Installing a single source Delphi component into an existing Package

Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007?

In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007.

Thanks in advance,

Alan
0
Alan

> {quote:title=Alan Sawyer wrote:}{quote}
> Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007?
>
> In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007.

Pesky annoyance, isn't it?  Can someone with Delphi 2009 installed tell me whether it's finally added back in?

Anyway, Steve Trefethen wrote a blog with step-by-step instructions here:
http://www.stevetrefethen.com/blog/HowToInstallComponentsInTheDelphiIDE.aspx

Nick Hodges made a short video of it here:
http://bdntv.borland.com/pix/nickhodges/Camtasia/InstallComponent/InstallComponent.html

Rudy wrote an expert to do the job:
http://rvelthuis.de/programs/index.html

For the record, we had an extended discussion about this some time back:
http://tinyurl.com/48xc7a
or
http://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/browse_thread/thread/b5b4b7b387b76801/4e1db53be65a7cdd?lnk=st&q=#4e1db53be65a7cdd
--
Rick Carter
carterrk@despammed.com
Richard Carter wrote:
>> In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007.
>
> Pesky annoyance, isn't it?  Can someone with Delphi 2009 installed tell me whether it's finally added back in?

Nope, sorry.

--Rob.
0
Rob
9/24/2008 7:26:01 AM
Hello,

Alan Sawyer wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to do this in D2007?
> In D7, there is an option in Component called Install Component, but that doesn't exist in D2007.

Open the package (File -> Open Project...), go to the project manager,
right-click the project name (package name) and select "Add..."

HTH
Achim
0
Achim
9/24/2008 8:16:41 AM
Richard,
Thanks, I will give it a try.

Achim, I only have a .pas file, so I can't open the package, but I believe Richards links will help me out.

Thanks for the help,

Alan
0
Alan
9/24/2008 11:44:54 AM
Rob McDonell wrote:

> Nope, sorry.

CodeGear wants to force people to do it the way it should have been
from the beginning. ;-)

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen
0
Andreas

Installing Delphi Component Package
I have component package that is written in Delphi and for C++ Builder XE. The supplier provided install instructions, but it will not install. When I select Build/Install a file called "pasall.tmp" is created in one of the source folders. The IDE then reports this error, and opens the file in the IDE [DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This is the contents of the *.groupproj file that I am opening. Is there something wrong with it ? Ray. {code}  <Project xmlns="http://sc...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi 2009 : Component -> Install packages problem
Hello. I have 1 project (X.bpl) who contains components for design time. Each time I load delphi 2009, it says ("The application has failed to start because X.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem". If i check/uncheck the case : an error like "The specified module can not be found". However if I use "add" and put my package back with it, it works. Tried to check the default case. Nothing changed when I loaded the ide again. I tried to change paths and so on. But nothing made it work. What can I do to have my packages loading ...

Generate Delphi class/source-code/components from existing database?
I don't know if this is the correct category/forum for this question; if not, please indicate the correct forum. Maybe this is a stupid question; if so, then please excuse me. Is there a tool which can do the following: From an EXISTING database, create an essential/customized class/source-code/form with database components/tables etc. for Delphi to access and edit this database. The purpose for this would be to use the generated class/source-code/form with database components/tables etc. as a starting point for a more customized database application. >"Peter Panino" ...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Delphi Compatible Installation Component
I am looking for a "delphi compatible" installation component. This means one which I can compile in delphi and create an installation like "setup.exe" or "setup.msi" All systems I see, have their own scripting of use VB scripting or macros. What I need, is one that is completely compilable with in Delphi. Does anyone know of one? Robert wrote: > Does anyone know of one? I have never seen any third-party installation tool that allows you to create install scripts from within Delphi itself. They are always used externally. Creating an i...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi market non-existent?
It appears the development contracting market for Delphi has dried up. Is anyone finding contracts? Not employment, contract work. > {quote:title=Rich _ wrote:}{quote} > It appears the development contracting market for Delphi has dried up. Where? > Is anyone finding contracts? Not employment, contract work. Yes -- Regards Bruce McGee Glooscap Software > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote} > > Where? The US. > > Yes BTW, are you keeping more than 2 people employed full-time? > {quote:title=Rich _ wrote:}{quote} > The US....

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Turbo Delphi and installing components...
I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! DH > {quote:title=David HAROUCHE wrote:}{quote} > I just donwload the free veriosn of Turbo Delphi, and when I try to install > my packages (tested with D6), it says I have no licence for that ! > > DH You can't install custom components into the IDE in the free version of Turbo Delphi. That's one of the major factors that differ it to Turbo Delphi Professional. You can create components dynamically however. &...

Web resources about - Installing a single source Delphi component into an existing Package - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper