Microsoft Releases Windows 10 IoT Core for the $35 Raspberry Pi

Microsoft Releases Windows 10 IoT Core for the $35 Raspberry Pi

http://www.solidsmack.com/electronic/microsoft-releases-windows-10-for-the-35-raspberry-pi/

In a new post on the Windows Blog, Steve Teixeira, Microsoft’s Director of Management for Microsoft’s IoT Team, announced that the company has officially released the pubic version of Windows IoT Core, their pared-down version of Windows 10 which was engineered to be used with the Raspberry Pi 2 and the Minnowboard Max.

(Is this the same guy who wrote several books on Dephi back in the day?)

-David
0
David

David Schwartz wrote:

> (Is this the same guy who wrote several books on Dephi back in the
> day?)

Yep, same guy.

--
Nick
Delphi Programming is Fun

Yes, and mentioned in this

http://delphi.org/2015/08/conversation-with-allen-bauer-chief-scientist

Martyn
0
Martyn
8/14/2015 9:39:48 PM
>David Schwartz wrote:
>>Microsoft Releases Windows 10 IoT Core for the $35 Raspberry Pi

The fun is coming back
0
Gilbert
I use RPi for tollgate.(Relay and Barcode reader)
For pascal developer; Raspian + Free Pascal(deamon client)= Rock
Ismet Sonmez
"David Schwartz" wrote in message news:729707@forums.embarcadero.com...
Microsoft Releases Windows 10 IoT Core for the $35 Raspberry Pi
http://www.solidsmack.com/electronic/microsoft-releases-windows-10-for-the-35-raspberry-pi/
In a new post on the Windows Blog, Steve Teixeira, Microsoft’s Director of
Management for Microsoft’s IoT Team, announced that the company has
officially released the pubic version of Windows IoT Core, their pared-down
version of Windows 10 which was engineered to be used with the Raspberry Pi
2 and the Minnowboard Max.
(Is this the same guy who wrote several books on Dephi back in the day?)
-David
0
Utf
[...]

Windows 10 going to support Raspberry Pi 2 SoC.... Delphi/C++ Builder?
Raspberry Foundation and Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will run on the new Raspberry Pi 2: http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/ http://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/raspberrypi2support Windows already run on some SoC boards (i.e Intel Galileo), and it looks Windows 10 will expand to more devices for its IoT support. Now that Google Glasses have been shelved, what are Embarcadero plans to support this (relatively) "new" class of devices in Delphi and C++ Builder? MS is going to support them with developer tools as well. Supporting them could be a good...

Windows 10 going to support Raspberry Pi 2 SoC.... Delphi/C++ Builder? [Edit]
Raspberry Foundation and Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will run on the new Raspberry Pi 2: http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/ http://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/raspberrypi2support Interview with Pi founder Upton: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/02/windows_10_raspberry_pi_2_eben_upton_interview/ Windows already run on some SoC boards (i.e Intel Galileo), and it looks Windows 10 will expand to more devices for its IoT support. Now that Google Glasses have been shelved, what are Embarcadero plans to support this (relatively) "new" class of ...

Re: Windows 10 going to support Raspberry Pi 2 SoC.... Delphi/C++ Builder?
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > If you need arms, or think you need them, it is not really civilized, > IMO. But let's not discuss that here. Actually, we have them for sport, not for protection. -- Cheers, Van "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers ...

Microsoft Releases Windows XP SP2 Release Candidate 1
Microsoft made good on a promise earlier this week to broaden its Windows XP SP2 beta testing and put security features into more hands with the release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate. The release candidate of Windows XP SP2 offers several new features not offered in the first beta that shipped in December, including the Windows Security Center accessible from the Windows Control Panel, the Pop-up Blocker on by default and for consumers, the Windows Update V5 Release Candidate 1. The Security Center, one of several Windows XP RC1 features demonstrated by Microsoft...

Microsoft to release Windows Vista SP1 release on February 15th?
Digitimes.com runs a story about DRAM supplies getting short this year. He mentions Vista SP1 might be a trigger for more DRAM demand: "Nanya's Pai said that in 2007 major PC OEMs had limited amounts to spend on DRAM because of rising panel and battery prices. He expects the PC market to have a drop in sales in the first quarter, which will be deeper than the ones in previous years because of strong shipments by PC OEMs to retail channels in the fourth quarter. But the PC market will rebound in the second quarter, he said. The launch of an updated version of Microso...

Windows 10 and Delphi
So, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfveyXCsiA8 WinRT may not be called WinRT but "Windows Store Apps" are not going away. Microsoft has been pushing and continues to push their Universal Apps as the first-class way to build software for Windows going forward, and it is now obvious that they are not limited to tablet-ey devices and will be front-and-center on the desktop (in windows, yay). Windows Phone may never amount to much from a market share standpoint but "Windows Store" already does. When it comes to consumer-level stuff, it's reasonable to th...

Windows 10 and Delphi
It would be nice if MS would support Object Pascal http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/technology/microsoft-looks-to-windows-10-for-a-jolt-in-the-mobile-realm.html ...

Windows 10 and Delphi
It would be nice if MS would support Object Pascal http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/technology/microsoft-looks-to-windows-10-for-a-jolt-in-the-mobile-realm.html ...

Microsoft has released Windows XP Release Candidate 2 (Build 2526) to the beta testers.
"Microsoft is finishing the development of Windows XP: the new build 2526 (Release Candidate 2) is the main build until the final version (RTM - Release to Manufacturing) on Aug 20th " http://www.ntcompatible.com/ There is a quick review of WinXP RC2 at Baboo. Source: www.baboo.com.br ___ Ted ...

Microsoft to Release Windows XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N in Europe
REDMOND, Wash. - June 8, 2005 - Microsoft Corp. today announced the timetable for availability of Windows� XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N, the two versions of the Windows operating system created as part of the company's compliance with the European Commission's decision of March 2004. Originally released to computer makers in January 2005, the latest versions of the XP operating systems without Windows Media Player follow further clarifications from the European Commission. These products will be made available to computer manufacturers on June 15 in English, ...

Microsoft releases tool to restore NTBackup files on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with a utility for restoring backups made on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to computers that are running Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d9a3d988-bd82-41ca-acf4-39dea08ff7ab -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" On 1/28/2010 08:22 AM, parad0X wrote: > This week Microsoft released an update for Windows 7 and Windows Server > 2008 R2 with a utility fo...

BOClean Update File released- FILEDATE: 07/02/05
FILEDATE: 07/02/05 - 06:07:35 (US EDT) (10:07:35 GMT/UTC) TWENTY-TWO new nasties today for a total of 7200 UNIQUE trojans (43,237 trojans, worms, rootkits, adware, spyware, keyloggers, "dialers" and other malware in total, including all variants) covered in today's update for BOClean 4.12. To UPDATE your BOClean 4.12, doubleclick on your BOClean traybar icon and select "check for update" to have BOClean 4.12 automatically collect and install your update for you. BOClean 4.12 is designed to perform an autoupdate if left configured to do so. If you...

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

Problem with SmtpMail with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server and Microsoft Windows XP Professional
have this problem when use the Imports System.Web.Mail  If CStr("Microsoft Windows XP Professional").Equals(Session("SO")) Then                     Dim objectEmail As New MailMessage()                                         objectEmail.From = from.text                  ...

Web resources about - Microsoft Releases Windows 10 IoT Core for the $35 Raspberry Pi - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message