Delphi XE2 X Crystal Reports

I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?

Amilcar F.
-1
Amilcar

> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?

There is no official solution.  The last version that had Delphi support was version 10, and that only supported Delphi 7 (binary only solution).  SAP now only officially support .Net and Java.

I have heard of hacks that let you use CR10 in later versions of Delphi (2006?), but have not heard if anyone has had any luck using one, or a similar hack is available for XE2.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?

This thread claims that there is a patch set for Crystal Reports (XI?) and Delphi 2009.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=49214&tstart=0

This post in particular might be useful to you.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=120936&tstart=0

--
Regards
Bruce McGee

Amilcar F.

> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> > I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> This thread claims that there is a patch set for Crystal Reports (XI?) and Delphi 2009.
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=49214&tstart=0
>
> This post in particular might be useful to you.
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=120936&tstart=0
>
> --
> Regards
> Bruce McGee
> Glooscap Software
0
Amilcar
11/25/2011 9:05:11 PM
I come from Crystal Report to FastReport (now included in XE2) since some years without any regret. There is a Crystal Report converter  [here|http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/fastreport.net-download.html] for FastReport.Net I never used it and don't know if it is FastReport VCL compatible.

> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> Thank you.
> I'll keep searching.
> My solution for now, will be removed from reports of my system and make a separate system, only for the reports.
>
> Amilcar F.
>
> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> > > I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
> >
> > This thread claims that there is a patch set for Crystal Reports (XI?) and Delphi 2009.
> >
> > https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=49214&tstart=0
> >
> > This post in particular might be useful to you.
> >
> > https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=120936&tstart=0
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bruce McGee
> > Glooscap Software
0
phil
11/26/2011 12:20:14 PM
Don't expect support,... this is not BOs fight.

Mike

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
> {quote:title=Michael Thuma wrote:}{quote}
> Don't expect support,... this is not BOs fight.

By BO, do you mean Business Objects/SAP?

It was their decision to release a binary only solution for Delphi 7 and subsequently not offer any native API (Java and .Net only).  Whose fight would it be if not theirs?

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
> I have heard of hacks that let you use CR10 in later versions of Delphi
> (2006?),
> but have not heard if anyone has had any luck using one, or a similar hack
> is
> available for XE2.

I have switched from the CR VCL to a CR COM based solution several years
ago. That solution is working fine with CR10/11 (not Crystal 2008) and
Delphi XE. Have not upgraded these apps to XE2 yet, but I suppose the 32 bit
version will work just fine.

An early version (using early binding) is still available at my archived
website:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/~gdeboom/Website/index.html look for the Simple
Viewer.

In 2008 I reposted a newer experiment (late binding) in the attachments
newsgroups. Will look for it and repost that post.

Wouldn't recommend Crystal Reports in new projects, since all of these
solutions are unsupported.

Gert
0
Gert
11/27/2011 10:29:38 AM
Am 26.11.2011 21:01, schrieb Bruce McGee:
>> {quote:title=Michael Thuma wrote:}{quote}
>> Don't expect support,... this is not BOs fight.
>
> By BO, do you mean Business Objects/SAP?
>
> It was their decision to release a binary only solution for Delphi 7 and subsequently not offer any native API (Java and .Net only).  Whose fight would it be if not theirs?

Simply flood their support forms/e-mail addresses with requests for a
native VCL solution if you need such a thing.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
11/27/2011 12:02:49 PM
Oh, yes Business Objects.

>Whose fight would it be if not theirs?
Better said, it's another world, typical big vendor lock in. Usually they only support those technologies that are unavoidable. About anything else they usually don't care. This is little sad for Delphi + CR, because CR can be found often and is still a good reporting alternative ... Compared to the SAP reporting which was ASCII based or supported via a very proprietary solution ... //the ABAP was originally introduced as the the reporting language while business logic was coded in host assembler and evol
ved into the programming language for everything over the decades SAP. Some exceptions are only the huge Java based systems, that simply will not be rewritten so soon.

SAP thinks in Windows + SAP Integration via Sharepoint ... this is their fight. Honestly this is almost pure Java combined with .net - buuuah. Somehow it works, but never look beyond.

Don't get me wrong, I would appreciate a Delphi Support ... but in the end. We had this discussion a few years ago and someone from Codegear said, we will tell the guys in Europe ... I think there is still an enormous reservation at SAP from the Borland times ... This Delphi SAP went so wrong in the end. The SAP guys who have been evolved did not expect that Borland would stop at 90% of the work done ... when SAP aim is 120% and beyond.

When you look at this - looks .net + SAP mainstream ... SAP sees this as almost outlaw and certification is done now, but after years of SAP resistance ...

http://www.theobald-software.com/oe/cms/website.php?id=/en/index/products/erpconnect.htm

SAP is more kind of - we do the development and other things are customizing but never development. They want to get rid of programming but it's not avoidable. So don't expect more than the most minimal support of the most popular mainstream technologies. Their customers must strongly demand ...

Mike

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
11/27/2011 3:28:16 PM
Am 27.11.2011 16:28, schrieb Michael Thuma:
> Oh, yes Business Objects.
>
>> Whose fight would it be if not theirs?
> Better said, it's another world, typical big vendor lock in. Usually they only support those technologies that are unavoidable. About anything else they usually don't care. This is little sad for Delphi + CR, because CR can be found often and is still a good reporting alternative ... Compared to the SAP reporting which was ASCII based or supported via a very proprietary solution ... //the ABAP was originally introduced as the the reporting language while business logic was coded in host assembler and ev
ol
> ved into the programming language for everything over the decades SAP. Some exceptions are only the huge Java based systems, that simply will not be rewritten so soon.

The issue with SAP reporting was and is that they do not have a real
strategy. First it was SAPScript, then it was Smartforms, then they
announced a partnership with adope and now it's Crystalreports?

The only one I used myself was SAPScript. Not too funny but it worked.
We once bought a book about smartforms and soon after we finnaly
received it (big corp. purchasing...) we heared about the announcement
to form a partnership with Adobe... Luckily I'm no longer in this area...

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
11/28/2011 7:01:19 PM
I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.

regards
/Fredrik

"Amilcar Silva Ferreira" skrev i meddelandet

I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?

Amilcar F.
0
Fredrik
11/29/2011 12:42:19 PM
> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.

A few years ago I found some code online that updated their VCL components to work with unicode and Delphi 2010. I moved off Crystal Reports about the same time so I haven't tried using it in XE2. I moved to Fast Reports and have been very happy with that decision. I doubt the VCL components will work for 64-bit but they would probably still work for 32-bit in XE2. I can send you the code, just send me a private message with your contact information.
0
Sam
11/29/2011 8:27:29 PM
>I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
> created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.

I did some tests years ago (using another .NET Delphi integration tool) and
needed to be loaded. Is the performance using your approach acceptable?

Gert
0
Gert
11/29/2011 10:33:57 PM
More or less. It is definitly not as fast as Crystal Report 10 and 11 since
the first loading of the Crystal net asseblies will take a while (30s to 1
minute depending on the hardware).

/Fredrik

"Gert De Boom"  skrev i meddelandet news:425187@forums.embarcadero.com...

>I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
> created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.

I did some tests years ago (using another .NET Delphi integration tool) and
needed to be loaded. Is the performance using your approach acceptable?

Gert
0
Fredrik
12/2/2011 9:24:36 AM
> {quote:title=Fredrik Aasa wrote:}{quote}
> I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
> created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.
>
> regards
> /Fredrik
>
> "Amilcar Silva Ferreira" skrev i meddelandet
>
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.

Would you be interested in selling your solution? Hopefully it would include some examples.  I have a Delphi 7 application that I am porting to Delphi XE2 (64-bit).  It includes over 200+ reports using crystal.  Converting to another report writer is not a solution for me.

Thank you,

John D
0
John
2/8/2012 7:01:59 PM
> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.

Are not current version of Crystal Reports COM-based? I am running CR 9 in Delphi via COM and it works fine...
0
Dimitrij
2/10/2012 8:58:27 AM
> {quote:title=Fredrik Aasa wrote:}{quote}
> I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
> created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.
>
> regards
> /Fredrik
>
> "Amilcar Silva Ferreira" skrev i meddelandet
>
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.

Edited by: Clive Morgan on Aug 20, 2012 7:17 AM
Dear Fredrik, I would also be interested in purchasing your soilution if it allows me to inegrate CRysrtal 2008 reports with Delphi XE/XE2, please advise if this is an option and how much would it be?
0
Clive
8/20/2012 2:18:41 PM
On 8/20/2012 8:18 AM, Clive Morgan wrote:
>> {quote:title=Fredrik Aasa wrote:}{quote}
>> I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
>> created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.
>>
>> regards
>> /Fredrik
>>
>> "Amilcar Silva Ferreira" skrev i meddelandet
>>
>> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>>
>> Amilcar F.
>
> Edited by: Clive Morgan on Aug 20, 2012 7:17 AM
> Dear Fredrik, I would also be interested in purchasing your soilution if it allows me to inegrate CRysrtal 2008 reports with Delphi XE/XE2, please advise if this is an option and how much would it be?

+ 1
0
Francisco
8/21/2012 4:16:44 PM
Yes it is possible to run Crystal X vcl with Delphi 2010 (Unicode) and later versions.
Due to Unicode support since Delphi 2009 you have to modify deeply your VCL
*I ' have fully succeed*, not has Danysoft explains in it's web site, it's much more complicated.
Trust me if you want a proof send me a report, I will send you an exe compiled in D2010 that previews it.
Unfortunately I can't distribute the modified version of the vcl, without enforcing licence agreement.
SAP/B.O. didn't respond at all, so the only way is to recompile a project for you.
I have even correct some crystal vcl bugs that came with the latest version and made some memory leaks.

> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.
0
Juan
9/11/2012 6:22:38 PM
> {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
>
> Amilcar F.

Hi Amilcar. It´s possible!!!!!

I´m using Delphi XE2 with Crystal Reports 8.5, and I run the reports with CRViewer.

Follow these steps:
1 - Open the Reports in the Crystal Reports.
2 - click the "Database" menu
3 - Next, "Convert Database Driver"
4 - check the box, and choose the type of access that you use (I use Oracle, then I use pdsora7.dll [ORACLE 7.x]).

This is the solution that I use, and works perfectly.

good luck.
bye
0
Rafael
9/18/2012 7:05:19 PM
> {quote:title=Rafael Carlos Falasca wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote}
> > I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible?
> >
> > Amilcar F.
>

> Hi Amilcar. It´s possible!!!!!
>
> I´m using Delphi XE2 with Crystal Reports 8.5, and I run the reports with CRViewer.
>
> Follow these steps:
> 1 - Open the Reports in the Crystal Reports.
> 2 - click the "Database" menu
> 3 - Next, "Convert Database Driver"
> 4 - check the box, and choose the type of access that you use (I use Oracle, then I use pdsora7.dll [ORACLE 7.x]).
>

> This is the solution that I use, and works perfectly.
>
> good luck.
> bye

Could you please explain in a little more detail?  I'm using Delphi 5 and a crviewer version 7.5.2 to launch my crystal 8.5 reports from Delphi 5.  We have purchased XE2, but not being able to launch our reports is a major holdback for us currently.  Are you saying that you can make a change on the report side that will allow me to launch my reports from XE2?
0
Randy
11/5/2012 9:36:26 PM
> {quote:title=Fredrik Aasa wrote:}{quote}
> More or less. It is definitly not as fast as Crystal Report 10 and 11 since
> the first loading of the Crystal net asseblies will take a while (30s to 1
> minute depending on the hardware).
>
> /Fredrik
>
> "Gert De Boom"  skrev i meddelandet news:425187@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
> >I run Crystal Reports 2008 and 2011 (2010) through a .Net dll that I have
> > created and that I call using Remobjects Hydra.
>
> I did some tests years ago (using another .NET Delphi integration tool) and
> needed to be loaded. Is the performance using your approach acceptable?
>
> Gert

Hi Fredrik.  We may also be interested in purchasing your solution.  Can you please give me a quote on it?  Is it a com object that you pass in the parameters, like the report path and any record selection formulas?
0
Debbie

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Run Crystal Reports 12/Business Objects with Delphi XE or XE2
Has anyone tried to run Crystal Reports 12 with Delphi XE or XE2. Can you point me to something that shows how to do it? Try the link found at the end of this thread.. > {quote:title=Barry Grossman wrote:}{quote} > Has anyone tried to run Crystal Reports 12 with Delphi XE or XE2. > > Can you point me to something that shows how to do it? Try the link found at the end of this thread.. https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=114133 > {quote:title=Barry Grossman wrote:}{quote} > Has anyone tried to run Crystal Reports 12 with Delphi XE or XE...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi XE2 and Fast Report
OS: Windows 7 Pro Hello, i can create a Report with "Fast Report 4.11.17" if i use the Editor, aber if i will print the Report there is nothing. the printer doesn't start a new job. The printer-Dialog open and i Press "Okay", but nothing. {code} frxReport1.FileName:='F:\projekte\delphi\Delphi XE2\Druckertest\druckertest.fr3'; frxReport1.DataSetName:= 'frxDBDataset1'; if frxReport1.Print then; {code} I read the German-Manual two times, but i doesn't find my error. I need your help, please. Greetings from Germany Heiko Yo...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Delphi XE2 Translation Manager is crippled compared to Delphi 7
Delphi XE2 Translation Manager enables editing only of the properties that were previously saved to the DFM file. That means only properties that were changed from their default values in the original source language form. So if a TLabel Alignment is taLeftJustify I can't edit or even see its value in the translated form grid editor. Delphi 7 Translation Manager enabled editing and viewing of all the properties of a component included in the form. It also enabled editing properties using the Object inspector. Am I missing some definition in Delphi XE2 to enable all properties ...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 X Crystal Reports - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Contract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vcc

Crystal Johns Leaving CBS News
Crystal Johns , director of talent development and diversity at CBS News, is leaving the network and joining Bienstock, the UTA-owned talent ...

5 Crystal Clear Translation Services That Will Boost WordPress Site Conversions
... check before committing to a freelancer. Although uncommon, it’s possible for you to get scammed through the service. The post 5 Crystal Clear ...

Light up your life with this Final Fantasy-esque save-crystal lamp
With fervour high for the upcoming Final Fantasy XV, this handmade save-crystal lamp is proving a hot item for role-playing game fans.

Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons
Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons

UTA’s Bienstock Division Hires CBS News’ Crystal Johns
Bienstock , the news and broadcast division of talent/literary agency UTA , has hired CBS News executive Crystal Johns as a broadcast news agent. ...

Dele Alli Wondergoal Puts Spurs Up 2-1 On Crystal Palace
Is this the goal of the season? It might be, as Dele Alli scored an absolutely incredible golazo that has us searching for words. Read more... ...

Rise of the Tomb Raider director leaves Crystal Dynamics for Infinity Ward
Tomb Raider Senior Art Director and Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics, the developer announced via ...

HP's smartwatch has Swarovski crystals and a see-through screen
The product of HP's collaboration with American designer Isaac Mizrahi wouldn't look out of place next to ordinary analog watches designed for ...