Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?

I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
0
Phillip

Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro.

Mike

> {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote}
> I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
0
Michael
10/14/2012 6:18:06 PM
An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!
--
~_~
Mark Jacobs

<Phillip Woon> wrote in message news:514090@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
0
Mark
10/15/2012 9:43:42 AM
Phillip,

> I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I
> buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will
> VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?

Yes. the Pro installer will simply install the extra Pro features and
the extra languages into the existing IDE (it's all the same "shell",
really).
0
marc
10/15/2012 10:12:27 AM
On 2012-10-15 09:43:42 +0000, Mark Jacobs said:

> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!

Sure does. i've been running Windows 8 and and VS2012 as my main
development VM for all of this year.
0
marc
10/15/2012 10:13:17 AM
Thank you. Good to know!

> {quote:title=marc hoffman wrote:}{quote}
> Phillip,
>
> > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I
> > buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will
> > VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
>
> Yes. the Pro installer will simply install the extra Pro features and
> the extra languages into the existing IDE (it's all the same "shell",
> really).
0
Michael
10/15/2012 10:42:18 AM
On 2012-10-15 05:43:42 -0400, Mark Jacobs <markj@critical.co.uk> said:

> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!

Ummm.  Wrong.

--
Kevin Powick
0

> {quote:title=Mark Jacobs wrote:}{quote}
> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!
> --
> ~_~
> Mark Jacobs
>
> <Phillip Woon> wrote in message news:514090@forums.embarcadero.com...
> >I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
0
Michael
10/15/2012 1:50:40 PM
"Mark Jacobs" wrote:
> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!

Say What!
0
John

I read that in a comment at theregister.co.uk - oh well, can't believe everything you read! Regards,
--
~_~
Mark Jacobs
"Mark Jacobs" wrote:
>>> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!
>>
>> Sure does. i've been running Windows 8 and and VS2012 as my main
>> development VM for all of this year.
>
> I read that in a comment at theregister.co.uk - oh well, can't believe
> everything you read! Regards,

Wasn't that the same place where I read that Delphi is dead...
0
John
10/16/2012 3:55:16 PM
> {quote:title=marc hoffman wrote:}{quote}
> Phillip,
>
> > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here.  If I
> > buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will
> > VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro?
>
> Yes. the Pro installer will simply install the extra Pro features and
> the extra languages into the existing IDE (it's all the same "shell",
> really).

Thanks Marc,
    I've confirmed that this actually happens.
0
Phillip
10/17/2012 2:20:55 AM
On 2012-10-16 14:17:25 +0000, Mark Jacobs said:

> "marc hoffman" <mh@spamobjects.com> wrote in message
>> On 2012-10-15 09:43:42 +0000, Mark Jacobs said:
>>> An interesting aside : Windows 8 currently does not support VS2012 !!!!
>>
>> Sure does. i've been running Windows 8 and and VS2012 as my main
>> development VM for all of this year.
>
> I read that in a comment at theregister.co.uk - oh well, can't believe
> everything you read! Regards,

*especially* not if you read it at ElReg ;)
0
marc
10/17/2012 11:27:22 AM
Am 15.10.2012 15:50, schrieb Michael Thuma:
> Indeed. Windows 8 is an illusion drawn by Microsoft's advertising department... in order to break Ubuntu's dominance in the area of desktop computing...

Which is an illusion by itsself... ;-)

Greetings

Markus
0