Migrate Crystal Reports 8.5 to 2008 in Delphi via RDC... Help !!!

Hello,
I use Delphi 2005 with Crystal 8.5 RDC and need upgrade to Delphi 2007 and Crystal 2008 (v12)...

I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its possible?
(Or some other option?)

Someone have some patch to it?

thanks .
0
aeeeeeeee

> {quote:title=aeeeeeeee beeeeeeee wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> I use Delphi 2005 with Crystal 8.5 RDC and need upgrade to Delphi 2007 and Crystal 2008 (v12)...
>
> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its possible?
> (Or some other option?)
>
> Someone have some patch to it?
>
> thanks .

Plz help :(
0
aeeeeeeee
2/24/2010 2:10:41 PM
On 2010-02-24 09:10:41 -0500, aeeeeeeee beeeeeeee <> said:

>> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ...
>> its possible?
>> (Or some other option?)

Go for the "other option" and change to FastReports or ReportBuilder.

I got away from Crystal Reports many years ago, and it was a good decision.

--
Kevin Powick
0
>> I´m looking for using Crystal Reports 2008 in Delphi 2007 via RDC ... its
>> possible?

Crystal dropped RDC support. Only .NET and Java integration remains in
CR2008.

>> Someone have some patch to it?

You could use the CR VCL as it depends on crep32.dll and that dll is said to
be included with CR2008 (though not updated to reflect the newest features).
However, this is a dead end too.

Another option could be to create a .NET component with a .NET development
tool and have this component expose the needed functions to COM. You then
could generate a COM-wrapper to the .NET component. This means your app will
depend on the .NET framework and loading/activating the component will load
the .NET framework.

>> (Or some other option?)

If possible do like Kevin advised and drop Crystal in favour of a Delphi
reporting solution.

Gert
0
Gert

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

Crystal report 2008 in Delphi 2010
Hi there, I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our application. We have changed the version number in ucrpe32.pas file & modified the related files to work with version 2008. But we are getting the following error Error: 538 Error in File Employee.rpt: Parameter has invalid structure size. ‘PrintOptions.GetCopies<PEGetPrintOptions>' Could you please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks & regards, Mary > {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote} > Hi there, > > I’m using Delphi 2010 & Crystal report 2008 vcl in our applicat...

Problem with Delphi 5 Crystal RDC
Not sure if this is the right forum. I have a D5 Webbroker app that creates a Crystal Report via the RDC vers 8.5 Crystal Reports. I have created a test report that has a subreport in it. I'm trying to access the subreport to do a run-time log on to the SQL server db that it references. I create reports all day long with RDC but none have ever had a subreport. My code blows up (Error accessing address ????????). Here is the snippet .. this tries to roll thru the report sections looking for a subreport. It blows up where the "xxxxxxxxx" is marked. Message: Access violation...

Crystal Reports 2008 and Delphi 2007
Hello all. As a technical support representative for Crystal Reports and BOE SDKs, I often come across Delphi developers requesting assistance with Crystal Reports. With help from a couple of co-workers, I wrote an article on Crystal Reports SDKs and Delphi. The article "Crystal Reports Support for Delphi – History and Present" is available at this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70533725-7926-2c10-f3b5-dd99fcfcd482 Feedback from the Delphi developer community, is very much appreciated. Feedback can be either through this forum, th...

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp
Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem... I am a tech writer (not a programmer). We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word. The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs. So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010. And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp. That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file. What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windo...

Crystal reports and Delphi 2010 migrating a legacy app
Hello all, I'm migrating an app from Delphi 2005 to 2010. It contains some crystal reports which no longer supports delphi. I was having a look in the interface to the Crystal DLL and it seems that the interface to the crystall DLL is in only once class in CRDynamic.pas. I was thinking that all I should have to do is convert the strings back and forwards from 16 to 8 bit to call the dll and all should be good. Has anyone tried this? If so would you like to share code or have any advice on whether it works or not? tia, Dave > {quote:title=David Ninnes wrote:}{quote} > He...

crystal report 8.5 help function did not work
Crystal report 8.5 help function did not work. Can someone help me? I got it: 1. From the 'Start' menu, select 'Run'. 2. Type "regedit" into the Run dialog box. 3. Expand the registry sub key: HKey_Local_Machine | Software | Seagate Software | Crystal Reports | Help 4. Find the values for the 'En' and 'Format' key. 5. If the value for 'En' is set to: a) C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Help\En, then set the value for 'Format' to "0x00000002 (2)". - Or - b) C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Help\En\HTML,...

Powerbuilder 7- Crystal Reports 8.5 (RDC)
Hi All. If anybody has worked with crystal rdc and powerbuilder maybe you can help me. I have successfully implemented a batch process with powerbuilder and rdc to produce reports on request. My last step is to implement error handling. In the events: <externalexception> and <error> in the user object i used for crystal processing the following code. //*****START CODE***** action = ExceptionIgnore! // If an error occur... gb_batch_status = FALSE gb_failed_print = TRUE FileWrite(gi_err_fnum, "Report #" + string(il_report_id_error) + " " + ...

migrating from crystal report 8.5 to 10.0 giving error
I am working in migrating my cr application to 10th ver from the existing 8.5 where we have to explicitly make a query in query builder and then attach it. I was using dsn in ms odbc for oracle driver to connect the DB. Now in 10.0 i have removed the query file created using 8.5 query builder and trying to write directly to command editor. the report as stand alone is working fine. but when i try to generate the pdf using my vb application then on .export option it is giving error as "Logon failed.Details: 01S00:[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Invalid connection string attribute"...

Web resources about - Migrate Crystal Reports 8.5 to 2008 in Delphi via RDC... Help !!! - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Pacific Islanders reject 'climate refugee' status, want to 'migrate with dignity', SIDS conference hears ...
Pacific Islanders who may be forced to flee rising sea levels say they want to be able to migrate with dignity.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... all of their content, playlists, music, and preferences will be safe until January 19th, 2016. That means that you have until then to migrate ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots , new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv , a company that catalogs, tags ...