I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
0
Ivan
12/29/2011 5:20:55 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5933 articles. 1 followers. Follow

25 Replies
1875 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

"I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus.  Can I still be arrested?"

Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime?
0
David
12/29/2011 5:37:30 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products?
0
Ivan
12/29/2011 5:46:15 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> 
> Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products?

What does the license agreement say? 

(I don't think I've ever seen a license agreement that has amnesty clauses written into it.)

Why do you think you violated the license?  Were you caught?  Do you WANT to be caught?  Do you WANT to be sued?
0
David
12/29/2011 6:05:00 PM
Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance
0
Ivan
12/29/2011 6:22:34 PM
Am 29.12.2011 19:22, schrieb Ivan Ivanov:
> Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance

I guess nobody can prove you've initially developped the application 
with a cracked D7 licence now that you own a valid licence and 
recompiled. Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software 
which were completely done with your cracked version?

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
12/29/2011 7:09:01 PM
On 29/12/2011 17:20, Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

So, you used a pirated copy of Delphi.
Do you really want any sympathy/help here?
No, is the answer.

Stewart
0
Stewart
12/29/2011 7:34:39 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

If you sold the source code just say you wrote it in Notepad.
0
smelly
12/29/2011 11:30:03 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 29 Dec  
2011 23:09:01 +0400:

>  Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software
> which were completely done with your cracked version?

Good question.

"I sold it, after i bought delphi 7" may be interpreted both ways

Correct native-English interpretation would probably mean "i bought Delphi  
and after that i sold the application"
But if to start from Russian and take into acocunt poor English of topic  
starter, that may easily mean "i sold application. After that i've been  
able to purchase Delphi"


And really that is relatively reasonable way of bootstrapping.
In Russia $800 is a heavy sum to be spent on one-time hobby, when $500 may  
be quite fair monthly income.
And before application got really sold and brought money he could not know  
would it turn out being a hobby or a business.

And yes, he just confessed the crime. Every attempt to legalize IS a  
confession, and he made it.
Would he better keep it hidden ?

Please, make a distinction between denouncing his prior actions of piracy  
and denouncing his current will to openly admit it and get legal.
You're disgusted by former, but you express your reprimand against latter.
-- 
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/30/2011 11:36:24 AM
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

Don't mention it here in the forum. Call David I and tell him that you 
are a poor sinner.

-- 
Roman
0
Roman
12/30/2011 12:11:14 PM
Am 30.12.2011 12:36, schrieb Dmitry Burov:
> Markus Humm<markus.humm@freenet.de>  писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 29 Dec
> 2011 23:09:01 +0400:
>
>>   Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software
>> which were completely done with your cracked version?
>
> Good question.
>
> "I sold it, after i bought delphi 7" may be interpreted both ways
>
> Correct native-English interpretation would probably mean "i bought Delphi
> and after that i sold the application"
> But if to start from Russian and take into acocunt poor English of topic
> starter, that may easily mean "i sold application. After that i've been
> able to purchase Delphi"
>
>
> And really that is relatively reasonable way of bootstrapping.
> In Russia $800 is a heavy sum to be spent on one-time hobby, when $500 may
> be quite fair monthly income.
> And before application got really sold and brought money he could not know
> would it turn out being a hobby or a business.
>
> And yes, he just confessed the crime. Every attempt to legalize IS a
> confession, and he made it.
> Would he better keep it hidden ?
>
> Please, make a distinction between denouncing his prior actions of piracy
> and denouncing his current will to openly admit it and get legal.
> You're disgusted by former, but you express your reprimand against latter.

Hello,

I just wanted him to clarify things a bit and to point out that I do not 
see the crime that serious when he should have sold the application 
after buying a valid D7 licence and recompiling (his post indicates that 
possibility, but we're not 100% sure of that).

It's a good thing that he could buy D7 now.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
12/30/2011 3:03:42 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
0
phil
12/30/2011 3:06:08 PM
> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
> Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"

D7 comes with DXE
0
smelly
12/30/2011 3:20:37 PM
Am 30.12.2011 16:20, schrieb smelly jelly:
>> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
>>> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
>>> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
>> Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
>
> D7 comes with DXE

Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
12/30/2011 5:43:50 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 30 Dec  
2011 21:43:50 +0400:

>> D7 comes with DXE
>
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.

second-hand maybe ?

-- 
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/30/2011 9:13:14 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 30 Dec  
2011 21:43:50 +0400:

>> D7 comes with DXE
>
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.

second-hand maybe ?

-- 
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/30/2011 9:13:15 PM
Markus Humm wrote:

> Am 30.12.2011 16:20, schrieb smelly jelly:
> >> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
> >>> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> >>> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it,
> after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my
> application legal or?  >> Yes your application is legal. But, what
> you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely
> other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is
> more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also
> "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
> > 
> > D7 comes with DXE
> 
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.

You can still buy D7s, juts not from the usual vendors. They are not
necessarily illegal, just perhaps bought - in numbers - from vendors
that don't want to sell it anymore.
-- 
Rudy Velthuis

"There are some experiences in life which should not be demanded 
 twice from any man, and one of them is listening to the Brahms 
 Requiem."
 -- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
0
Rudy
12/30/2011 9:53:09 PM
Rudy Velthuis <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> писал(а) в своём письме Sat, 31  
Dec 2011 01:53:09 +0400:

> You can still buy D7s, juts not from the usual vendors. They are not
> necessarily illegal, just perhaps bought - in numbers - from vendors
> that don't want to sell it anymore.

i looked russian sites, they all offer D7 electronic license on two  
conditions:
1) it should be bundled with D7 media kit
2) it is requested from Emb after money transferred
So those routes would probably anyway make you purchase XE2 license  
instead.

I don't know if box versions of D7 existed and sold in Russia 10 years  
ago, but for now there seems not be any box D7 left in stores.

So i think rather he got it as downgrade from more modern IDE (but why  
then?), or most probably he got 2nd hand D7.

-- 
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/31/2011 9:50:46 AM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?

Why would the application you developed be illegal? Your USE of a cracked Delphi was illegal but the product has nothing to do with it (AFAIK).
Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.
0
Alexandru
12/31/2011 5:23:42 PM
MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't know if it's true.

> Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.
:)

Mike


> {quote:title=Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
> 
> Why would the application you developed be illegal? Your USE of a cracked Delphi was illegal but the product has nothing to do with it (AFAIK).
> Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
12/31/2011 8:44:20 PM
On 31.12.2011 22:44, Michael Thuma wrote:
> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't know if it's true.
>

Distinguishing between SKUs is one thing, between a cracked compiler and 
not is another. 99% certainty that there's gonna be no difference.
0
Alexandru
1/1/2012 3:06:32 PM
Alexandru Ciobanu <alex@ciobanu.org> писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 01 Jan  
2012 19:06:32 +0400:

>> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was  
>> implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to  
>> distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't  
>> know if it's true.
>>
>
> Distinguishing between SKUs is one thing, between a cracked compiler and
> not is another. 99% certainty that there's gonna be no difference.

Who knows... there seems to be watermark, dependent upon license number

http://blog.onkeysoft.com/tag/dvclal/

-- 
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
1/1/2012 6:33:55 PM
Michael Thuma wrote:

> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was
> implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to
> distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't
> know if it's true.

I'd bet Embarcadero can do the same.

-- 
Rudy Velthuis

"When you meet a worthy person, focus on reaching his level.
 When you meet an unworthy person, take a good look inside
 yourself."
 -- Confucius
0
Rudy
1/1/2012 9:13:12 PM
Ivan,

You've sinned, confessed, and done reparation for your sins (bought D7).

What's the problem ???  Get on with life.

Embarcadero are not going to sue you or send the heavy gang to rough you over !!!!

Hope your product is successful.

JF

<Ivan Ivanov> escribió en el mensaje news:431767@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled 
>application, is now my application legal or?
0
Jim
1/1/2012 10:30:10 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Burov wrote:}{quote}
> Who knows... there seems to be watermark, dependent upon license number
> 
> http://blog.onkeysoft.com/tag/dvclal/

SKU information is in the executable (Personel/Professional/Enterprise), but not license details.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
Glooscap Software
0
Bruce
1/2/2012 2:18:05 AM
Yes.
0
Michael
1/2/2012 9:56:11 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010
I had a project in Delphi 7. I worked on it in Delphi 2010. When I try to open the .dpr again in Delphi 7, the IDE toolbar widens across both monitors, and Delphi 7 locks up. It appears that Delphi 2010 modifies the .dpr in a way that makes Delphi 7 unable to open it again. All my forms & units appear to open fine in D7 after D2010, except for the warnings on the ExplicitHeight and ExplicitWidth properties being missing... I can easily recreate the .dpr, but is this expected behavior? Thanks. Tom Field wrote: > I had a project in Delphi 7. > > I worked o...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
Have been using Delphi 7 for many moons ( have got later versions but never upgraded to ) My first problem is: Component Palette. in XE it is a small toolbar docked in top right in Delphi 7 it gives a large view of all the components. I am struggling to be able to cope/access my components.in Delphi XE. Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as Delphi 7, or is there a fast way to view/choose all available components in XE, that I have not spotted yet? Kind Regards, Robert. Hi, What I know is that in Delphi 2010 and XE you can choose between t...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7
I've written a class in Delphi 2007 that is not supported in Delphi 7. What would be the best way to achive what I've done in Delphi 2007 in Delphi 7? Thanks, Tom type BondConstants = class { Bond Types } type BondType = record const TREASURY = 3; AGENCY = 0; CORP = 1; MUNI = 2; SBA = 5; MBS = 4; CMO = 6; end; { Day Count Methods } type DayCount = record const ACTUAL_360 = 2; ACTUAL_365 = 1; ACTUAL_ACTUAL = 1; d30_360 = 0; ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but...

Using Delphi 7 in Windows 7
I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I have Delphi 7 working to some extent - it will open my projects and display my units and allow me to edit the code then compiles the *.exe file - BUT it will not display my forms. View/Forms - shows the list of forms and will open the associated unit but neither this nor F12 will display the form itself. Consequently I am unable to edit the form itself or its properties. Any ideas about what might be preventing these from displaying? > {quote:title=Ian BASIRE wrote:}{quote} > I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I h...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010
We did not know which forum was the best for this question. We have been wanting to migrate from Delphi 7 to a later version for years but it appears to be a daunting task. We first looked at D2006 and that was a radical new world. We bought D2010 a couple of years ago and not done much with it because there are so many parts to our applications. We have done a few new applications in D2010 and they seem to work okay. D2010 has not been impressive, perhaps because of the strangeness compared to D7. Is is possible for us to do a phased sort of migration where we do a form at a time? ...

Is it posible to configure Delphi XE3 IDE to use Delphi 7 compiler/debuger
Hi! Like many other developer out there I have several project which has been developed with older version of Delphi (Delphi 7). Since theese projects rely on some components which are not compatible with newer versions of Delphi (no newer versions available) I'm forced to do any maintnance on theese projects using Delphi 7. Another solution would be to find replacment components which would provide me with same capabilities and work with latest versions of Delphi. But this would probbably require compleete rewritings of my projects (lots and lots of work). So currently I'm using...

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion
Hello group, What do I need to do to comile the following code in D2009. Compiler error after the Else E2010: Incompatible Types 'AnsiChar' and 'Char' if isUnicode then SearchHandle := FindFirstFilew( PWideChar( fn ), FindDataW ) else SearchHandle := FindFirstFile( PAnsiChar( Ansistring( fn ) ), FindDataA ); <<<<<compiler error in the above line >>>>>>>>>>> Regards, Bryan > What do I need to do to comile the following code in D2009. > Compiler error after the Else > E2010: Incompati...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3
Hello, Its time to leave the old Delphi 7 and move to the new (but not the latest) XE3. I was wondering if there is a good book or reference to learn all new things XE3 added. Any suggestions? On 5/3/2013 10:17 PM, George Karatsiolis wrote: > Hello, Its time to leave the old Delphi 7 and move to the new (but not the latest) XE3. > I was wondering if there is a good book or reference to learn all new things XE3 added. Try this one for starters: http://tinyurl.com/cgsu243 Aside from that you really need to evaluate your application. XE3 is Unicode for example.... So her...

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7
I read somewhere that it is possible to use Delphi 2007's (or for that matter Delphi 2006's) RTL in Delphi 7 by just recompiling the source of RTL. Is this really possible? What are the benefits that we can derive using a higher version's RTL? TIA Yogi Yang Yogi Yang wrote: > I read somewhere that it is possible to use Delphi 2007's (or for > that matter Delphi 2006's) RTL in Delphi 7 by just recompiling the > source of RTL. If it actually compiles in Delphi 7, I guess it would be possible. OTOH, if one has Delphi 2007 already, I don't s...

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Web resources about - I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7 - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Application - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

AVO application against Labor's Jamie Clements withdrawn
An application for an apprehended violence order against Labor powerbroker Jamie Clements - based on allegations he tried to kiss a female staffer ...

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

Seagate Introduces First 8 TB Hard Disk Drive for Consumer NAS Applications
Seagate Technology on Tuesday introduced its new breed of hard disk drives (HDDs) for network area storage (NAS) and RAID applications. The new ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 17% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Fall in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 9.0 percent ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

SURPRISE! Mizzou Sees Application Drop After Days Of Protests, Illusory Klan Hoods, Poop Swastika
SURPRISE! Mizzou Sees Application Drop After Days Of Protests, Illusory Klan Hoods, Poop Swastika

Himax shipping LCOS microdisplays and WLO products for AR applications
... mass shipments of its liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) microdisplays and wafer-level optics (WLO) products for augmented reality (AR) applications. ...

Resources last updated: 1/24/2016 12:59:17 AM