Indy support and Delphi

Hi all,
I've been off the support site for nearly a year since the move to
Embarcadero. Does anyone know where to get help with an Indy/Delphi 5 issue
? I was ready to pay the Indy team to help but they have shut down support
... wont even do it for money.
I have an issue with the POP3 server that is showing up and need some short
technical advise.

TIA,
Del
0
Delbert

Delbert Murray schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I've been off the support site for nearly a year since the move to
> Embarcadero. Does anyone know where to get help with an Indy/Delphi 5 issue
> ? I was ready to pay the Indy team to help but they have shut down support
> .. wont even do it for money.
> I have an issue with the POP3 server that is showing up and need some short
> technical advise.

Try to contact Remy. He can help always you. He is the most active
person here in the forum and also the most active Indy developer.

--
Roman
0

Try www.indyproject.org, then indy sockets, click support

> ? I was ready to pay the Indy team to help but they have shut down support

That wasn't the Indy Team. That was Atozed offering paid support. Many
of the Indy Team members worked for Atozed.
0
Chad
6/5/2009 10:51:28 AM
"Delbert Murray" <Del.Murray@CreditHawk.Net> wrote in message

> Does anyone know where to get help with an Indy/Delphi 5 issue ?

Indy-related questions can be asked in Embarcadero's WinSock
newsgroups/forums, in Indy's newsgroups (news://news.atozed.com), or in
AToZed's web forums (http://forums2.atozed.com);

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

[Join Indy Public Chat|skype:?chat&blob=4OpdqwtzW9q7SlGA4ZeNILUAxseYmGnQqegZ0MeK6fPpVBNK_NPt1MAUyuMYfgLsONQ1gdzKrs7DKRFcOZKjknywwA]

Source: [http://blog.digivendo.com/2009/06/new-indy-public-chat/|http://blog.digivendo.com/2009/06/new-indy-public-chat/]
0
Stuart
6/5/2009 7:39:18 PM
I really miss the Indy 9 days. I have started to use Indy 10 and I have been very frustrated with the lack of information and examples.
0
Chad
6/7/2009 12:03:02 AM
Chad Wagner wrote:
> I really miss the Indy 9 days. I have started to use Indy 10 and I
> have been very frustrated with the lack of information and examples.

And I miss the Delphi 7 days. Before Kylix, Delphi 8, Delphi for .NET
etc. :)

Finally from 2009 we get stability again. CG can drop the past, that is
they only have to support is 2009, while Indy has to still deal with all
the versions since....
0
Chad
6/7/2009 5:50:42 AM
Chad Hower wrote:

> Chad Wagner wrote:
> > I really miss the Indy 9 days. I have started to use Indy 10 and I
> > have been very frustrated with the lack of information and examples.
>
> And I miss the Delphi 7 days. Before Kylix, Delphi 8, Delphi for .NET
> etc. :)

IIRC, Kylix was in the pre-D6 days and both D6 and Kylix had
CLX-libraries. IOW, D7 was not before Kylix.

"Room service? Send up a larger room."
 -- Groucho Marx
0
Rudy
6/7/2009 8:46:18 AM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> IIRC, Kylix was in the pre-D6 days and both D6 and Kylix had
> CLX-libraries. IOW, D7 was not before Kylix.

Correct. Then D5. :)
0
Chad

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

Indy 10 Delphi 5 support broken (SMTP and SSL)?
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_5f0e5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Simple test program for SMTP and gmail test, see embarcadero.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general group. ain --JivePart=_5f0e5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="smtpTest.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smtpTest.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAMN8Jz+JAV9RhgAAALwAA...

Indy 10 Delphi 5 support broken (SMTP and SSL)?
Hi, I need to update an Delphi 5 program to send e-mails via gmail's SMTP interface. So installed few days old Indy 10 snapshot (from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/ filename was Indy10_4675.zip). I also downloaded OpenSSL DLLs from there (http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/openssl-1.0.0d-i386-win32-rev2.zip). But the program dissapears when trying to send mail. There is no error message, it is just gone, probably stack overflow... So I created simple test program and the same thing happens with it. However, when compiling the test program with Delphi 2010 it works OK! So it looks like t...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - Indy support and Delphi - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Legged Squad Support System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Legged Squad Support System ( LS3 ) is a DARPA project for a legged robot which could function autonomously as a packhorse for a squad of ...

Support a GST increase? Think about the children first
Increasing the GST is widely presented as the logical, perhaps the only, solution to Australia's revenue shortfall, but it is a deeply flawed ...

Internet.org Free Basics Has Support in India
A survey of more than 3,000 people in India found that 86 percent of respondents supported Internet.org’s Free Basics offerings, while 80 percent ...

VLC for iOS now supports Touch ID, Spotlight, iPad multitasking and more
... results only for files that youve previously played in VLC, not for all files that are in the app. The new version of VLC also boasts support ...

Rootkit detector SanityCheck adds Windows 10 support
... need some extra help in detecting stealthy malware, don’t give up Resplendence Software’s SanityCheck is still alive, and last week added support ...

Ready to support all those new gadgets?
This VIP user likes to order products he never finds time to learn to use, says an IT pilot fish who has to provide support for him. "One day ...

Lunch lady who gave hungry kid lunch gets all kinds of support (+video)
Idaho cafeteria worker Dalene Bowden lost her job after allowing a 12-year-old student who didn't have any money take a hot lunch, sparking an ...

NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control
NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Leans on Husband Ben for Support During Difficult Labor See the Clip
Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Leans on Husband Ben for Support During Difficult Labor See the Clip

Nvidia fixes G-Sync refresh rate bug, adds VR SLI support to OpenGL
Nvidia launched its updated 361.43 drivers yesterday, with a bug fix for high-refresh rate monitors and new VR support for SLI in OpenGL.