Downgrading from RAD studio 2007 Architect to RAD studio 2009 Enterprise/Professional

My Indian reseller has informed me that  downgrading (upgrading) from
higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009
Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed
Can some one confirm this, since i remember of seeing a post contrary to
this
Venkatesh
(my name does not show up correctly in the newsgroup)
0
thomas

Hi Venkatesh,

> My Indian reseller has informed me that  downgrading (upgrading) from
> higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009
> Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed

Of course this is allowed. You can upgrade from any commercial version
of Delphi to any version of Delphi. From 2007 Architect or Delphi 1
Desktop, that's no problem, you can go to RAD Studio 2009 Enterprise or
Professional.

It's a bit different when your subscription (SA) comes in play: this
takes some time to work out with Embarcadero, but this is also possible
to downgrade (at the time of renewal) from Architect to Enterprise or
Professional.

I would say "contact your local reseller for more information", but it
seems your reseller is telling a different story. I'm a reseller for the
BeNeLux area (hope to be able to expand to the rest of the world
sometime in the future), and this is what know to be the facts...

> Venkatesh

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
3/6/2009 8:58:07 AM
My reseller gave me the option of downgrading to Enterprise.

Make sure you ask how much it would be if you wanted to upgrade back to Architect though. I decided to stay at Architect for one more year despite the loss of ECO from the deal. I'm hopeful CodeGear will add more to the Architect SKU over the next year. As it stands right now I don't think it's especially good value, I'm yet to be convinced that the bundled ER Studio is a worthy replacement for ECO.

Lachlan
0
Lachlan
3/6/2009 9:41:34 AM
Bob Swart wrote:

> I would say "contact your local reseller for more information", but it
> seems your reseller is telling a different story. I'm a reseller for the
> BeNeLux area (hope to be able to expand to the rest of the world
> sometime in the future), and this is what know to be the facts...
>
>> Venkatesh
>
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart

Bob
Thanks for the clarification.I thought the same.
The main issue is 'The resellers in India sucks'.
I would love to buy it from you rather than a reseller who has no love
for the product
Frankly i lost interest in Architect when ECO was removed from it.

Venky
0
thomas
3/6/2009 11:14:42 AM
thomas hamburger wrote:

>My Indian reseller has informed me that  downgrading (upgrading) from
>higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009
>Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed
>Can some one confirm this, since i remember of seeing a post contrary to
>this

You can't do an in-place install change of the same release, so maybe
they're confused.  For example, you can't install Delphi 7 Enterprise over
Delphi 7 Standard.  Change the # or Edition as appropriate.

It's also probably more work for them as a reseller than simply checking
the default "renew at same level" box. :-(

Once again the reseller only policy working against customer satisfaction.

--

-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'
thomas hamburger wrote:

> My Indian reseller has informed me that  downgrading (upgrading) from
> higher (RAD studio 2007 Architect) to lower version (RAD studio 2009
> Enterprise/Professional)is not allowed
> Can some one confirm this, since i remember of seeing a post contrary
> to this
> Venkatesh
> (my name does not show up correctly in the newsgroup)

It is allowed --- please send me an email at
nick.hodges@embarcadero.com and I'll get it sorted out.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero

Delphi 2007 and RAD Studio 2009 Enterprise on the same PC.
I bought Rad Sutudio Enterprise 2009 and run the installation on a PC that already has Delphi 2007 installed. After the installation finished and reboot the PC, when I opened Rad Studio or Delphi 2009 I received errors that the environment can not load the Dbexpress.bpl and other .bpl files. It suggested to reinstall. I tried to repair the installation with no success. Is there a coexistance issue between Delphi 2007 and Rad Studio? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Thanks for any comments or suggestion. Enrique > {quote:title=Enrique Lopez Ambia wrote:}{quote} &...

Can not install RAD studio 2010 after having RAD studio 2009
I had RAD Studio 2009 installed and unsuccesfully uninstalled it with an error message 2343. I then removed it with Windows cleanup tool and removed all references in registry as well as all files on hard disk including the once in SysWOW64. When trying to install Rad Studio 2010 I still get the message "For RAD Studio 2010 to co-exist with the version you are trying to install ......:". I can not find any trace on my computer of 2009 version so I'm at a dead end. How can I either force the installation or where does the install file look to lead it to belive I have 2009 insta...

Delphi 2009 Architect edition in CodeGear RAD Studio 2009
Does with downlading and istaling CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 Trial I install and Delphi 2009 Architect edition?If not ,what I install? ...

DLLs in RAD Studio XE vs RAD Studio 2007
We have a simple non-VCL DLL that we have used for a long time in RAD Studio 2007 projects. We have recreated it (from scratch) as an XE DLL project. Compiles just fine, creates the DLL and lib as before, but won't link to our XE app. The only difference between the two is that the 2007 function take a char* arg, and the XE function takes a wchar_t*. XE gives us an "unresolved external" when trying to link that function. The DLL lib is clearly in the path. We are wondering if XE has changed the DLL process since 2007 ? Appreciate any help thanks Kevin Ke...

Delphi XE2 Professional install has broken RAD Studio 2009
I've just installed Delphi XE2 Professional and now I can't run RAD Studio 2009. I get the following message every time I try to start RAD Studio ... Attempted registration of assembly "Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.dll" failed. (RegAsm.exe error Code: 100) RegAsm : error RA0000 : An error occurred while .... I'm very much hoping I don't have to reinstall RAD Studio. Appreciate any help. Hi Angus, > I've just installed Delphi XE2 Professional and now I can't run RAD > Studio 2009. I get the following message every time I try to start RAD...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer?
How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way Le 21/09/2010, Eko Indriyawan a supposé : > How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? install D2010 first and DXE next and everything should be fine. - Florent Hi Florent, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me try to follow it. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be ...

Rad Studio 2009 Professional and dbGO
Is dbGO still part of RAD Studio 2009? I use ADO in my coding and would not want to lose that. Thanks John John Friel III wrote: > Is dbGO still part of RAD Studio 2009? Yes. -- Nick Hodges Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges ...

RAD Studio 2007 and Delphi for .Net
Hello, I have RAD Studio 2007, installed and working just fine, but I can't see any .Net projects, or even create one. any idea what I need to install, if requires additional installation, The installation ISO almost 4 GB , or just I need another registration key to enable .net version? where to buy if not supported any more by embarcadero If above is different version, how I get Delphi 2007 for .NET version please? Thank you in advance Falah Latino wrote: > Hello, > > I have RAD Studio 2007, installed and working just fine, but I can't see any .Net projec...

Error F1026 in RAD Studio 2007
I installed a certain component but the dcu files could not be found. In the project->options I added the browse path to where the dcu files reside. However, Delphi still fails to find the files. I also added the path to the tools->options environment. In order to compile, I had to copy the dcu files into the project folder. I am getting frustrated, can this be fixed? "Victor Feria" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message news:168167@forums.codegear.com... >I installed a certain component but the dcu files could not be found. In >the > project->...

Delphi RAD studio 2007
Hello there, I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072 F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385” Can yo...

RAD Studio Trial download
Howdy, On the RAD Studio Trial download page, at: https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/rad_studio I see: RAD Studio 2009 Trial - at 16MB RAD Studio 2009 ISO Disk 1 - Delphi and C++ Builder 2009 - at 1.9GB RAD Studio 2009 ISO Disk 2 - Delphi Prism - at 1.4GB and then: Rad Studio 2007 ISO - at 4.2GB So I'm wondering what's missing in the 2009 stuff that was in the 2007 - even if you add the Delphi and C++ Builder *and* Prism (and I don't think Prism is in 2007 so really it probably shouldn't be added...) it's still a GB smaller than the 2007 ISO. W...

RAD Studio 2007 (Architect) Re-Installation Problems
Hi Anyone, System: Dell Optiplex GX520 running XP SP3 History: This system had RAD Studio 2007 installed, along with D2009 and D2010. During an attempt to install XE on the system when first released ALL prior versions of RAD Studio were thoroughly TRASHED!!! So I uninstalled them all. I also deleted the folders left over in C:\Program Files. I also cleaned the Registry using Registry Booster 2011. ( I also bought a new system with Win7-64 on it for XE. <g> It's been working for a good while now. Although I HATE Win7!) Present Circumstance: I have several ...

Buy Rad Studio 2009 But Install 2007 [Edit]
I'm currently using RAD Studio 2007 (Delphi W32) and waiting to upgrade to 2009 when ASTA components become available. I need another license and would like to buy 2009 but install 2007 until I can do the upgrade. Is it possible? What's the most cost effective way to do this? Edited by: Jon Gray on Apr 15, 2009 6:42 PM > {quote:title=Jon Gray wrote:}{quote} > I'm currently using RAD Studio 2007 (Delphi W32) and waiting to upgrade to 2009 when ASTA components become available. > > I need another license and would like to buy 2009 but install 2007 until I ...

Web resources about - Downgrading from RAD studio 2007 Architect to RAD studio 2009 Enterprise/Professional - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech