Peer to Peer

Hi,

I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed limit
cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is using n% (
n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the project, I
will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can control
your bandwidth through a software?

TIA,
Clément
0
Clement

You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the
intention to hack the network card in use).

You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do this by simply
limiting the number of bytes sent per second.
If you sniff the network, what you will typically see, is that there will be
a full saturated peak for a very short time, and then silence for the rest
of the second, and this pattern continues.

--
best regards

Kim Madsen
TeamC4D
www.components4developers.com

The best components for the best developers
High availability, high performance loosely coupled n-tier products

"Clement Doss" <cdoss@dhs_nospam.com.br> skrev i meddelelsen
> Hi,
>
> I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed
> limit
> cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is
> using n% (
> n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the
> project, I
> will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can
> control
> your bandwidth through a software?
>
> TIA,
> Clément
0
Kim
6/30/2009 2:34:21 PM
Kim Madsen wrote:

> You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do this by simply
> limiting the number of bytes sent per second.
> If you sniff the network, what you will typically see, is that there will be
> a full saturated peak for a very short time, and then silence for the rest
> of the second, and this pattern continues.

Thanks!
0
Clement
6/30/2009 7:13:48 PM
Kim Madsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the
> intention to hack the network card in use).
>
> You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do this by simply
> limiting the number of bytes sent per second.
> If you sniff the network, what you will typically see, is that there will be
> a full saturated peak for a very short time, and then silence for the rest
> of the second, and this pattern continues.

One more question... And when this Peer2Peer software downloads more than 1 file?
Each would have a small peak, but together they would consume more bandwidth, right?

Clément
0
Clement

Web resources about - Peer to Peer - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Hereditary peer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peers are called to the House of Lords with a writ of summons . A hereditary title is not necessarily a title of the peerage. For instance, ...

Kim Dotcom is building an encrypted, peer-supported internet
The controversial web mogul plans to build an encrypted internet off the back of existing infrastructure.

Apple planning to take on Venmo with peer-to-peer payment service
... paying each other with cash or checks. Hence, the service would be engaging in competition with the PayPal -owned Venmo and other popular peer-to-peer ...

Apple might offer peer to peer money transfers
Apple is looking to add peer-to-peer money transfer to its Apple Pay service and hopes it might help it take off. According to a recent report ...

Among His Peers, Fox Lake Cop Joe Gliniewicz Was A Bad Seed
Apparently so concerned about the behavior and performance of one of their fellow officers, members of the Fox Lake Police Department wrote ...

Kobe: 'I get held to much higher standards than most of my peers'
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said he likes the fact that people still have high expectations for him.

Despite sell-off, Penney outperforms peers
Penney's still has a long way to go in reaching its goal of $1.2 billion in EBITDA by 2017, but it's showing marked progress.

iMessage could power Apple’s peer-to-peer payments system
Apple is considering using iMessage to make it easy for iOS to transfer users money to one another, according to a new report. Given iMessage’s ...

Apple is reportedly working on peer-to-peer payments
Apple is reportedly in negotiations with US banks to create a mobile personal payment platform that would compete with PayPal's popular Venmo ...

Chimera Ransomware Uses Peer-to-Peer for Decryption
A recent ransomware operation uses an uncommon peer-to-peer system to collect data about users and distribute the important security keys to ...