Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE

I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and
D7 as "Dee seven".

How about the following XE shortcut names:

Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie*
RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy*
Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie*

Tough ones:

RadPHP XE: ????
C++Builder XE: ????

Regards,

Jarrod Hollingworth
Complete Time Tracking
http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/
0
Jarrod

> RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy*

To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools?
0
Luigi
9/7/2010 12:43:26 PM
> {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote}
> > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy*
>
> To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools?

LOL

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
9/7/2010 2:27:28 PM
> {quote:title=Jarrod Hollingworth wrote:}{quote}
> I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and
> D7 as "Dee seven".
>
> How about the following XE shortcut names:
>
> Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie*

Well, Dixie is a bit unfortunate, at least in Germany where Dixie is a major brand name for mobile toilet boxes. I don't think we want to have that connotation with our beloved Delphi !
http://www.lost-in-the.net/cms/images/stories/hausbau/20070619.Dixi.jpg

> RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy*
> Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie*
>
> Tough ones:
>
> RadPHP XE: ????
> C++Builder XE: ????
>
> Regards,
>
> Jarrod Hollingworth
> Complete Time Tracking
> http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/

Edited by: Markus Joos on Sep 8, 2010 6:05 AM
0
Markus
9/8/2010 1:06:38 PM
Am 07.09.2010 09:48, schrieb Markus Joos:
>> {quote:title=Jarrod Hollingworth wrote:}{quote}
>> I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and
>> D7 as "Dee seven".
>>
>> How about the following XE shortcut names:
>>
>> Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie*
>
> Well, Dixie is a bit unfortunate, at least in Germany where Dixie is a major brand name for mobile toilet boxes. I don't think we want to have that connotation with our beloved Delphi !

+1
0
Markus
9/8/2010 8:23:58 PM
> C++Builder XE: ????

 C++ Bexie ?

/N
0
Niklas

Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote} > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are availabl...

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...

Free Exam Offer for Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE Users, can't get test code
Hello, Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? Am 31.07.2011 20:07, schrieb Andrei Chketov: > Hello, > > Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". > Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? In which time zone are you? You might want to contact EMBT directly (e...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Not buying RAD Studio XE, have renewed Delphi Prism SA
I bought Delphi Prism last year. I also have Delphi 2010. My original plan was to use Delphi Prism for some hobbyist projects (this worked well) and learn some Delphi so I'd be prepared for the eventual crossplatform release of Delphi. I don't know C++ nor did I ever want to learn it. Then Delphi XE came out and wasn't crossplatform. I thought about this. My original plan was to upgrade to RAD Studio 2011 (now named XE) and get my new version of Delphi prism as well as crossplatform Delphi (as well as C++ Builder). But the XE improvements over Delphi 2010 have no value for...

Organising code to compile between Win32 and Prism in Delphi XE RAD Studio
Before you all choke on your morning coffee, allow me to explain :-) We have a lot of Delphi code. Quite a lot of it is well mannered object oriented code. We'd like (need) to use this code to produce different binaries that target both .Net and Win32. We can already do this using Delphi 2007 RAD Studio, so we understand the pain points (which are not as many as you might think). Now we want to upgrade to Delphi XE RAD Studio. Essentially this means replacing the Delphi 2007.Net compiler with the Prism compiler. We appreciate there will be some additional pain points, but it's wo...

Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007
Hi to all, I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while. For doing this is there any special care to take? Any tips about this will be appreciated. Nando. > {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote} > Hi to all, > > I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects t...

Strange SaveAll and custom project file directories difficulties in Delphi XE of RAD Studio
Hello all, Really glad to be back working with Delphi, ( especially with XE and PrismXE which are the very fist versions of either that hasn't error'd out on exit since version 1 ), after a bit more than a year off attending other needs! The new IDE is great and the supplied tools are the best yet! I hope to be more productive than ever before once I straighten out a few minor difficulties! Before explaining my problem however, I must tell you how my new system is setup as I believe this may indeed be partly responsible for my difficulties. It's a bra...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Web resources about - Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech