Do you think Embarcadero support is bad?? You must try FastReports support!

If you think Embarcadero support is bad... you probably have never needed support from FastReports... Which is the WORST from all Thirdy Party components we have ever purchased (Yes, we have purchased the complete FastReports suite)

I see many people here complaining about Embarcadero support, but at least in Brazil I can call them and they will help me... and regarding bugs I have already filled some QC reports that were all fixed in newer versions... but I have some open bugs in FastReports bug system which I have NEVER received a single reply as "We are working on it"... Another case from FastReports, we opened a ticket and the guy could not figure out the bug and passed to another guy, who passed to another guy, and another.... a
nd we never got any fix, until now we still have those problems open and we don´t get ANY reply from them....

Emb. support compared to FastReports is great!
0
Eric

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> If you think Embarcadero support is bad... you probably have never needed support from FastReports... Which is the WORST from all Thirdy Party components we have ever purchased (Yes, we have purchased the complete FastReports suite)
>
> I see many people here complaining about Embarcadero support, but at least in Brazil I can call them and they will help me... and regarding bugs I have already filled some QC reports that were all fixed in newer versions... but I have some open bugs in FastReports bug system which I have NEVER received a single reply as "We are working on it"... Another case from FastReports, we opened a ticket and the guy could not figure out the bug and passed to another guy, who passed to another guy, and another....
 and we never got any fix, until now we still have those problems open and we don´t get ANY reply from them....

> Emb. support compared to FastReports is great!

Their forum is pretty active. Maybe you should try airing your grievances with the company there. From what I see, their ticket system is a private one, meaning, you create the ticket and you only and the support person can see it. Maybe if you talk about these bugs in the open forum, you might get more traction ?.. again, I do not know the full history behind this, but that is just a suggestion. Good luck

Edited by: G Mortonni on Jun 27, 2013 3:36 PM
My experience with Fastreport is their support is a erratic. Sometimes I get
an answer within minutes of logging a problem, other times my logged
problems seem to just get ignored.

Godfrey
0
Godfrey
6/28/2013 8:13:30 AM
I can honestly say I've never had to wait more than about 24 hours for a response from FastRep. I haven't asked any questions recently, so I guess things may have changed ...

The coders are Russian, so the responses are sometimes in a weird hybrid of English / Russian, and can be pretty brief ... but I've always been able to understand them.
0
Adam

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Today (sunday) I entered a question into their bug-tracker and got an answer within an hour!

That's really great!

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> If you think Embarcadero support is bad... you probably have never needed support from FastReports... Which is the WORST from all Thirdy Party components we have ever purchased (Yes, we have purchased the complete FastReports suite)
>
> I see many people here complaining about Embarcadero support, but at least in Brazil I can call them and they will help me... and regarding bugs I have already filled some QC reports that were all fixed in newer versions... but I have some open bugs in FastReports bug system which I have NEVER received a single reply as "We are working on it"... Another case from FastReports, we opened a ticket and the guy could not figure out the bug and passed to another guy, who passed to another guy, and another....
 and we never got any fix, until now we still have those problems open and we don´t get ANY reply from them....

> Emb. support compared to FastReports is great!
0
Samuel

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

NOT RECOGNIZED/SUPPORTED BY att tech support
Name: wwill connelly Email: willconnellyatBELLSOUTHdotNET Product: SeaMonkey Summary: NOT RECOGNIZED/SUPPORTED BY att tech support Comments: I cannot send/receive email with seamonkey on newly assigned att.yahoo.com pop incoming and smtp outgoing server addresses, and ATT DSL help desk does not even recgnjze existance of seamonkry I hate being forced to use outhouse ...sorry, that's outlook ... express. II hope you caan straightrn those anal orifices out. WIILL CONELLY Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NE...

ANN: FastReport 4.7 with Delphi 2009 support released
Dear friends! Other companies with such change lists release "new major version with upgrade fee" (for example v.11 ;) But we have release it as version 4.7 - upgrade for all users of FastReport 4.* - free! What is new? + CodeGear RAD Studio (Delphi/C++Builder) 2009 support + [enterprise] enchanced error description in logs + added properties TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBegin: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBody: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentEnd: TStrings + improved RTF export (with line spacing, vertical gap etc) + added support of Enhanced Metafil...

Tech. Support
I saw a reference to Tech. Support in one of the messages on line. Is there a number where I can speak to someone and discuss the problems I am having with Jaguar CTS and try and resolve them. Please let me know. Thanks, Sherry. 1-800-8SYBASE option 3 Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services Sherry K. wrote: > I saw a reference to Tech. Support in one of the messages on line. Is > there a number where I can speak to someone and discuss the problems I > am having with Jaguar CTS and try and resolve them. > Please let me know. > > Thanks, > Sherry. ...

TECH SUPPORT
Name: JR SIMSER Email: NOT FUNCTIONAL Product: Thunderbird Summary: TECH SUPPORT Comments: NO ONE ELSE CAN SOLVE THUNDERBIRD'S PROBLEMS, INCLUDING THUNDERBIRD AND THEY HAVE NO ONE THAT'S INTERESTED IN TALKING TO THE CUSTOMER. TIME TO QUIT THE BUSINESS ?? YEH ! I KNOW, " DON'T EXPECT A RESPONSE" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Please support mailto support
Hi Group, I submitted Bug 488330 to Mozilla today. This is the gist if it: The URI schema 'mailto:' is not supported when submitting form results. It is needed on the <xf:submission>element, action attribute. When I attempt to use it I receive an error. See the example at the end of the bug report. See the XForms recommendation, section 11.9 Submission Options: "Other bindings, in particular to the URI scheme "mailto:" may, and the schemes "https:" and "file:" should, be supported." I know that 'mailto' is not required...

tech support
Name: Jim Smith Email: JimTSmith Product: SeaMonkey Summary: tech support Comments: I have tried to install Seamonkey email. With help from Qwest tech support till they said it was a Seamonkey problem they could not help They are my server. I spent days randomly changing the parameters for the server connection. Finally success. Two days of glory, then the send mail con was refused. Tried every thing. Back to qwest. nada. I gave up... SUGGESTION: HAVE A LIVE TECH SUPPORT PHONE FOR CONNECTING PROBLEMS ONLY. How can you sell the world on SeaMonkey if the populace can not ...

ANN: FastReport 4.7 with Delphi 2009 support released
Dear friends! Other companies with such change lists release "new major version with upgrade fee" (for example v.11 ;) But we have release it as version 4.7 - upgrade for all users of FastReport 4.* - free! What is new? + CodeGear RAD Studio (Delphi/C++Builder) 2009 support + [enterprise] enchanced error description in logs + added properties TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBegin: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentBody: TStrings, TfrxHTMLExport.HTMLDocumentEnd: TStrings + improved RTF export (with line spacing, vertical gap etc) + added support of Enhanced Metafil...

Tech Support
Name: Dale Diller Email: dadill1atjunodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tech Support Comments: I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I called AT&T tech support and was told I had to pay to get tech support for Firefox. They will give me free tech support if I use Internet Explorer but I must pay to get tech support for Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Tech support
Dear Tech Support, My computer doesn't work. What's wrong? Distressed in Linbo Input device to infrastructure substratum interconnectivity data path malware interrupt error. Please correct and call us back when the error has been eliminated. Bob Crandell wrote: > Dear Tech Support, > > My computer doesn't work. What's wrong? > > Distressed in Linbo "dan c." <dytcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in news:W_KSi.16735$NG7.1952 @kovat.provo.novell.com: > Input device to infrastructure substratum interconnectivity data path &g...

FastReports support
Does anyone know how the FR On-Line support forum (for registered users) works? I submitted a couple of posts there that seem to have been answered (not sure), but I can't see an answer. I sent an e-mail asking this same question to FR support but no response. I did get one e-mail asking for more info, which I replied to, and it seems to have died there. I'm new to FR, and just trying to get a sense of how well the support works. Thanks, Mike Am Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:34:55 -0800 schrieb Mike Reublin: > Does anyone know how the FR On-Line support forum (for regi...

tech support
I just read this on a newsgroup and couldn't stop laughing... > Yesterday, I was asked why a document could not be saved from en e-mail > message. > > I looked at the message, and instead of an attachment, the sender sent a > html link to: > a:\document.doc > > As the helpless victim clicked on the link, I showed him how his floppy > drive was going crazy trying to find a diskette. I sarcastically told him > the only way that link would work was if the sender gave him the diskette. > At that point, I replied to the sender to "AT...

bad support
Name: fred Product: Firefox Summary: bad support Comments: support volunteer zzxc was not at all helpful. took 40 minutes that i needed for sleep (east coast here). then just disappeared without saying 'i don't know' or 'goodbye' or anything. zzxc was apparently talking to many other people & not giving me much attention, based on the amount of time between messages. kept asking the same questions over & over (even though they were clearly answered the first time). suggested lame-ass options not related to my simple goal. doesn't seem to know mu...

tech support
How can I open a case with tech Support. Go here: http://support.sybase.com/ Click on Support Centers on the left Click on the area on the left (ie Europe, Asia, ... ) This will list the number you should call. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm H�seyin Altun <haltun@posltd.com.tr> wrote in message news:NII1m7Fo$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > How can I open a case with tech Support. > ...

tech support
Anybodys from sybase reading this newsgroup? I wish they do since i got a lot of bug report for them and they wont give support rightway unless you pays. PB has a lot of BUGS!!! This newsgroup is a user community only. If you want to communicate to Sybase, you can log issues free through CaseExpress, in the support section of the Sybase web site. But then again, people around here have been known to solve a problem or two. <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 10 May 2001 03:50:11 -0400, lame wrote: >Anybodys from sybase reading...

Web resources about - Do you think Embarcadero support is bad?? You must try FastReports support! - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Embarcadero (San Francisco) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...  37.79944°N 122.395°W  / 37.79944; -122.395 Coordinates : 37°47′58″N 122°23′42″W  /  37.79944°N 122.395°W  / 37.79944; -122.395 The Embarcadero ...

Planet Bay Bridge from the Embarcadero in San Francisco - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stitched from 24 photos with Autopano Pro, and shot with a 40D using the 17 - 55 IS lens.

Embarcadero’s Sydney-based senior director - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Embarcadero Brings Millions of C++ and Delphi Developers to Windows 10 with its Latest RAD Product Release ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives SYDNEY, Australia – September 1, 2015 – Embarcadero Technologies, ...

Embarcadero developers write once to multiple platforms
With the release of Embarcadero Technologies' RAD Studio XE7 code editor, C++ and Delphi application developers can maintain a single code base ...

Sunset Magazine property sells to Embarcadero Capital Partners
... long. Barely a month after putting the property up for sale, Time Inc. has found a buyer for the Sunset Magazine campus in Menlo Park. Embarcadero ...

Embarcadero « CBS San Francisco
San Francisco Radio.com CBS Local Sports CBS Sports Radio Tailgate Fan Atlanta Baltimore Boston Chicago Cleveland Connecticut Dallas Denver Detroit ...

Embarcadero moves RAD Studio beyond Windows
Software development is moving beyond the desktop computer. With this in mind, Embarcadero has strengthened its flagship Windows RAD Studio IDE ...

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7 - Press Release - Digital Journal
... network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us! SAN FRANCISCO, CA(Marketwired - Sep 2, 2014) - Embarcadero ...

Embarcadero Opens Up On Commercial Grade C++
64-bit support and ARM support on the way soon…