Delphi XE2 + Windows XP. Does it work? [Edit]

We want to migrate from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE2. Our OS is Windows XP.

Does XE2 run on Windows XP?
What are your experiences?

Thanks,
R.

Edited by: Ronnie Smith on Jan 27, 2012 12:29 AM
0
Ronnie

I bet it does.

Windows Platforms

The following Windows platforms are supported as development platforms:
Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Microsoft Windows VistaTM SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit) requires administrator
rights
Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional (32-bit and 64-bit) SP2 or SP3
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1) or 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
The latest service packs and security updates are recommended for all
platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/Installation_Notes_for_XE2#Windows_Platforms
0
Roland
1/27/2012 9:01:36 AM
I run XE2 on WinXP and have noticed no problems to date.

Lachlan
0
Lachlan
1/27/2012 10:15:12 AM
Thanks, I'll buy an upgrade version for a pilot.
0
Ronnie
1/27/2012 11:08:11 AM
Same here.

<Lachlan Gemmell> escribió en el mensaje news:440728@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I run XE2 on WinXP and have noticed no problems to date.
>
> Lachlan
0
Jim
1/30/2012 12:47:03 AM
> {quote:title=Ronnie Smith wrote:}{quote}
> We want to migrate from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE2. Our OS is Windows XP.
>
> Does XE2 run on Windows XP?
> What are your experiences?

Yup, works like a charm.
0
David

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

TreeView.Color Not Working
Hi All Anyone tried to set the TreeView.Color when the Project|Options|Application|Appearance is "Slate Classico" At design time its fine, but at runtime the Color is white. Any ideas why ? tia Changing the Appearence to something other than "Windows" also denies the font colour to be changed on a TLabel. ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Run Delphi 4 app in Windows XP [Edit]
Hello, I have legacy, special purpose Delphi 4 application. Native it is running in Windows 98 OS. I want to run it in Windows XP. It runs, no error, but.. One "TGroupBox" named "REZULTATAI" NOT displayed. And field not active In this TgroupBox calculation is done. But in Windows XP it is not active With Winsight tool whole "TGroupBox" displaying as "hidden" here's my app screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QV5LRUUzF8NzNCNVcwVC1vOWM/view?usp=sharing here's part of code...(as DFM file) https://drive.google.co...

Delphi XE2 SOAP and Windows XP timeout issue
ARIO.HTTPWebNode.ConnectTimeout := 3000; works perfectly with an application running on Windows 7 when that application makes a SOAP call to an offline server. The same application running on Windows XP hangs forever when attempting to make a SOAP call to the same offline server. Setting ARIO.HTTPWebNode.SendTimeout and/or .ReceiveTimeout have no effect. Any ideas? Am 04.04.2013 17:06, Paul McWhinnie wrote:> ARIO.HTTPWebNode.ConnectTimeout := 3000; > > works perfectly with an application running on Windows 7 when that application makes a SOAP call to an offline serv...

RUN DELPHI 4 APP IN WINDOWS XP [Edit]
HELLO, I HAVE LEGACY SPECIAL PURPOSE DELPHI 4 APPLICATION. NATIVE, IT IS RUNNING IN WINDOWS 98 OS. I WANT TO RUN IT IN WINDOWS XP. IT RUNS. NO ERROR....BUT... ONE "TGroupBox" named "REZULTATAI", NOT DISPLAYED. NOT ACTIVE. IN THIS TgroupBox calculation is done. But in Windows XP it is not active WITH WINSIGHT TOOL WHOLE "TGroupBox" DISPLAYING AS "HIDDEN" here's my app screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QV5LRUUzF8NzNCNVcwVC1vOWM/view?usp=sharing here's part of code...(as DFM file) https://drive.google.com/file/...

Debugger not working
I don't know how, but somehow I have stopped the debugger from working in Delphi 2009. When I press Run having set a breakpoint, the breakpoint changes from a red dot to a white X in the dot. I first tried setting the registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger to "E:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\bin\bds.exe" /attach:%ld;%ld But that didn't help. I've since done a repair install but that hasn't helped either. Is a reboot required after changing the registry key? Any other suggestions? Thanks, ...

[...]

ASA5. Delphi client application working under Windows XP
Hello! I got a trouble. I need to run the client application under WinXP. But it doesn't work properly. When it starts it stops the loading with an error message. It works with user permissions. But if I set for this user administrator permissions all works fine. Could anyone suggest me what should I set to get the proper work of my client application? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance. If you are getting error messages, you should post them as it may help to identify the problem. Anyways, SA5 should be version 5.5.05.2817 for WindowsXP support. ...

Delphi XE2 : TComboBox vs TDBLookupComboBox in default Windows style [Edit]
Having recently upgraded to Delphi XE2 I found some surprises while migrating legacy Delphi source code. Of particular interest in this thread, is the default Windows style that is applied to the TComboBox and TDBLookupComboBox controls Simply create a new 32-bit VCL Forms Application with the default Windows style and drop one TComboBox and one TDBLookupComboBox on a form. The TDBLookupComboBox looks like the good old reliable Combo-Box that has been around for a very long time and the TComboBox looks like a new Java Combo-Box. *How does one make the TDBLookupComboBox and the TComboBo...

Unchanged SOAP code not works after migrating XE2 from Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi there! I have a horrible issue since days now and unfortunately, I haven't overcome it yet. We have a Java webservice in the middleware, and we consume it with Delphi. It was generated in Delphi 2010 with wsdlImporter, and with the default options. When I call the webservice, Delphi produces an XML like this: {code} <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <SOAP-ENV:Body> <calculateThmByC...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 + Windows XP. Does it work? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

The Windows Blog

Canberra says goodbye to Dickson window washer, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes
Canberrans are mourning the death of one of the city's most familiar faces, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes.

Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ...
90min Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ... 90min Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan told Sky ...

Enterprises keen to adopt Windows 10
A new survey of IT professionals from large organizations reveals higher than anticipated momentum for the adoption of Windows 10, with 63 percent ...

Microsoft has changed the way it develops Windows to make its employees more productive
Microsoft has changed the way it is developing the next update to Windows, codenamed "Redstone," to make its employees more productive, according ...

Yes, Intel's Skylake vPro chips will support Windows 7
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business ...

‘Fast & Furious’ 8 Rolls Into New York City With Official Title, Release Window
Clear your calendars people – the eighth installment of the Fast and Furious series hits theaters April, 2017 with the official title of Fast ...