Price of upgrade from Delphi 2010 Professional to Delphi 2010 Enterprise?

It's weird, but I could not find the answer on so simple question not in Embarcadero Shop, neither by the forum search.
For example, the shop info about Enterprise upgrade says:
The Upgrade product is available to registered owners of 2006-2009 versions, blah-blah...
So, if I'm Delphi 2010 Professional user, I even not eligible for upgrade? I have to buy a new version of Enterprise???
But if I'm Delphi 2006 Professional user, I can upgrade.

Please clarify this nonsense for me. 
Exact question is in the subject.

Thanks!
0
Dmitri
10/10/2009 4:37:48 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5933 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1334 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

Hi Dmitri,

> It's weird, but I could not find the answer on so simple question not in Embarcadero Shop, neither by the forum search.
> For example, the shop info about Enterprise upgrade says:
> The Upgrade product is available to registered owners of 2006-2009 versions, blah-blah...
> So, if I'm Delphi 2010 Professional user, I even not eligible for upgrade? I have to buy a new version of Enterprise???
> But if I'm Delphi 2006 Professional user, I can upgrade.

As a Delphi 2010 user, you are also eligible for an upgrade. But I have 
to say I wonder why you want to upgrade Delphi 2010 Pro to Delphi 2010 
Enterprise. After the upgrade, you can only use the new license, so this 
does mean you end up with Delphi 2010 Pro *and* Delphi 2010 Enterprise, 
but just Delphi 2010 Enterprise.

Delphi 2010 Enterprise Upgrade is 1299 Euro - the same price as if you 
came from Delphi 1 Professional or later.

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

-- 
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
President Delphi section Software Development Netherlands: www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
10/10/2009 6:24:08 PM
Hi Bob,

Thank you.

But I expected that update from Delphi 2010 Pro to Delphi 2010 Enterprise could be cheaper than update form Delphi 1 to Delphi 2010 Enterprise.
Actually I didn't update to 2010 yet, just thinking about updating from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro and later, probably to 2010 Enterprise.
Sort of 2 steps update.
According your explanation, the total price of that = price of 2010 Pro update + price of 2010 Enterprise update.
I was expecting the total price = price of 2010 Enterprise update, because finally I'll get 2010 Enterprise update.
Or may be a bit more.

So, can I expect some discount for 2nd step - update 2010 Pro -> 2010 Enterprise?

> {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Dmitri,
> 
> > It's weird, but I could not find the answer on so simple question not in Embarcadero Shop, neither by the forum search.
> > For example, the shop info about Enterprise upgrade says:
> > The Upgrade product is available to registered owners of 2006-2009 versions, blah-blah...
> > So, if I'm Delphi 2010 Professional user, I even not eligible for upgrade? I have to buy a new version of Enterprise???
> > But if I'm Delphi 2006 Professional user, I can upgrade.
> 
> As a Delphi 2010 user, you are also eligible for an upgrade. But I have 
> to say I wonder why you want to upgrade Delphi 2010 Pro to Delphi 2010 
> Enterprise. After the upgrade, you can only use the new license, so this 
> does mean you end up with Delphi 2010 Pro *and* Delphi 2010 Enterprise, 
> but just Delphi 2010 Enterprise.
> 
> Delphi 2010 Enterprise Upgrade is 1299 Euro - the same price as if you 
> came from Delphi 1 Professional or later.
> 
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart
> 
> -- 
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> President Delphi section Software Development Netherlands: www.sdn.nl
> Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Dmitri
10/13/2009 5:17:27 PM
Any chance to get answer?
Again, question is:

I'm going to:
1. Update from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro 
2. May be later update from 2010 Pro to 2010 Enterprise

What is the price of the 2nd step?

> {quote:title=Dmitri Litvinenko wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Bob,
> 
> Thank you.
> 
> But I expected that update from Delphi 2010 Pro to Delphi 2010 Enterprise could be cheaper than update form Delphi 1 to Delphi 2010 Enterprise.
> Actually I didn't update to 2010 yet, just thinking about updating from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro and later, probably to 2010 Enterprise.
> Sort of 2 steps update.
> According your explanation, the total price of that = price of 2010 Pro update + price of 2010 Enterprise update.
> I was expecting the total price = price of 2010 Enterprise update, because finally I'll get 2010 Enterprise update.
> Or may be a bit more.
> 
> So, can I expect some discount for 2nd step - update 2010 Pro -> 2010 Enterprise?
> 
> > {quote:title=Bob Swart wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi Dmitri,
> > 
> > > It's weird, but I could not find the answer on so simple question not in Embarcadero Shop, neither by the forum search.
> > > For example, the shop info about Enterprise upgrade says:
> > > The Upgrade product is available to registered owners of 2006-2009 versions, blah-blah...
> > > So, if I'm Delphi 2010 Professional user, I even not eligible for upgrade? I have to buy a new version of Enterprise???
> > > But if I'm Delphi 2006 Professional user, I can upgrade.
> > 
> > As a Delphi 2010 user, you are also eligible for an upgrade. But I have 
> > to say I wonder why you want to upgrade Delphi 2010 Pro to Delphi 2010 
> > Enterprise. After the upgrade, you can only use the new license, so this 
> > does mean you end up with Delphi 2010 Pro *and* Delphi 2010 Enterprise, 
> > but just Delphi 2010 Enterprise.
> > 
> > Delphi 2010 Enterprise Upgrade is 1299 Euro - the same price as if you 
> > came from Delphi 1 Professional or later.
> > 
> > Groetjes,
> >            Bob Swart
> > 
> > -- 
> > Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> > President Delphi section Software Development Netherlands: www.sdn.nl
> > Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> > Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> > Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> > Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Dmitri
10/19/2009 3:46:26 PM
Dmitri Litvinenko wrote:

> Any chance to get answer?
> Again, question is:
> 
> I'm going to:
> 1. Update from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro 
> 2. May be later update from 2010 Pro to 2010 Enterprise
> 
> What is the price of the 2nd step?
> 

It is the same as upgrading from D2007 pro to D2010 Ent. There is no scaled
upgrade possible try to contact your local reseller for a better quote or deal.

regards
Jo.

--
0
jo
10/19/2009 4:51:19 PM
> {quote:title=jo ko wrote:}{quote}
> Dmitri Litvinenko wrote:
> 
> > Any chance to get answer?
> > Again, question is:
> > 
> > I'm going to:
> > 1. Update from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro 
> > 2. May be later update from 2010 Pro to 2010 Enterprise
> > 
> > What is the price of the 2nd step?
> > 
> 
> It is the same as upgrading from D2007 pro to D2010 Ent. There is no scaled
> upgrade possible try to contact your local reseller for a better quote or deal.
> 
> regards
> Jo.
> 
Thanks, Jo.
0
Dmitri
10/20/2009 8:07:45 PM
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:46:26 -0700, Dmitri Litvinenko <> wrote:

>Any chance to get answer?
>Again, question is:
>
>I'm going to:
>1. Update from Delphi 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro 
>2. May be later update from 2010 Pro to 2010 Enterprise
>
>What is the price of the 2nd step?

List cost to upgrade to 2010 Enterprise is 1299 Euro, same coming from
Delphi 2007 Pro or Delphi 2010 Pro. If you are expecting to go to 2010
Enterprise, it is more cost effective to do this in a single step
directly from 2007.

Regards, Jon.
0
Jon
10/20/2009 8:55:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3
Hello, Sorry for this is not right place to ask this question: I have Delphi 2010 professional version, I like to upgrade to Delphi XE3 Am eligible to upgrade or no not? I like answer from Delphi sales team. I couldn’t find email to ask them. Thanks Mike Thomas <> wrote in news:506459@forums.embarcadero.com: > Hello, > > Sorry for this is not right place to ask this question: > I have Delphi 2010 professional version, I like to upgrade to Delphi > XE3 Am eligible to upgrade or no not? I like answer from Delphi > sales team. I couldn’t find emai...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO
We have an application written in Delphi 6 Professional that uses ADO to access databases servers that may be on other PCs in our network. We want to move to Delphi 2010 but can't decide if we need Professional or Enterprise. 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro? Thanks, Keith > 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the > ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro? Yes. > {quote:title=Joachim Uersfeld wrote:}{quote} > > 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same func...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010
Hello! I noticed that Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 Version is not on the list of products on Embarcadero page. Or is it still possible to buy it? Will RAD Studio XE compile programs written in Delphi 2010 without problems.? Thanks. Am 13.09.2010 09:04, schrieb Petra Nemec: > Will RAD Studio XE compile programs written in Delphi 2010 without problems.? As always you will probably have to recreate the projects as the import is still a bit -- special. Christian Hello! Does anybody know if it is still possible to get a Delphi2010 trial version (if yes where)? ...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010
Hi. It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, InfoPower3000Pro, StringAlignGrid. Accepts communication BDE. Thank by comments. excequiel arostica wrote: >Hi. > It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, >InfoPower3000Pro, StringAlignGrid. Accepts communication BDE. > >Thank by comments. Rx is dead and sources are taken over by jcl/jvcl. I dont know about the rest of the components and i have no experiences with bde over the last 9 years. excequiel arostica wrote: > Hi. > It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary,...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007
I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon). Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007? Will D2010 affect D2007 in any way? Thanks, Randall Carpenter > {quote:title=Randall Carpenter wrote:}{quote} > I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon). > Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007? Will D2010 > affect D2007 in any way? Won't hurt a thing. I have D7, RAD Studio 2007, RAD Studio 2009, and RAD Studio 2010 all on my desktop system and they coexist fine. Jus...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010
Hi All, Thanks in advance for your help. Below is my query, Currently I am using Delphi 2007 and i want to migrate to Delphi 2010. 1. What all things i need to take care while doing this? 2. What all third party components will get impacted? 3. Any known issues in Delphi 2010 which might impact the cause? 4. Any changes in database operation required as i am using Oracle? Hope I have post this query under correct category. If not sorry for the trouble and could you please suggest me the correct category for this? Looking forward for your response. Have a great day. Th...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010
hello, is there any option to make delphi 2006 code work in delphi 2010? something like in java IDEs where you can define the code level you like to use? the problem is, that i made a project with 2006 and sent it to my customer. they got 2010 and it compiles fine, but it just doesn't work. it deals with en-/decryption of text, we assumed, that it has something to do with ansi vs. unicode strings... but we cant find the exact position where the error occurs. i am a bit dissapointed, because everywhere i read that the new IDE will always be downwards compatible and so on.. but in ...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010
We did not know which forum was the best for this question. We have been wanting to migrate from Delphi 7 to a later version for years but it appears to be a daunting task. We first looked at D2006 and that was a radical new world. We bought D2010 a couple of years ago and not done much with it because there are so many parts to our applications. We have done a few new applications in D2010 and they seem to work okay. D2010 has not been impressive, perhaps because of the strangeness compared to D7. Is is possible for us to do a phased sort of migration where we do a form at a time? ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010
I had a project in Delphi 7. I worked on it in Delphi 2010. When I try to open the .dpr again in Delphi 7, the IDE toolbar widens across both monitors, and Delphi 7 locks up. It appears that Delphi 2010 modifies the .dpr in a way that makes Delphi 7 unable to open it again. All my forms & units appear to open fine in D7 after D2010, except for the warnings on the ExplicitHeight and ExplicitWidth properties being missing... I can easily recreate the .dpr, but is this expected behavior? Thanks. Tom Field wrote: > I had a project in Delphi 7. > > I worked o...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Web resources about - Price of upgrade from Delphi 2010 Professional to Delphi 2010 Enterprise? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

Turn any iPad Pro into a professional graphics tablet with the updated Astropad
While you might not have heard of Astropad , its premise is simple. Instead of needing an expensive, dedicated graphics tablet, users can simply ...

Price Drop: Flow ● Fast and Slow Motion ● Professional HD
Flow ● Fast and Slow Motion ● Professional HD 1.05 Device: iOS Universal Category: Photography Price: Free, Version: 1.05 ( iTunes ) Description: ...

Seagate launches massive 8TB NAS HDD for SOHO, SMB, and creative professionals
Large hard drives are surprisingly controversial. In the world of computers, it is often assumed that larger capacity drives are a positive. ...

3 professional-grade drones you can get at a nice discount right now
Quadcopter drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) as they're more accurately called, are the latest craze right now. Of course, there's a ...

Poor Jeb And Marco Are Being Taken To The Cleaners By Self-Serving Professional Campaign Operatives
On Friday, we noted that the more poor Jeb spends on his mundane TV ads, the lower his support is driven. He doesn't read DWT and it certainly ...

Law Enforcement Officials, Medical Professionals: There’s Something Seriously Wrong With Hillary Clinton’s ...
Democrat frontrunner Hillary Clinton disappearance from the debate stage last month left people speculating that the former First Lady took a ...

Watching a professional artist use this children's toy was mesmerizing, but it's harder than it looks ...
Winding around the enormous showroom floor at the Consumer Electronics Conference in Las Vegas, it's easy to accrue some unrealistic expectations ...

Olloclip Studio Brings Professional Portable Photography Solutions to the iPhone
Nothing about filming or shooting photos on an iPhone feels natural at first. The button can be hard to find and sometimes the framing is way ...

IT Careers 2016: What's important to IT professionals?
Highlights from Computerworld's IT Careers 2016 survey reveal IT workers' top concerns, career expectations and what would entice them to switch ...

Resources last updated: 1/16/2016 7:43:46 PM