Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp

Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem...

I am a tech writer (not a programmer).
We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word.
The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs.

So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010.
And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp.
That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file.

What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windows are wrong (huge windows to display a single What's This? sentence, etc.). And context-sensitive help is not working.

Thanks!!! -Dwayne
0
dwayne

> {quote:title=dwayne lusk wrote:}{quote}
> Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem...
>
> I am a tech writer (not a programmer).
> We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word.
> The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs.
>
> So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010.
> And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp.
> That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file.
>
> What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windows are wrong (huge windows to display a single What's This? sentence, etc.). And context-sensitive help is not working.
>
> Thanks!!! -Dwayne

try
http://www.helpscribble.com/
very good very cheap
regards
PW
0
Philippe

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

HELP>>HELP>>>
The server abended due to a room that was too hot, it corrupted GroupWise so now when it reboots it hangs. How do I restart the server and get it not to load the autoexec.ncf which contains GW? Your immediate assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Barbara barbara.roy@po.state.ct.us wrote: > The server abended due to a room that was too hot, it corrupted GroupWise > so now when it reboots it hangs. How do I restart the server and get it > not to load the autoexec.ncf which contains GW? Your immediate assistance > would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. B...

PHP -> JSON ->Zlib -> Delphi XE7 [win32 -> work | android -> No mapping ] [Edit]
Мy program for android should get data from the server as yson when to perform under vindovs works, and in android error, please help! PHP: {code} $err = array(); $data = array('id'=>1,'name'=>'test','info'=>'1234'); $inf = array('data' => $data ,'error' => $err); $json = json_encode($inf); $json = gzencode(trim(preg_replace('/\s+/',' ',$json )),9); header('Content-Encoding: gzip'); header("content-type: text/html; charset: UTF-8"); header("cache-control: must-revalidate&qu...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby So...

[...]

PHP -> JSON ->Zlib -> Delphi XE7 [win32 -> work | android -> No mapping ] [Edit] #2
[...]

Мy program for android should get data from the server as json when to perform under Win32 works, and in android error, please help! PHP: {code} $err = array(); $data = array('id'=>1,'name'=>'test','info'=>'1234'); $inf = array('data' => $data ,'error' => $err); $json = json_encode($inf); $json = gzencode(trim(preg_replace('/\s+/',' ',$json )),9); header('Content-Encoding: gzip'); header("content-type: text/html; charset: UTF-8"); header("cache-control: must-revalidate"...

Delphi 5 -> 2010, Component migration
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find it. I'm not sure if this is in the correct place, either. I have been using Delphi for years, and up until a few weeks ago was developing in Delphi 5. I wanted to move into the current version and now have Delphi 2010. One application that I have developed has components that I wrote. They work fine in Delphi 5 and honestly aren't that complex. I need to port them into Delphi 2010 but haven't been able to determine how to do this. I'm working my way through new component creation in 2010 v...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Web resources about - Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech