Migrate Crystal Reports 8.5 to 2008 in Delphi via RDC... Help !!!

Hello,
I use Delphi 2005 with Crystal 8.5 RDC and need upgrade to Delphi 2007 and Crystal 2008 (v12)...

I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its possible?
(Or some other option?)

Someone have some patch to it?

thanks .
0
aeeeeeeee

> {quote:title=aeeeeeeee beeeeeeee wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> I use Delphi 2005 with Crystal 8.5 RDC and need upgrade to Delphi 2007 and Crystal 2008 (v12)...
>
> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its possible?
> (Or some other option?)
>
> Someone have some patch to it?
>
> thanks .

Plz help :(
0
aeeeeeeee
2/24/2010 2:10:41 PM
On 2010-02-24 09:10:41 -0500, aeeeeeeee beeeeeeee <> said:

>> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ...
>> its possible?
>> (Or some other option?)

Go for the "other option" and change to FastReports or ReportBuilder.

I got away from Crystal Reports many years ago, and it was a good decision.

--
Kevin Powick
0
>> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its
>> possible?

Crystal dropped RDC support. Only .NET and Java integration remains in
CR2008.

>> Someone have some patch to it?

You could use the CR VCL as it depends on crep32.dll and that dll is said to
be included with CR2008 (though not updated to reflect the newest features).
However, this is a dead end too.

Another option could be to create a .NET component with a .NET development
tool and have this component expose the needed functions to COM. You then
could generate a COM-wrapper to the .NET component. This means your app will
depend on the .NET framework and loading/activating the component will load
the .NET framework.

>> (Or some other option?)

If possible do like Kevin advised and drop Crystal in favour of a Delphi
reporting solution.

Gert
0
Gert