fiGlobally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) [Edit]

hello
How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app
My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever
but I could be wrong
 firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users
thank you
PW

Edited by: Philippe Watel on Jun 7, 2014 3:11 PM
1
Philippe
6/7/2014 12:12:19 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5934 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Philippe Watel wrote:

> googled forever but I could be wrong

If you google a bit more, you may even find the firemonkey group.

This is for non-technical questions.
1
Uffe

Globally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time)
hello How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever but I could be wrong firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users thank you PW > {quote:title=Philippe Watel wrote:}{quote} > hello > How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app > My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever > but I cou...

Changing a Label's Font Style at run time [Edit]
IW14.0.22Ultimate. DelphiXE4. TIWLabel.OnMouseOver I'd like change the Font.Style to fsunderline. It appears compiler does not like any changes to font style beyond those established at design time. Is there a unit that I'm not including, or if not, does anyone know of any run-time work-arounds short of writing a css or adding the styles to an existing one? Thinking I might outsmart any style sheet or css I set the style as underline at design-time (component and region) so I could clear the style at MouseOver (which works) and then get it back on OnMouseOut, but it didn't...

changing font at run time
hello, I need to change the font type and size of reports depending on the user input. I need some suggestions....Now i am trying as follows. i am using datawindowobject.modify("objectname.font.height=xx") this is working.. to get all available objects in a datawindow ... Using describe(datawindow.objects) i got all objects in a string.. Is there any way to get the number of objects and get the name one by one ..(so that i can put in a loop and change it) any other suggestions also welcome thanks bal A function we had since 3.0. Just import it. (...

How to change the size of the drop down at run time
Hi  I've placed several drop down lists in the Item Template of Grid View. I've been able to populate info into those drop down, however i had to restrict the size due to many controls in a single grid view. I need to do the following: 1) when the mouse is placed over an item in the drop down, the text has to be displayed as a Tool tip 2) otherwise i want to know how to increase the size of the drop down on the basis of the longest item in the lists. Thanks in advance.  Regards Nishant I don't think there's any elegant way to do this. The first thi...

How to change the font in menus at run time?
Hi, How to change the popup or MDI menu item's font at run time in PB, So that the multilanguage feature can be achieved. TIA AFAIK, it can't be done solely within your app. There's a registry setting for it, but it uses a long binary value to specify the font and size. And changing that value will affect EVERY menu on your system. Plus, you have to find a way to get Windows to refresh the display before the change will take effect. If you really want to go through all of that, let me know and I'll find the registry key for you. "Ewak" <...

How to change FireMonkey Grid Font Size
*Hi;* I am gokhan from turkey.Because I newly using Rad studio platform , i completely have not adapted. In fact I have studied Delphi Platform (VCL) for 7 years , so I familiar to VCL platform. I working on a project which is simple. I really tried that *change Font Size , Style (etc) of grid , combobox* , but have not coped with it. Well Is there solution without Style Manager?? *Thanks.* Hello, here u find something about change Font, style... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12454765/how-to-change-font-size-at-stringgrid-in-fm2 Greetings Matthias > {quote:title=g...

Change edit style at run time
Hi, Is it possible to change the edit systle of a column at run time based on a condition, like edit to editmask at runtime? Thanks You could place two copies of the column on the datawindow in the same exact place, one as editmask and one as edit. Then put an expression on the visible property of both of them such that only one is visible at a time. A good way to do this is to have a hard coded value in your SQL statement then use SetItem in a script to change the value. The visible expressions would key off the value of this column. <Satish> wrote in message news...

How to change the font in menus at run time?
Hi, How to change the popup or MDI menu item's font at run time in PB, So that the multilanguage feature can be achieved. TIA Sorry for wrong posting ...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

Change the edit style of column at run-time!!!
Just set the properties of the new edit style. For instance to change to a checkbox, then something like dw_1.Modify("colname.CheckBox.3D=Yes colname.CheckBox.Off='N' colname.Checkbox.On='Y' colname.CheckBox.Text='Your text goes here' ") HTH Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Savvoulidis Iordanis" <mail@2tee-loutr.kor.sch.gr> wrote in message news:JFx7ivM0BHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

How to change the tool tip font at run time?
Hi, I want to change the tooltip's font at run time based on the user login and display the tooltip text from the tag property. ie., When a user logged in, the tool tip text will be read from .ini file (Seperate .ini file will be maintained for each language.) based on the user's language and set the tool tip text in the tag property which is displayed as tool tip text. I used the API Calls to display the tool tip. But how to change the tooltip font at run time. TIA The font is stored in the registry as some magical binary value. You'll have to use API c...

Changing the font size and color of a Combobox [Edit]
I want to be able to change the font size and font color of a combobox at design time. No matter what I do, nothing works. Is this even possible without writing code? I would really appreciate help with the specific problem, but I'm also open to some good resources for learning to use Firemonkey styles. Thank You Edited by: Joey Hickey on May 6, 2013 12:47 PM Edited by: Joey Hickey on May 6, 2013 12:59 PM > {quote:title=Joey Hickey wrote:}{quote} > I want to be able to change the font size and font color of a combobox at design time. > > No matter what I do...

Changing font size of FireMonkey TStringGrid
I have a tStringGrid displayed on sample IOS app using XE4 but cannot find anyway to change the font size which is tiny by default and just about unreadable. Anyone know how this font size, type etc can be set? The tStringGrid control is really unusable unless it can be changed. Thanks > {quote:title=Matthew Shallvey wrote:}{quote} > I have a tStringGrid displayed on sample IOS app using XE4 but cannot find anyway to change the font size which is tiny by default and just about unreadable. Join the queue. My preferred method would be to create a custom style for TTextCell, ...

Changing style properties at run-time [Edit]
I'm playing around with a FMX app for the first time, and I'm trying to do something really simple: {code} panel1.Color := clBlue; {code} After searching around using Google, on the discussion boards here, and elsewhere, all I've found is how to create a new style for every freaking possible combination of styles that you'd ever want and switch between them at run-time, and a tutorial on how to build a parser that searches through .style files and uses RTTI to use dynamic casting to look-up and change property values at run-time. Can somebody please show me a simpl...

Web resources about - fiGlobally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech