Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.

Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.

"Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."

Very nice bonus!

Brian
0
Brian
8/31/2010 11:14:36 AM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5934 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote}
> Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
> prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
>
> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
>
> Very nice bonus!
>
> Brian

why Delphi 7 ???
0
Ralf
8/31/2010 1:21:17 PM
On 31.08.2010 13:14, Brian Evans wrote:
> Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
> prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
>
> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."

Singe D7 is here, why not D2006 ??
0
Alf
8/31/2010 2:47:52 PM
Alf Christophersen brought next idea :
> On 31.08.2010 13:14, Brian Evans wrote:
>> Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
>> prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
>>
>> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
>> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
>> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
>
> Singe D7 is here, why not D2006 ??

Why would you want it?
D2007 is the last pre-unicode release.
Third party components?

Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> On 31.08.2010 13:14, Brian Evans wrote:
> > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
> > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
> >
> > "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> > downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be
> > included with your order confirmation email and in the product
> > readme."
>
> Singe D7 is here, why not D2006 ??

There is a license for some technology in D2006 that has since expired
and renewing that license was way too cost-prohibitive (think 100s of
thousands of $$, or more). Also, D2007 is a better, more popular
release in wider use.

Said "super-expensive" technology has been removed as of D2007 and up.

--
Allen Bauer
Embarcadero Chief Scientist
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> > "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> > downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be
> > included with your order confirmation email and in the product
> > readme."
>
> Singe D7 is here, why not D2006 ??

D2007 = D2006 Service Pack 1  :P

--
http://Lars.Fosdal.com - There are no stupid questions
http://delphi.fosdal.com - Delphi Programming
> {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote}
> Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
> prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
>
> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
>
> Very nice bonus!

I already own all of those, but good to know for anyone who has been hanging back on versions. On top of that bonus is the current offer of free upgrades for the next 12 months, which includes the next major release. They sure are sweetening the pot with XE.

P.S. I am a little disappointed that Delphi 8 is not in the list. ;-)
0
Kyle
8/31/2010 4:43:53 PM
On 31.08.2010 17:51, Allen Bauer wrote:
> There is a license for some technology in D2006 that has since expired
> and renewing that license was way too cost-prohibitive (think 100s of
> thousands of $$, or more). Also, D2007 is a better, more popular
> release in wider use.

Having D2006, what license are removed ??

IS it only for Architect or also for Pro ?
0
Alf
8/31/2010 5:10:32 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> On 31.08.2010 17:51, Allen Bauer wrote:
> > There is a license for some technology in D2006 that has since
> > expired and renewing that license was way too cost-prohibitive
> > (think 100s of thousands of $$, or more). Also, D2007 is a better,
> > more popular release in wider use.
>
> Having D2006, what license are removed ??
>
> IS it only for Architect or also for Pro ?

I don't remember which particular edition, but I think it was for all
editions.

The licensed technology had no effect on the runtimes or the
applications you built. As for exactly what it was, I cannot say. We
don't usually discuss licensing deals or contracts unless they have a
profound effect on our customers.

--
Allen Bauer
Embarcadero Chief Scientist
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/abauer
0
Allen
8/31/2010 5:20:45 PM
> P.S. I am a little disappointed that Delphi 8 is not in the list. ;-)

You would't want that one. BTW, it's all over eBay
0
Jennifer
8/31/2010 6:31:21 PM
Hello,

if I'd be allowed to guess I'd say it's the StarTeam IDE integration.
That at least got droppend in between...

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/31/2010 9:24:23 PM
Markus Humm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if I'd be allowed to guess I'd say it's the StarTeam IDE integration.
> That at least got droppend in between...

Hmm... no comment ;-).

--
Allen Bauer
Embarcadero Chief Scientist
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/abauer
0
Allen
8/31/2010 9:27:25 PM
> {quote:title=Kyle Miller wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote}
> > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the
> > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph.
> >
> > "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> > downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
> > with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
> >
> > Very nice bonus!
>
> I already own all of those, but good to know for anyone who has been hanging back on versions. On top of that bonus is the current offer of free upgrades for the next 12 months, which includes the next major release. They sure are sweetening the pot with XE.

Could you point me to the info on free upgrades for the next 12 months...   I renewed my SA SOLELY because crossplatform was coming, now  I get a release I really don't need and I bet the SA customers don't get the free upgrades so I'll have to renew again on the HOPE they might actually deliver or just put this in my rearview mirror.   Hopefully im wrong, but they usually give all the deals to the buy/upgrade customers and count on the SA people for their recurring revenue but ignore them deal wise.

> P.S. I am a little disappointed that Delphi 8 is not in the list. ;-)
0
Dan
8/31/2010 10:21:53 PM
> {quote:title=Dan Ridenhour wrote:}{quote}
> Could you point me to the info on free upgrades for the next 12 months...   I renewed my SA SOLELY because crossplatform was coming, now  I get a release I really don't need and I bet the SA customers don't get the free upgrades so I'll have to renew again on the HOPE they might actually deliver or just put this in my rearview mirror.   Hopefully im wrong, but they usually give all the deals to the buy/upgrade customers and count on the SA people for their recurring revenue but ignore them deal wise.

{quote}
Through September, 2010 Embarcadero is offering a specially priced upgrade for all RAD Studio versions and editions. This special offer includes:

    * The latest RAD Studio 2010 release and the next major version
    * Over a dozen of our best database development and application development tools wrapped into a single All-Access* license
    * A full year of support and maintenance to stay current on releases of all the products
    * *All major RAD Studio releases in the next 12 months.*
{quote}

http://www.embarcadero.com/offers/the-ultimate-rad-upgrade
0
Kyle
8/31/2010 11:32:12 PM
On 8/31/2010 4:32 PM, Kyle Miller wrote:
>> {quote:title=Dan Ridenhour wrote:}{quote}
>> Could you point me to the info on free upgrades for the next 12 months...   I renewed my SA SOLELY because crossplatform was coming, now  I get a release I really don't need and I bet the SA customers don't get the free upgrades so I'll have to renew again on the HOPE they might actually deliver or just put this in my rearview mirror.   Hopefully im wrong, but they usually give all the deals to the buy/upgrade customers and count on the SA people for their recurring revenue but ignore them deal wise.
>

> {quote}
> Through September, 2010 Embarcadero is offering a specially priced upgrade for all RAD Studio versions and editions. This special offer includes:
>
>      * The latest RAD Studio 2010 release and the next major version
>      * Over a dozen of our best database development and application development tools wrapped into a single All-Access* license
>      * A full year of support and maintenance to stay current on releases of all the products
>      * *All major RAD Studio releases in the next 12 months.*
> {quote}
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/offers/the-ultimate-rad-upgrade

I'm a bit upset by this, unless something gets clarified REAL soon by EMB.

As an SA purchaser, I'm NOT entitled to "the next major upgrade" unless
it occurs in the next few months before my SA expires.  However, if I
had NOT renewed my SA this year, and simply purchased the upgrade at
this time, the rate I paid would have been effectively the same (i.e.,
the amount of money since I renewed on a pro-rated basis, plus a
one-year renewal, are essentially the same price as the current
'upgrade), PLUS I would be 'guaranteed' the next major upgrade
(containing all the stuff they were promising when I made the SA renewal
purchase, which is not contained in the XE release).

So, David, Allen, Mike, etc., what's the deal?  If a person received XE
under their current SA contract, will they be 'guaranteed' the next
major release as well?  Or will this offer, which is effectively cheaper
than current SA customers who have been supporting the product will be
paying, only going to benefit those who were 'smart enough' to not
purchase an SA contract?

David Erbas-White
0
David
9/1/2010 12:02:34 AM
On 2010-08-31 20:02:34 -0400, David Erbas-White <derbas@arachneering.com> said:

>> http://www.embarcadero.com/offers/the-ultimate-rad-upgrade
>
> I'm a bit upset by this, unless something gets clarified REAL soon by EMB.
>
> As an SA purchaser....

Yeah, I can understand being ticked by this, but other than on the EMB
website, I can find no indication of this offer on the reseller
websites.  Canada, in my case.

--
Kevin Powick
0
On 2010-08-31 20:21:36 -0400, Kevin Powick <nospam@spamless.com> said:

> On 2010-08-31 20:02:34 -0400, David Erbas-White <derbas@arachneering.com> said:
>
>>> http://www.embarcadero.com/offers/the-ultimate-rad-upgrade
>>
>> I'm a bit upset by this, unless something gets clarified REAL soon by EMB.
>>
>> As an SA purchaser....
>
> Yeah, I can understand being ticked by this, but other than on the EMB
> website, I can find no indication of this offer on the reseller
> websites.  Canada, in my case.

Ah, wait.  It seems that this "Ultimate Upgrade" is special pricing to
move into the "All Access" program.  Though I cannot find this special
price listed anywhere.  The annual fee for Bronze level "All Access" is
$US 2,250.00 per year.  So, even if there is some super-duper upgrade
price, moving into the "All Access" category seems like it would be
rather expensive over the long haul.

--
Kevin Powick
0
> On 8/31/2010 4:32 PM, Kyle Miller wrote:
>>> {quote:title=Dan Ridenhour wrote:}{quote}
>>> Could you point me to the info on free upgrades for the next 12 months...
>>> I renewed my SA SOLELY because crossplatform was coming, now  I get a
>>> release I really don't need and I bet the SA customers don't get the free
>>> upgrades so I'll have to renew again on the HOPE they might actually
>>> deliver or just put this in my rearview mirror.   Hopefully im wrong, but
>>> they usually give all the deals to the buy/upgrade customers and count on
>>> the SA people for their recurring revenue but ignore them deal wise.
>>

>> {quote}
>> Through September, 2010 Embarcadero is offering a specially priced upgrade
>> for all RAD Studio versions and editions. This special offer includes:
>>
>>      * The latest RAD Studio 2010 release and the next major version
>>      * Over a dozen of our best database development and application
>> development tools wrapped into a single All-Access* license      * A full
>> year of support and maintenance to stay current on releases of all the
>> products      * *All major RAD Studio releases in the next 12 months.*
>> {quote}
>>
>> http://www.embarcadero.com/offers/the-ultimate-rad-upgrade
>
> I'm a bit upset by this, unless something gets clarified REAL soon by EMB.
>
> As an SA purchaser, I'm NOT entitled to "the next major upgrade" unless
> it occurs in the next few months before my SA expires.  However, if I
> had NOT renewed my SA this year, and simply purchased the upgrade at
> this time, the rate I paid would have been effectively the same (i.e.,
> the amount of money since I renewed on a pro-rated basis, plus a
> one-year renewal, are essentially the same price as the current
> 'upgrade), PLUS I would be 'guaranteed' the next major upgrade
> (containing all the stuff they were promising when I made the SA renewal
> purchase, which is not contained in the XE release).
>
> So, David, Allen, Mike, etc., what's the deal?  If a person received XE
> under their current SA contract, will they be 'guaranteed' the next
> major release as well?  Or will this offer, which is effectively cheaper
> than current SA customers who have been supporting the product will be
> paying, only going to benefit those who were 'smart enough' to not
> purchase an SA contract?
>
> David Erbas-White

I don't see the prices, but how are you figuring that
buying All-Access is going to be cheaper than SA?

Thanks,
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
 faith comforts the software engineer."
  -- Fred Brooks
0
Brad
9/1/2010 1:04:20 AM
Brad White has brought this to us :

>> David Erbas-White
>
> I don't see the prices, but how are you figuring that
> buying All-Access is going to be cheaper than SA?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad.

Sorry about the overquoting.
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
 faith comforts the software engineer."
  -- Fred Brooks
0
Brad
9/1/2010 1:05:11 AM
On 8/31/2010 6:04 PM, Brad White wrote:

I went to the indicated page, clicked on the 'buy now online' to see the
prices, clicked on 'USA', clicked on 'RAD Studio XE Buy Now', and the
indicated price is indicated as $699 for a download.

Now that it's been more clearly pointed out that this is an "All Access
Only" offer, I go back one click, click on "Bronze", and see that the
price is $1295.

So, at a $1295 price, this is NOT a good deal -- the confusion arises
from the 'special deal' page then not linking me direct to the proper
page for pricing.

This means I now don't feel 'cheated', I merely see that Embarcadero
marketing is still up to the confusing tricks that they've brought over
from Borland...

David Erbas-White
0
David
9/1/2010 1:36:55 AM
>> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
>> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
>> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
>> Very nice bonus!

> why Delphi 7?

That was just for my benefit. <g>
0
John
9/1/2010 2:52:11 AM
> {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote}

> "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and
> downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included
> with your order confirmation email and in the product readme."
>
> Very nice bonus!

Yes, Good to see.

Of course this should be standard industry practice - and many companies already do this.
0
Jim
9/1/2010 3:27:59 AM
> {quote:title=David Erbas-White wrote:}{quote}
>
> I'm a bit upset by this, unless something gets clarified REAL soon by EMB.
>
> As an SA purchaser, I'm NOT entitled to "the next major upgrade" unless
> it occurs in the next few months before my SA expires.  However, if I

Keep in mind this special began before Delphi XE's release. "next major upgrade" in this special refers to Delphi XE. The special says "Delphi 2010 and next major version." Delphi XE is the next major version after 2010. Don't worry. I read like you did the first time too.

If you buy Delphi XE now, you would get the next version of Delphi IF it releases in the next 12 months.

I think the special is marketing for the All Access program.
0
Kyle
9/1/2010 3:34:24 AM
Am 31.08.2010 23:27, schrieb Allen Bauer:
> Markus Humm wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> if I'd be allowed to guess I'd say it's the StarTeam IDE integration.
>> That at least got droppend in between...
>
> Hmm... no comment ;-).

You better hadn't said anything... ;-)

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus

How to access Delphi 7 & 2009 after purchasing Delphi XE
I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Please respond. Regards, SB, L&T Hi sushweta biswas, > I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Your reseller should have told you: after registering Delphi XE, you can go to http://www.embarcadero.com/xe-earlier-versions to enter your serial number of Delphi XE as well as your EDN account informati...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

is there a Delphi 2007

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Don't Download This Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Don't Download This Song " is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic 's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood . The song was released ...

Facebook Adds To Download Your Information
Facebook increased the amount of information users can access when they download their account histories using the social network’s Download ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

‘Silent updates’ for Android download latest version of Facebook without Google Play
... users to receive app updates without going through the Google Play store. Some Android users are now receiving “silent updates,” which download ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Hey Siri, download Cortana to my iPhone later today, would you?
... , Cortana iPhone , Siri For more news on Apps , Siri , and Cortana continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Hey Siri, download ...