New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]

Hello guys

I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see.

I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w

The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description
0
Eric

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> Hello guys
>
> I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see.
>
> I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w
>
> The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description

That's very impressive. When I get home I'll play around with the app, but just seeing the video was great. It's encouraging to know Firemonkey can do this sort of thing!
0
Michael
1/8/2014 8:42:20 PM
Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile
> camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing
> the final version, which has a much better interface than the
> previous version, along with some nice features that you all will
> like to see.
>
> I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows
> some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w
>
> The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are
> available on the video description

Thx Eric - what is the name of the Android app on play.google.com?
Cheers,
Kim.

Kim
1/9/2014 3:26:49 AM
Hi Eric,

Very impressive, that's cool.
And the Video stream is very fluid ! What is the protocol ? rtsp ? How do you use it with fmx ? ffmpg ?

Thx !

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> Hello guys
>
> I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see.
>
> I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w
>
> The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description
0
Vincent
1/9/2014 2:06:22 PM
> Very impressive, that's cool.
> And the Video stream is very fluid ! What is the protocol ? rtsp ? How do you use it with fmx ? ffmpg ?

Thanks!

The protocol is proprietary binary, we are using Indy for TCP transmission of JPEG images.
We are considering FFMPEG for future implementation so we can decode H.264 and MPEG-4 streams
0
Eric
1/9/2014 3:35:55 PM
> Thx Eric - what is the name of the Android app on play.google.com?

Hey Kim. I just published on Play Store, it will be available in a few hours

The name is Digifort Mobile Client
0
Eric
1/9/2014 4:53:58 PM
Now available on Play Store!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Digifort.MobileClient
0
Eric
1/9/2014 5:45:22 PM
> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> Now available on Play Store!
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Digifort.MobileClient

Great work! happy to see it!
But as i tried i could not get any video frames from the FM TCameraComponent  callback. How did you do that?
> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> Now available on Play Store!
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Digifort.MobileClient

Could you share your experience in setting up the list of compatible devices for your application on Google Play?
0
Vadim
2/1/2014 6:43:44 PM
Indeed promising. Congratulations, very impressive video.

But just when I wanted to get too excited my eye caught the link to another video with the heading: "Embarcadero Delphi XE5 is slow":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgU5UxMS8mA

Anyway, at least it seems that there is progress!
0
Wouter
2/4/2014 6:33:32 PM
> Could you share your experience in setting up the list of compatible devices for your application on Google Play?

Hi!

I didn´t touch the device compatibility list because apparently google does not know which processor runs on each device... so, there is really no way to check all devices for compatibility.. I just posted my app. I have some statistics though...

From 448 installations so far, only 6 failed (Reportedly).

I got only 2 reports from users that could not run the app (could not open), one was using android 3.0 that is not supported by Delphi and the other didn´t have ARMv7 with NEON

The other 4 fails are just reported by google

I honestly thought that the app would run in far less devices... so, it is pretty good so far!
0
Eric
2/6/2014 9:01:27 PM
> Great work! happy to see it!
> But as i tried i could not get any video frames from the FM TCameraComponent  callback. How did you do that?

Thanks!

Well, there was nothing special... I just used the event that indicates that a frame is ready in the buffer...

I had some issues with Android prior XE5 updates but it is working now

Under IOS it works great since XE4
0
Eric
2/6/2014 9:02:45 PM
Thank you for a good news: 6 out of 448 is a good statistics. It might be biased a little, since video surveillance app might attract a crowd which better understands technical issues; still - it is great.
0
Vadim
2/6/2014 9:58:08 PM
>  It might be biased a little, since video surveillance app might attract a crowd which better understands technical issues; still - it is great.

Yes, might be biased, also our customers tend to have better devices :)
0
Eric

Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit]
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my first application on a mac platform. I have successfully built the application on my dev mac and run it through PAServer and now I would like to deploy it on a different MacOS. I tried to drag and drop the application .app file into the application folder of the new Mac. The app shows up but as soon as I start it, I got a message telling me that it stopped unexpectedly. I'm really lost here: With windows, I'd have no problem finding out what is wrong but, with a Mac, I haven't got a clue what I did wrong. The application doesn't do an...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Many Delphi made apps in Play Store [Edit]
So... I was curious to see how many Delphi made apps I would be able to find in Google Play... I know that by default the package name of an app made with Delphi is prefixed with com.embarcadero and there are many developers out there that does not know (Or don't care) how to change it... so I searched in google play for some keywords such as "Embarcadero" and "Delphi XE5" I checked all the results and I have found over 100 apps already made with Delphi, some are bad, some are samples, but many are very good, including simple games and serious business apps Som...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today by one of the major suppliers in the UK, Vodafone that it does not have any Android tablets in its range that is compatible with Delphi XE5. Can someone confirm this or if your using a new Samsung tablet please tell me if it works! Has anyone bought a 3g/4g tablet from Vodafone this year and deployed a Delphi firemonkey app to it? Edited by: Clive Morgan on Dec 4, 2013 7:21 PM if the tablet does not have the NEON CPU support then it wont work but it will work on samsung devives that do have that (e.g a samsung phone) it is a shame that it wont work on non NEON devices because it seems that even new device are not all having NEON CPU feature > {quote:title=Clive Morgan wrote:}{quote} > I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? > > If so I will be very...

[Delphi] Create new.exe file from my app.exe [Edit]
Hello! for example i have app.exe with one edit and button on button click i wana create new app2.exe with one button and on that button (app2.exe) click it will show me message (who was entered in edit1.text(in app.exe)) what should i looking for? dont have an idea.. Thank you ############# hm... another way i have app.exe with 2 forms and on button click its create newapp.exe same look like my app.exe form2 with buttons and rest stuf another words on button click extract/copy Form2 as Form2.exe from my app.exe Edited by: Ronaldo DeVinche on May 5, 2009 9:57 AM ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Delphi XE5 Android App dies preparing INDY email [Edit]
Can someone help me with the following code, it connects and authenticates the idsmtp connection but the app dies on the line:- idMessage1.Recipients.EMailAddresses:='colin@gmail.com'; Anyone had and overcome this problem? procedure TForm3.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin if idSMtp1.Connected = true then idsmtp1.Disconnect; idsmtp1.Connect; //THIS LINE WORKS idSmtp1.Authenticate; //THIS LINE WORKS idMessage1.Clear; //THIS LINE WORKS ...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, IdTCPClient; type TForm1 = class(TForm) TabControl1: TTabControl; TabItem1: TTabItem; TabItem2: TTabItem; TabItem3: TTabItem; TabItem4: TTabItem; ListBox1: TListBox; LabelIP: TLabel; Edit1: TEdit; LabelPort: TLabel; Edit2: TEdit; BtnConnect: TButton; IdTCPClient1: TIdTCPClient; procedure BtnConnectClick(Sender: TObject); private { Déclarations privées } IdTcpClient : TIdTcpClient; public { Déclarations publiques } end; var Form1: TForm1; implementation {$R *.fmx} uses FMXCommon; //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ procedure TForm1.BtnConnectClick(Sender: TObject); begin ListBox1.items.add('Connecting'); end; end. {code} franck wrote: > But if I ...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Re: Maybe is a new life for Delphi? [Edit] [Edit]
Cesar Romero wrote: > > This is not ad. Sparta is not commercial product. > > Any product announcement should be in 3rd party group, comercial or > not, that is part of newsgroup guidelines. Right. -Craig [moderator] -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Delphi 7 app to web app conversion [Edit]
My company has an old Windows engineering application that we would like to convert to a web application so that we can offer it as a software as a service. The application is written primarily in Delphi 7 with the heavy number crunching done in Fortran (I did say it was old!). We would like to reuse as much of the existing Delphi code as possible and only modify the Fortran enough so that it will run in the background on the web server. We have never developed a web application so we're looking for guidance on the best way to make this conversion. Our questions at this point: 1. Is it realistic to expect that we will be able to reuse most of our Delphi 7 code? 2. We have about 60 forms in our application. What level of effort should we expect for an experienced Delphi programmer to make the conversion? Days? Weeks? Months? 3. Judging by the amount of activity in this forum it appears that many of you are successfully using IntraWeb for web application development. What are the strengths and weaknesses of IntraWeb? Should we consider other frameworks like Morfik, Raudus and WebHub? The website for our application is [here|http://www.cablecad.com] if you're interested. Edited by: Terry Shimabukuro on Dec 14, 2011 5:13 PM unigui <Terry Shimabukuro> schreef in bericht news:428977@forums.embarcadero.com... > My company has an old Windows engineering application that we would like > to convert to a web application so ...

New to Delphi [Edit]
Hi, I am new to Delphi and arrived, perhaps, by accident. I am by profession a .NET build engineer with enough experience with VB.NET and C#. Hobby-wise I program in Cocoa and REALbasic. I experimented a bit with Cocoa-bindings for C# and thus arrived at Delphi Prism. Then came the special offer in the store where I would buy one thing and get another cheaper for free. A clever offer, given that the only useful combinations make me spend more money. And another 50 pounds gives me even more. So I finally decided to get the Delphi/C++ Builder bundle and Delphi Prism. I am currently in the 30 day trial and learning. I don't know C++ and am not interested in learning it. I just figured it couldn't hurt to have C++ Builder in case I change my mind. I currently use REALbasic for native Win32 programming. I think perhaps Delphi is better since REALbasic is often not enough even for my humble skills (almost none). So now I am stuck. I don't actually know much about Delphi and my last experience with Pascal was 1995 in high school with Trubo Pascal 6. But I like books. Can anyone recommend a good book about Delphi and Delphi Prism? Also, are there any good tips for complete beginners? I figure I don't need a support contract for Delphi if I don't want free updates and I can always get a support contract when I buy an upgrade once Delphi gets new features I want? I am hoping for cross-platform VCL so I can use Delphi to replace REALbasic c...

How to Change Tablet App to Phone app in Delphi XE8? [Edit]
Hi, i've created an app more specifically for tablets. So if the screen is smaller than 7 inch not everything fits. I do work with layouts and Align properties so everything gets scaled accordingly to the screen size. I know a few options to make the app useable for phones ass well. But not sure what the best way is. Option1: Create multiple Views for each size screen. Option2: Use ScaledLayout to make everything smaller or bigger. Option3: Use scrollBox. Option4: Edit component sizes in FormCreate after checking screen size. Option5: Devide in more Forms. *So what&...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

XE5 cannot import WSDL of a Delphi XE5 created Web service [Edit]
I solved it, and it was a silly question. Edited by: Gurkan Karagoz on Feb 26, 2014 4:18 AM ...

calling a c++ dll from a delphi vcl app crashes the app upon exit [Edit]
I am using RAD Studio 2010 and I downloaded the latest updates. Since I can't see how I can attach a file to the message, I included in this message the source code for each file: To reproduce this problem follow these steps: Create a project group with two projects, one c++ dll project and one a Delphi VCL forms project. Save all the files in the same folder. 1. Use the wizard to create the c++ dll project, select c++ & Use VCL checkboxes. Make sure Project Options->C++ Linker->Dynamic RTL is set to true. I also added memmgr.lib and sharemem.obj to the project but I bel...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

New Delphi Book [Edit]
Hi For those of you who still don´t know, Chris Rolliston has release a new Delphi book covering the XE2 release: http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-XE2-Foundations-Chris-Rolliston/dp/1477550895/ I´m just happy to see a new Delphi book making into print. I just received my copy today Congratulations to Chris for this material! Interesting, I will put it on my "want" list. > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > For those of you who still don´t know, Chris Rolliston has release a new Delphi book covering the XE2 release: ...

Web resources about - New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Passed the House on September 7, 1978 ( 246-128 , in lieu of H.R. 7308 ) The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (" FISA " Pub.L. 95–511 ...

Tor Project says Google, CloudFlare and others are involved in dark web surveillance and disruption
With privacy concerns and the threat of surveillance from the likes of the NSA , more and more people are turning to the dark web and Tor . The ...

AG Lynch defends surveillance to tech industry gathering
Attorney General Loretta Lynch is traveling to the heart of the U.S. technology industry to make her pitch that tech companies should help the ...

As Silicon Valley Rallies to Fight Surveillance, Amazon Drops Encryption From FireOS 5 Devices
Apple has made no bones about where it stands in the legal face-off with the FBI over privacy and encryption. And most of Silicon Valley has ...

Appeals Court Rules Against Cellphone-Surveillance Device
A Maryland appeals court says a clandestine cellphone-surveillance device used by Baltimore police in an attempted murder case violates the Fourth ...

Russia Seeking Permission To Fly Surveillance Plane With Advanced Digital Cameras Over US
The news comes as U.S. intelligence and military officials reportedly warned that such surveillance activities might help Moscow collect intelligence. ...

Surveillance Video Shows Plane Crash on Street Outside Whiteman Airport in Pacoima
No one was injured when a plane crashed and struck multiple parked vehicles on a street outside Whiteman Airport in Pacoima on Monday, according ...

An FBI win over Apple could create a surveillance state - MarketWatch
A precedent for more ‘back doors’ would be set, and personal security would end, writes Timothy Summers.

#SquadGoals? Surveillance Shows Ten Masked Robbers Breaking Into Gun Store, Stealing Rifles
... crawl out, affixing a chain to the door and busting open the entire entrance to the gun shop. Plumes of black smoke fill the frame of the surveillance ...

'Unfortunately we have not been able to trust the federal government when it comes to surveillance'
'Unfortunately we have not been able to trust the federal government when it comes to surveillance'