FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro

Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful
functionality ?  Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an
alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are
installed on the same PC.

Pete K
0
Peter

FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows.
0
Eli
3/29/2014 1:33:55 PM
Peter Kane wrote:

> Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any
> useful functionality ?  Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer
> an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they
> are installed on the same PC.
>
> Pete K

You are correct. In the Pro Edition of Delphi XE5, FireDac will connect
to local database servers (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Firebird etc)
only. If you want to connect to remote servers (ie on a another
machine) then you need to upgrade to the Enterprise Edition of XE5.

--
Steve Faleiro
0
Steve Faleiro wrote:

> Peter Kane wrote:
>
> > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any
> > useful functionality ?  Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer
> > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when
> > they are installed on the same PC.
> >
> > Pete K
>
> You are correct. In the Pro Edition of Delphi XE5, FireDac will
> connect to local database servers (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle,
> Firebird etc) only. If you want to connect to remote servers (ie on a
> another machine) then you need to upgrade to the Enterprise Edition
> of XE5.

...or use another 3rd-party database access component. Devart's UniDAC
Professional offers very good value.

--
Steve Faleiro
0
Steve Faleiro wrote:

> Steve Faleiro wrote:

5.

> ..or use another 3rd-party database access component. Devart's UniDAC
> Professional offers very good value.

Thanks for the clarification; I'll take a look at UniDac
PeteK
0
Peter
3/29/2014 4:34:13 PM
Eli M wrote:

> FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows.

Ta !
0
Peter
3/29/2014 4:34:35 PM
> {quote:title=Peter Kane wrote:}{quote}
> Steve Faleiro wrote:
>
> > Steve Faleiro wrote:
> >
> 5.
> >
> > ..or use another 3rd-party database access component. Devart's UniDAC
> > Professional offers very good value.
>
> Thanks for the clarification; I'll take a look at UniDac
> PeteK

I am using UniDAC and FIBPlus at my work. Some time ago I've made performance tests in regards to select 100K records with a lot of data and FIBPlus was the fastest, then came FireDac and the last one was UniDAC.
But I am happy with all three component versions.
0
Dimitrij
3/31/2014 2:37:59 PM
>..or use another 3rd-party database access component. Devart's UniDAC
>Professional offers very good value.

I'm on UniDAC since several years. Works perfect with Delphi
Professional and different databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySql,
PostgreSql and Firebird).

cu Christian
0
Christian
3/31/2014 7:50:05 PM
Christian Kaufmann wrote:

> > ..or use another 3rd-party database access component. Devart's
> > UniDAC Professional offers very good value.
>
> I'm on UniDAC since several years. Works perfect with Delphi
> Professional and different databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySql,
> PostgreSql and Firebird).
>
> cu Christian

Thanks. Its always usefule to get such feedback.
0
Peter

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Web resources about - FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables