for him: A Breitbart "journalist" claimed extinctions caused by climate change aren't a problem ...

Multi-state plans and selection problems
Kaiser Health News has a piece on the failure of multi-state plans to be successful in the exchanges. One of the big problems is pricing. They ...

Yet another problem with Comcast data caps: Customers have no idea why they’re exceeding their limits ...
Comcast sure knows how to bring out the love from its customer base. Cut Cable Today recently filed a FOIA request to the Federal Communications ...

BlackRock's $32 Billion Hedge-Fund Business Has a Little Problem
Yes, he runs the biggest asset management firm the world has ever seen. But right now, Laurence D. Fink has a little hedge-fund problem.

Court secrecy is a dangerous problem
Recently unveiled documents in the Remington faulty-trigger case show court secrecy can lead to unnecessary deaths, says Arthur Bryant.

Yesterday’s technologies, today’s problems
When I first heard the story, I didn’t believe it. I mean, really, a Paris airport forced to shut down because a computer running Windows 3.1 ...

De Blasio Unveils Plan to Tackle City's Homeless Problem
City workers will monitor the street homeless in most of Manhattan and outer-borough hot spots.