Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]

The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.

http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Thanks,

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP

Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM
0
Tim

> {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Del Chiaro
> Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
> http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
>
> Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM

Hi,its very cool to see this release up,waiting to download the trial and see whats new with my own eyes ;D.

I don't found anything talking more about DocGen,its something like delphi docs(Another delphi doc,etc)?
0
Cristofer
8/30/2010 9:24:38 PM
> {quote:title=Cristofer Martins wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,its very cool to see this release up,waiting to download the trial and see whats new with my own eyes ;D.
>
> I don't found anything talking more about DocGen,its something like delphi docs(Another delphi doc,etc)?

If you're asking about the new command line documentation generaton capabilities, they are described on our doc wiki at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/Documentation_Generation_Facility

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
0
Tim
8/30/2010 9:28:14 PM
About delphi Prism

"Build Apps for iPhone OS

Delphi Prism XE can be used with Novell MonoTouch (sold separately) to
create applications for the Apple iPhone OS to run on the iPhone, iPod Touch
and iPad."

Does apple allow to develop applications with Mono Touch?
0
Gilbert
8/30/2010 9:29:25 PM
> {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Congratulations to the team! I am looking over the features matrix now. Impressive list. Far more goods than what I have read or seen so far.
0
Kyle
8/30/2010 9:47:24 PM
Hi Tim

congratulation!!

Great news

Claudio

"Tim DelChiaro" ha scritto nel messaggio
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are
> available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide
> between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Del Chiaro
> Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and
> Delphi for PHP
> http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
>
> Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM
0
Claudio
8/30/2010 9:52:41 PM
On 30.08.2010 23:15, Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Sounds great!
0
Alf
8/30/2010 10:05:04 PM
> {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Great!

Is there a bug fix list fo Delphi XE?

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
8/30/2010 10:08:03 PM
Kyle Miller wrote:

> Impressive list. Far more goods than what I have read or seen so far.

Very happy to see that, Kyle. We hope the wait was worth it :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> Is there a bug fix list fo Delphi XE?

We're working on pushing that out right now. It should be live before I
leave on my trip at 10am tomorrow :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/30/2010 10:23:36 PM
I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right now.

Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on release day.  In the past, it's always taken several days after release for the SA customers to get their e-mails.  Can't wait to install XE and try it out!

Thanks guys!
0
Michael
8/30/2010 10:26:03 PM
Hi Michael,

great info....you are the first ;-)

I am waiting..

Best Regards

Claudio

"Michael Booth" ha scritto nel messaggio
> I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right now.
>
> Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on release
> day.  In the past, it's always taken several days after release for the SA
> customers to get their e-mails.  Can't wait to install XE and try it out!
>
> Thanks guys!
0
Claudio
8/30/2010 10:29:31 PM
On 8/30/2010 2:15 PM, Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.

What will folks do if they want to purchase it after Wednesday??? <G>

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/30/2010 10:40:33 PM
> {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> About delphi Prism
>
> "Build Apps for iPhone OS
>
> Delphi Prism XE can be used with Novell MonoTouch (sold separately) to
> create applications for the Apple iPhone OS to run on the iPhone, iPod Touch
> and iPad."
>
> Does apple allow to develop applications with Mono Touch?

Apps built with MonoTouch are still being accepted by the App Store and we hope that will continue in the future.

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
0
Tim
8/30/2010 10:46:33 PM
LOL you always have to give me a hard time. Of course I meant that the new versions are already available from some of our shop sites and partners and they should be available through all channels worldwide by Wednesday.

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
0
Tim
8/30/2010 10:48:41 PM
Michael Booth wrote:

> Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on
> release day.

Good news. I'm glad the ops team was on top of it for this release.
Thanks probably go to Tim del Chiaro for keeping that on the product
launch schedule :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/30/2010 11:11:37 PM
Michael Booth wrote:

> I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right
> now.

I just got my SA notice as well!
Nice to see this.

Mark
0
Mark
8/30/2010 11:22:53 PM
On 8/30/2010 3:48 PM, Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> LOL you always have to give me a hard time.

It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it...

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/30/2010 11:42:44 PM
On 2010-08-30 17:15:29 -0400, Tim DelChiaro <> said:

Section repeated.  "New Tools to Augment your Build Process"

http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/whats-new

--
Kevin Powick
0
Kevin Powick wrote:

> Section repeated.  "New Tools to Augment your Build Process"
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/whats-new

That's because it's twice as cool! :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 12:55:47 AM
On 8/30/2010 5:55 PM, John Kaster wrote:
> Kevin Powick wrote:
>
>> Section repeated.  "New Tools to Augment your Build Process"
>>
>> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/whats-new
>
> That's because it's twice as cool! :)

I'm somewhat chagrined not to see anything regarding improved
documentation/examples -- or did I miss it?  I know that previous
roadmaps had indicated that as a priority issue.  Did nothing get done?
  Further, with all of these new features, is the documentation for
these items up to snuff, or will the docs be playing 'catch up' again?

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/31/2010 12:58:25 AM
> {quote:title=David Erbas-White wrote:}{quote}
> I'm somewhat chagrined not to see anything regarding improved
> documentation/examples -- or did I miss it?  I know that previous
> roadmaps had indicated that as a priority issue.  Did nothing get done?
>   Further, with all of these new features, is the documentation for
> these items up to snuff, or will the docs be playing 'catch up' again?

Documentation and examples are addressed in the feature matrix PDF. Check it out.
0
Kyle
8/31/2010 1:01:48 AM
On 8/30/2010 6:01 PM, Kyle Miller wrote:
>> {quote:title=David Erbas-White wrote:}{quote}
>> I'm somewhat chagrined not to see anything regarding improved
>> documentation/examples -- or did I miss it?  I know that previous
>> roadmaps had indicated that as a priority issue.  Did nothing get done?
>>    Further, with all of these new features, is the documentation for
>> these items up to snuff, or will the docs be playing 'catch up' again?
>
> Documentation and examples are addressed in the feature matrix PDF. Check it out.

Thanks, that's good to know (and I'll take a look), but I was directly
responding to the "what's new" web page that was posted.  I would have
thought that was the perfect place for such information.

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/31/2010 1:04:12 AM
Michael Booth wrote:
> I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right now.
>
> Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on release day.  In the past, it's always taken several days after release for the SA customers to get their e-mails.  Can't wait to install XE and try it out!

Err..  Make that "including some of your SA customers on release day."

AFAIK, my SA hasn't expired and I'm still waiting for my e-mail.

+1 day and counting.

Edmund
0
Edmund
8/31/2010 1:45:49 AM
Edmund Wong wrote:

> AFAIK, my SA hasn't expired and I'm still waiting for my e-mail.
>
> +1 day and counting.

Sorry, we haven't reached 1 day yet. It's been 6 hours.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 2:01:52 AM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> I'm somewhat chagrined not to see anything regarding improved
> documentation/examples -- or did I miss it?

Yes, I think you missed it.

http://blogs.embarcadero.com/chrispattinson/2010/08/27/38971/

3) Over 23 000 additional VCL/RTL API is documented, with over 100
public documentation bugs fixed.

As a sign of our commitment, we added several engineers to the doc team
last year (even with a painful economy). Great progress, more to do –
we’re on the right path. Dee Elling, our documentation manager, has
been working constantly to raise the documentation experience to Delphi
7 and beyond.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 2:03:21 AM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> Thanks, that's good to know (and I'll take a look), but I was
> directly responding to the "what's new" web page that was posted.  I
> would have thought that was the perfect place for such information.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll suggest to Tim he add the
documentation information there as well.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 2:04:14 AM
> {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Del Chiaro
> Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
> http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
>
> Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM

What I really know is that, the application compiled by delphi xe is larger again than previous version.
For delphi 2010, an application with an empty form is 798kb
For delphi XE, is 896kb

Is this a effect of improvement of compile speed?? just cut off the optimization?
0
wang
8/31/2010 2:42:43 AM
John Kaster wrote:
> Edmund Wong wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, my SA hasn't expired and I'm still waiting for my e-mail.
>>
>> +1 day and counting.
>
> Sorry, we haven't reached 1 day yet. It's been 6 hours.

No need to be sorry.  My bad for being impatient and not
reading properly.  Sorry for the impatience.

Edmund
0
Edmund
8/31/2010 3:08:10 AM
Edmund Wong wrote:

> My bad for being impatient and not
> reading properly.  Sorry for the impatience.

No worries. Hopefully you'll get your notification soon.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 3:17:52 AM
On 8/30/2010 7:04 PM, John Kaster wrote:
> David Erbas-White wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that's good to know (and I'll take a look), but I was
>> directly responding to the "what's new" web page that was posted.  I
>> would have thought that was the perfect place for such information.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll suggest to Tim he add the
> documentation information there as well.

Great -- I almost responded to your previous post but thought better of
it... <G>.  My main issue is that there seems to be so many places where
one has to pick up the 'bits and pieces' of what's in the new release
("look at this blog", "look at this feature matrix", "look at this
roadmap post") that I found it 'unsettling' that it wasn't in what I
would view as the 'definitive document to show the new features'.

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/31/2010 3:21:28 AM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> it wasn't in what I
> would view as the 'definitive document to show the new features'.

IMO, the definitive document should be the feature matrix.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 3:25:01 AM
wang meng wrote:

> What I really know is that, the application compiled by delphi xe is
> larger again than previous version.  For delphi 2010, an application
> with an empty form is 798kb For delphi XE, is 896kb
>
> Is this a effect of improvement of compile speed??

No.

> just cut off the optimization?

Definitely not.

The difference is mainly the new default icon resources (5 icons
instead of one and the biggest is 73548 byte).
--
Uwe Schuster
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
On 8/30/2010 8:25 PM, John Kaster wrote:
> David Erbas-White wrote:
>
>> it wasn't in what I
>> would view as the 'definitive document to show the new features'.
>
> IMO, the definitive document should be the feature matrix.

Does the feature matrix give 'delta comparisons' with previous versions?
  If not, then for EXISTING users, the "what's new" section is of
primary importance.  I would probably agree that for NEW customers, the
feature matrix is the primary reference.

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/31/2010 4:03:08 AM
On 30-Aug-10 20:21, David Erbas-White wrote:
> On 8/30/2010 7:04 PM, John Kaster wrote:
>> David Erbas-White wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, that's good to know (and I'll take a look), but I was
>>> directly responding to the "what's new" web page that was posted.  I
>>> would have thought that was the perfect place for such information.
>>
>> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll suggest to Tim he add the
>> documentation information there as well.
>>

> Great -- I almost responded to your previous post but thought better of
> it...<G>.  My main issue is that there seems to be so many places where
> one has to pick up the 'bits and pieces' of what's in the new release
> ("look at this blog", "look at this feature matrix", "look at this
> roadmap post") that I found it 'unsettling' that it wasn't in what I
> would view as the 'definitive document to show the new features'.
>
> David Erbas-White

I just downloaded the matrix PDF, and I have to say I am really unimpressed:

1. There is no logic to the ordering of items in each section. For
example, at the top of page 2 (Personal Developer Productivity) you have
D2009 items, D2010 items, and XE items all jumbled together with items
presumably added in D2007 and earlier. At the least one would expect
"New in XE" items to be first, followed by "Enhanced in XE" items and so
on. It looks sloppy and last-minute!

2. Highlighting features added/enhanced in D2009/D2010 seems very
strange: It gives the impression (true or not) that marketing is trying
to pad the "NEW" items list to make XE look to have more new/enhanced
stuff than it really does. For example, under Language/RTL Features, the
ONLY new feature in XE is Regex support?

3. Some items are either duplicated or should be moved to a more logical
area. For example, the Azure components item in the VCL section probably
should go in the Cloud section instead (and no components for Amazon
support?), and the DataSnap client components item under VCL would be
better suited to the DataSnap section.

4. Some of the item descriptions could be a lot more informative (e.g.
under IntraWeb). Adobe PDF supports hyperlinks, so you could include
links to web pages with greater detail about specific new/enhanced features.

Michael
0
Michael
8/31/2010 4:25:37 AM
Michael Marshall wrote:

> Adobe PDF supports hyperlinks, so you could include
> links to web pages with greater detail about specific new/enhanced
> features.

Yes, that would be a nice addition. As we produce more material and
examples, it would be good to update the feature matrix with links to
more information.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 4:45:16 AM
> Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on release
> day.

+1 (and downloading the ISO)

Gert
0
Gert
8/31/2010 6:23:12 AM
Installer still doesn't work through proxy... same as for the last
iterations... it just stays stuck with a "not responding".

So, the same question as for the last iterations: is there a full
download of the trial install files somewhere?

Eric
0
Eric

Tim DelChiaro wrote:

> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are
> available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide
> between now and Wednesday.
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio

Yeah!
Since I have SA, I've got the license keys already and I'm just
downloading the new version...

Thank you.

Achim
0
Achim
8/31/2010 7:10:19 AM
"Achim Kalwa" <delphi@achim-kalwa.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Tim DelChiaro wrote:
>
>> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are
>> available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide
>> between now and Wednesday.
>>
>> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
>> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
>
> Yeah!
> Since I have SA, I've got the license keys already and I'm just
> downloading the new version...

Nothing for me yet.
0
Farshad
8/31/2010 7:57:22 AM
Nor for me :(

"Farshad Mohajeri" <farshadAT@fmsoft.net> schreef in bericht
> "Achim Kalwa" <delphi@achim-kalwa.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tim DelChiaro wrote:
>>
>>> The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are
>>> available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide
>>> between now and Wednesday.
>>>
>>> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
>>> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
>>
>> Yeah!
>> Since I have SA, I've got the license keys already and I'm just
>> downloading the new version...
>>

> Nothing for me yet.
0
Jennifer
8/31/2010 8:17:22 AM
Am 31.08.2010 00:26, schrieb Michael Booth:
> I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right now.

+1 - downloading...

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0

> Nor for me :(
>> Nothing for me yet.

Hmm, sorry for you.
I've got the E-Mail from maintenance@emb...  this morning (01:42 UTC)
0
Achim
8/31/2010 9:29:04 AM
> {quote:title=John Kaster wrote:}{quote}
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > Is there a bug fix list fo Delphi XE?
>
> We're working on pushing that out right now. It should be live before I
> leave on my trip at 10am tomorrow :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the most important ones (for me) are
fixed :)

I am just downloading XE ISO so for some of them I could easily check myself.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
8/31/2010 10:10:20 AM
On 31.08.2010 03:45, Edmund Wong wrote:
> Michael Booth wrote:
>> I just got my software assurance e-mail and am downloading it right now.
>>
>> Thank you, Embarcadero, for finally including your SA customers on release day.  In the past, it's always taken several days after release for the SA customers to get their e-mails.  Can't wait to install XE and try it out!
>>

> Err..  Make that "including some of your SA customers on release day."
>
> AFAIK, my SA hasn't expired and I'm still waiting for my e-mail.
>
> +1 day and counting.
>
> Edmund

Checked your favorite spam box ??
:-)
0
Alf
8/31/2010 11:08:06 AM
"David Erbas-White" wrote

> Does the feature matrix give 'delta comparisons' with previous versions?

Personally, I don't think that such a 'definitive' document is possible. It
used to be the closest anyone came would be the combination of the Delphi
Developers Guide and Marco Cantu's Mastering Delphi books--but even buying
both, there would be features to explore that weren't covered thoroughly.

I've used every version since 3, and still go first to the feature matrix
for the top-level view.

bobD
0
Robert
8/31/2010 11:48:44 AM
Just got Delphi XE installed. I was really looking forward to the subversion integration and I'm really disappointed.

The modified files should be clearly marked as such in the Project Manager and file tab, now I have to go to explorer to see the status of the versioned files and while I'm there I can make the commits too, so the current "integration" is pretty much pointless...
0
Jani
8/31/2010 12:16:21 PM
Hello,

Jani Alanen wrote:

> The modified files should be clearly marked as such in the Project
> Manager and file tab

yes, that would be a nice feature.

> now I have to go to explorer to see the status of the versioned files

You also get a list of modified files when you bring up the "Commit"
page.

> and while I'm there I can make the commits too

The IDE's "Commit" feature has this wonderful context menu which allows
you to go directly to the history view of the specified file to see the
differenes.

> so the current "integration" is pretty much pointless...

I think the integration with the "History" view is worth a lot.

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
8/31/2010 1:03:56 PM
> {quote:title=Moritz Beutel wrote:}{quote}
> I think the integration with the "History" view is worth a lot.

You're right, that is useful. :)
0
Jani
8/31/2010 1:39:06 PM
Eric Grange wrote on 8/31/2010 :
> Installer still doesn't work through proxy... same as for the last
> iterations... it just stays stuck with a "not responding".
>
> So, the same question as for the last iterations: is there a full
> download of the trial install files somewhere?
>
> Eric

I probably can't give you the direct download
link, but on the download page, the second entry
is for the ISO.  1.8 GB.

HTH,
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
> I probably can't give you the direct download
> link, but on the download page, the second entry
> is for the ISO.  1.8 GB.

It's okay I guess, the trial ISO is available on CodeCentral, and the
normal ISO link is separate, Gabor gave the link
http://cc.embarcadero.com/results.aspx?keywords=%2biso+%2bxe

The installer still died with the ISO trying to download some datasnap
package (at least that's what was visible on the form before it stopped
responding).
Also even when installing from the ISO, you still have to manually pick
the ISO's Install folder, or the installer will try to download.

Oh, and FWIW, the installer still fails (like it did for last Delphis,
and like was reported each time) if you deselect things in the
installation options...

Eric
0
Eric
8/31/2010 3:20:19 PM
Eric Grange formulated on Tuesday :
> The installer still died with the ISO trying to download some datasnap
> package (at least that's what was visible on the form before it stopped
> responding).
> Also even when installing from the ISO, you still have to manually pick
> the ISO's Install folder, or the installer will try to download.
>
> Oh, and FWIW, the installer still fails (like it did for last Delphis,
> and like was reported each time) if you deselect things in the
> installation options...

Please log these 3 in QC.

Thanks,
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
 faith comforts the software engineer."
  -- Fred Brooks
0
Brad
8/31/2010 3:50:13 PM
Moritz Beutel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Jani Alanen wrote:
>
> > The modified files should be clearly marked as such in the Project
> > Manager and file tab
>
> yes, that would be a nice feature.

I have absolutely no idea what you guys mean. Can you create a mockup or better to
say a faked screenshot for that feature request?

> > and while I'm there I can make the commits too
>
> The IDE's "Commit" feature has this wonderful context menu which allows
> you to go directly to the history view of the specified file to see the
> differenes.

procedure TSvnCommitFrame.FilesDblClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  DoDiff(Sender);
end;

> > so the current "integration" is pretty much pointless...
>
> I think the integration with the "History" view is worth a lot.

Glad to hear that.
--
Uwe Schuster
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
0
Uwe
8/31/2010 3:54:22 PM
wang meng wrote:

> > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are
> > available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide
> > between now and Wednesday.
> >
> > http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi
> > http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > --
> > Tim Del Chiaro
> > Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism
> > and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
> >
> > Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM
>

> What I really know is that, the application compiled by delphi xe is
> larger again than previous version.  For delphi 2010, an application
> with an empty form is 798kb For delphi XE, is 896kb
>
> Is this a effect of improvement of compile speed?? just cut off the
> optimization?

One difference is that the "Debug" configuration now turns off
optimization by default (it should have been in previous releases). It
also has stack frames on and assersions on. Try and compare Release
configs. Those should be closer. Some growth is still likely, but it
should be smaller than you're seeing.

--
Allen Bauer
Embarcadero Chief Scientist
Uwe Schuster wrote:

> wang meng wrote:
>
> > What I really know is that, the application compiled by delphi xe is
> > larger again than previous version.  For delphi 2010, an application
> > with an empty form is 798kb For delphi XE, is 896kb
> >
> > Is this a effect of improvement of compile speed??
>
> No.
>
> > just cut off the optimization?
>
> Definitely not.
>
> The difference is mainly the new default icon resources (5 icons
> instead of one and the biggest is 73548 byte).

I'd forgotten about that one too.

--
Allen Bauer
Embarcadero Chief Scientist
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/abauer
0
Allen
8/31/2010 4:03:21 PM
> Please log these 3 in QC.

They were already reported back for D2009 (and maybe before, don't
remember).
They were re-reported for D2010.

Eric
0
Eric
8/31/2010 4:24:50 PM
Tim DelChiaro wrote:

> Tim Del Chiaro
> Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
> http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com

I know RadPHP, but what is "Delphi for PHP"? ;-)
--
Uwe Schuster
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
0
Uwe
8/31/2010 4:24:51 PM
> {quote:title=Kevin Powick wrote:}{quote}
> On 2010-08-30 17:15:29 -0400, Tim DelChiaro <> said:
>
> Section repeated.  "New Tools to Augment your Build Process"
>
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/whats-new
>
> --
> Kevin Powick

Fixed and will be live within an hour when the cache refreshes.

Thanks,

Tim
--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP
http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
0
Tim
8/31/2010 4:39:12 PM
Uwe Schuster wrote :
> Moritz Beutel wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Jani Alanen wrote:
>>
>>> The modified files should be clearly marked as such in the Project
>>> Manager and file tab
>>
>> yes, that would be a nice feature.
>
> I have absolutely no idea what you guys mean. Can you create a mockup or
> better to say a faked screenshot for that feature request?

In another visual IDE that shall remain unnamed,
the icons for the files change in the project manager
so that you can see at a glance which files are
locked, checked out, modified, etc.

HTH,
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
 faith comforts the software engineer."
  -- Fred Brooks
0
Brad
8/31/2010 4:43:11 PM
Made ~150 updated web pages and downloads live yesterday but forgot that edit. Thanks :-)

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP
http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com
0
Tim
8/31/2010 4:43:59 PM
Tim DelChiaro wrote:

> Fixed and will be live within an hour when the cache refreshes.

You rock, Tim :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
8/31/2010 7:31:27 PM
Just have a question regarding the $100 off the upgrade prices 'til the end of September.

I had a look at the online stores and they still list the price @ $399 for a Pro update.

Will the $100 be taken off during the check-out process of will the new update price be $100 more after then end of September?

Thanks

Steve
0
Steve
8/31/2010 9:39:47 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:

>> +1 day and counting.
>>
>> Edmund
>
> Checked your favorite spam box ??
> :-)
Yup.  I've checked all my spam boxes just in case Embarcadero's e-mails
uses quantum probabilities and decided to go to my other e-mail account.
;)

And I believe it's now +1 day for me.

Edmund
0
Edmund
9/1/2010 12:53:28 AM
John Kaster wrote:
> David Erbas-White wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that's good to know (and I'll take a look), but I was
>> directly responding to the "what's new" web page that was posted.  I
>> would have thought that was the perfect place for such information.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll suggest to Tim he add the
> documentation information there as well.

I was reading the feature matrix.  I think there's a spelling mistake.

In the Integrated Debugger section, 2nd last feature, it mentions the
following:

   "Additional command line tools ... utility to structurally analyze
    EXE, OJB, and LIB files..."

Shouldn't that be an OBJ file?   I've never encountered an OJB file.
(Of course, that doesn't mean they don't exist; but in this context,
I would believe OBJ is appropriate.)

Edmund
0
Edmund
9/1/2010 12:58:27 AM

> I was reading the feature matrix.  I think there's a spelling mistake.
>
> In the Integrated Debugger section, 2nd last feature, it mentions the
> following:
>
>    "Additional command line tools ... utility to structurally analyze
>     EXE, OJB, and LIB files..."
>
> Shouldn't that be an OBJ file?   I've never encountered an OJB file.
> (Of course, that doesn't mean they don't exist; but in this context,
> I would believe OBJ is appropriate.)

It's a test to see if anyone was taking notice.

Craig.
0
Craig
9/1/2010 1:32:58 AM
Edmund Wong wrote:

> Alf Christophersen wrote:
> > >
> >> +1 day and counting.
> > >
> >> Edmund
> >
> > Checked your favorite spam box ??
> > :-)
> Yup.  I've checked all my spam boxes just in case Embarcadero's
> e-mails uses quantum probabilities and decided to go to my other
> e-mail account.  ;)
>
> And I believe it's now +1 day for me.

By now it really is, you may want to contact somebody at EMBT to find
out what went wrong in your case.

--
Pieter

"I was asked to memorize what I did not understand; and, my
 memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that
 manner."
 -- Aleister Crowley
0
Pieter
9/1/2010 1:42:22 AM
Craig van Nieuwkerk wrote:

>>     "Additional command line tools ... utility to structurally analyze
>>      EXE, OJB, and LIB files..."
>>
>> Shouldn't that be an OBJ file?   I've never encountered an OJB file.
>> (Of course, that doesn't mean they don't exist; but in this context,
>> I would believe OBJ is appropriate.)
>>

> It's a test to see if anyone was taking notice.
>
> Craig.

Good. So I passed the test.  What do I get?  Two  years free SA?
<gd&rvvf>

Edmund
0
Edmund
9/1/2010 2:21:11 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> you may want to contact somebody at EMBT to find
> out what went wrong in your case.

Good advice. According to what I learned before getting on my flight,
all SA emails should have gone out by now.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
9/1/2010 1:02:31 PM
Edmund Wong wrote:

>  What do I get?

A sincere thank you, at least :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
9/1/2010 1:04:02 PM
Hello,

Uwe Schuster wrote:

> > > The modified files should be clearly marked as such in the Project
> > > Manager and file tab
> >
> > yes, that would be a nice feature.
>
> I have absolutely no idea what you guys mean. Can you create a mockup
> or better to say a faked screenshot for that feature request?

look at the AnkhSVN integration in Visual Studio:
http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/images/2.0/solexp.png

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
9/1/2010 3:22:16 PM
Kyle Miller wrote:

> Documentation and examples are addressed in the feature matrix PDF.
> Check it out.

Examples/demos are on Sourceforge under Subversion control - you can
pull them and we can keep updating them.

docwiki.embarcadero.com has been updated with new docs, pages, and code
examples for XE.

--
David Intersimone "David I"
Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist
"Edmund Wong" <ed@kdtc.net> wrote in message

> Good. So I passed the test.  What do I get?  Two  years free SA?

One free OJB of course!

:)

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
0
Wayne Niddery wrote:

> One free OJB of course!

LOL

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
9/1/2010 8:17:32 PM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> Great -- I almost responded to your previous post but thought better
> of it... <G>.  My main issue is that there seems to be so many places
> where one has to pick up the 'bits and pieces' of what's in the new
> release ("look at this blog", "look at this feature matrix", "look at
> this roadmap post") that I found it 'unsettling' that it wasn't in
> what I would view as the 'definitive document to show the new
> features'.

Michael Rozlog is building reviewer's guides for all of the products in
RAD Studio XE.  Each will describe and show with screen shots and text
what's new.

The Feature Matrix is probably the best overview of "what's new in
2010", "enhanced in 2010", "introduced in 2xxx" (for those who are on
older versions of Delphi and want to know all that is new.

The feature matrix also gives you what's in each edition -
professional, enterprise and architect.

--
David Intersimone "David I"
Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist
Embarcadero Technologies
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/
SkypeID: davidi99
Email: davidi@embarcadero.com
0
David
9/2/2010 6:04:47 PM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> Does the feature matrix give 'delta comparisons' with previous
> versions?    If not, then for EXISTING users, the "what's new"
> section is of primary importance.  I would probably agree that for
> NEW customers, the feature matrix is the primary reference.
>
> David Erbas-White

See my previous post and look at the feature matrix to see the "new",
"enhanced" and "introduced" tags.

--
David Intersimone "David I"
Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist
Embarcadero Technologies
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/
SkypeID: davidi99
Email: davidi@embarcadero.com
0
David
9/2/2010 6:05:34 PM
Michael Marshall wrote:

> From: "Michael Marshall" <info@kingstairs.com>
> Subject: Re: Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
> Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:25:37 -0700
>
> On 30-Aug-10 20:21, David Erbas-White wrote:

> I >>> would have thought that was the perfect place for such
> information.
> > >
> >> Thanks for pointing this out. I'll suggest to Tim he add the
> >> documentation information there as well.
> > >

> > Great -- I almost responded to your previous post but thought
> > better of it...<G>.  My main issue is that there seems to be so
> > many places where one has to pick up the 'bits and pieces' of
> > what's in the new release ("look at this blog", "look at this
> > feature matrix", "look at this roadmap post") that I found it
> > 'unsettling' that it wasn't in what I would view as the 'definitive
> > document to show the new features'.
> >
> > David Erbas-White
>
> I just downloaded the matrix PDF, and I have to say I am really
> unimpressed:
>
> 1. There is no logic to the ordering of items in each section. For
> example, at the top of page 2 (Personal Developer Productivity) you
> have D2009 items, D2010 items, and XE items all jumbled together with
> items presumably added in D2007 and earlier. At the least one would
> expect "New in XE" items to be first, followed by "Enhanced in XE"
> items and so on. It looks sloppy and last-minute!

Thanks for the feedback - will give to Product Management and Product
Marketing to see how they might update the matrix in the future.

If anyone has suggestions about  what format and organization they
would like for the feature matrix - besides "no logic to the ordering,
jumbled, etc" - that would be really helpful feedback.  if anyone wants
to take the feature matrix and re-organize it and send it to me - that
would be more than helpful - that would get you a special award.

> 2. Highlighting features added/enhanced in D2009/D2010 seems very
> strange: It gives the impression (true or not) that marketing is
> trying to pad the "NEW" items list to make XE look to have more
> new/enhanced stuff than it really does. For example, under
> Language/RTL Features, the ONLY new feature in XE is Regex support?

Reminder - some delphi developer are coming from older versions of
Delphi - not from Delphi 2010.

--
David Intersimone "David I"
Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist
Embarcadero Technologies
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/
SkypeID: davidi99
Email: davidi@embarcadero.com
0
David
9/2/2010 6:08:10 PM
Steve Gibbs wrote:

> Just have a question regarding the $100 off the upgrade prices 'til
> the end of September.
>
> I had a look at the online stores and they still list the price @
> $399 for a Pro update.
>
> Will the $100 be taken off during the check-out process of will the
> new update price be $100 more after then end of September?

Shop site says this about the Special Offer:

"Upgrade price reflects a $100 introductory discount through September
30, 2010". Starting October 1, 2010 the upgrade of price goes up to
$499.

--
David Intersimone "David I"
Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist
Embarcadero Technologies
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/
SkypeID: davidi99
Email: davidi@embarcadero.com
0
David
9/2/2010 6:23:45 PM
David Intersimone wrote:

> Michael Rozlog is building reviewer's guides for all of the products
> in RAD Studio XE.  Each will describe and show with screen shots and
> text what's new.

Wow, that's a lot of work :)

I look forward to seeing it! I'll remind Mike I'm happy to review them
for him.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com
0
John
9/2/2010 8:59:54 PM
David Intersimone wrote:

> If anyone has suggestions about  what format and organization they
> would like for the feature matrix - besides "no logic to the ordering,
> jumbled, etc" - that would be really helpful feedback.

You could store the data in a database and let the interested person run
different queries (both through the web and as a downloadable program). You
could probably showcase some of your technologies that way, too...

Then the old customer that wants to see "What's new in XE only?" will have
that possibility, the prospect that wants to know "what can Delphi do?" can
get the full list, and so on...

The list of fixed bugs could also be incorporated in the same database.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: http://www.blockcad.net
Moritz Beutel wrote:

> > > yes, that would be a nice feature.
> >
> > I have absolutely no idea what you guys mean. Can you create a
> > mockup or better to say a faked screenshot for that feature request?
>
> look at the AnkhSVN integration in Visual Studio:
> http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/images/2.0/solexp.png

Thanks for this. I think it would look much more familiar with the
icons that several Tortoise clients are using, but at least I've got
now what it is all about.

Unfortunately there is no API for this yet. Consider filing a feature
request in QC for it.
--
Uwe Schuster
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
0
Uwe
9/3/2010 1:43:51 PM
Am 03.09.2010 08:33, schrieb Anders Isaksson:
> David Intersimone wrote:
>
>> If anyone has suggestions about  what format and organization they
>> would like for the feature matrix - besides "no logic to the ordering,
>> jumbled, etc" - that would be really helpful feedback.
>
> You could store the data in a database and let the interested person run
> different queries (both through the web and as a downloadable program). You
> could probably showcase some of your technologies that way, too...
>
> Then the old customer that wants to see "What's new in XE only?" will have
> that possibility, the prospect that wants to know "what can Delphi do?" can
> get the full list, and so on...
>
> The list of fixed bugs could also be incorporated in the same database.

That's a great idea!
Why not create a QC feature request for this? Is there a EDN QC area?
John? ;-)

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
9/5/2010 12:43:16 PM
Markus Humm wrote:

> That's a great idea!

Yes, it is. It's been on the todo list for about 10 years ;)

> Why not create a QC feature request for this?

That's a good idea, too.

> Is there a EDN QC area?

Yes, but this shouldn't be a QC feature. It is very different than the
goal of QC.

It should be a separate application with links named lists of QC reports. (Named lists will be a new feature of the next QC release).

FWIW, QualityCentral has its own project in QC.
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?p=400

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com
Got source?  http://cc.embarcadero.com

Edited by: John Kaster on Sep 5, 2010 11:08 AM fixed typo
0
John

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...

Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE
I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and D7 as "Dee seven". How about the following XE shortcut names: Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie* RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie* Tough ones: RadPHP XE: ???? C++Builder XE: ???? Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Complete Time Tracking http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/ > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools? > {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote} > > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* > > ...

C++Builder XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Hm. I was waiting for the final release notes to appear before I'd make up my mind about the new XE-release - and here they are. I've bought every C++ Compiler Bor...

Free Exam Offer for Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE Users, can't get test code
Hello, Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? Am 31.07.2011 20:07, schrieb Andrei Chketov: > Hello, > > Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". > Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? In which time zone are you? You might want to contact EMBT directly (e...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

ANN: RealThinClient SDK v4.52 Starter edition now available for Delphi 2009, 2010, XE and XE2
RealThinClient SDK v4.52 Starter edition is now available as a FREE download for RAD Studio / Delphi 2009, 2010, XE and XE2 (Win32). For more information about the RTC SDK "Starter" edition and to download your RealThinClient SDK Starter edition copy, visit: http://www.realthinclient.com/files What is the RealThinClient SDK? http://www.realthinclient.com/about.htm Best Regards, Danijel Tkalcec -- RealThinClient components http://www.realthinclient.com Thanks Daniel, Unfortunately the link provided on http://www.realthinclient.com/files/ to http://www.realthin...

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

TTrayIcon under c++Biuilder XE ? not same functionnalities as delphi XE [Edit]
Hello I had in my old c++Builder5 project a TTrayIcon object thar was very usefull to minimize and restore my application to and from the tray icon bar I want to use it under c++Builder XE but some methods have disappeared as Trayicon1->Minimize and trayIcon1->Restore() ; so i have had to rewrite my code to minimize my appli i have written Application->Minimize(); for (int i=0; i < Screen->FormCount; i++) { Screen->Forms[i]->Hide(); } this code is running and i get my icon in the tray icon bar with no problem Now i'd like to restore my appli so ...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Delphi XE Update 1 is now available
Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available. It's available first through the auto update system. It should be available from the registered users download pages within two hours and available in the full product installers and ISOs for purchasers, customers and trial downloaders next week. For more information, see the following. Update 1 or Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Readme http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40881 Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Fix List http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40984 Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketi...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Suspected UK extremist and English-speaking boy warn of attacks in Isis clip - World news - The Guardian ...
Intelligence agencies investigate after video purportedly showing murder of five people is presented by British-sounding man and boy in military ...

‘The Force Awakens’ Has Changed The ‘Star Wars’ Universe To A Franchise Like Marvel And ‘Star Trek’
Star Wars: The Force Awakens fans contribute their feedback regarding the “expanded universe” when it comes to ushering the space opera back ...

Blasts heard at Indian air base near Pakistan border day after attack, militants still at large
Indian security forces battle militants still at large at an air base near the Pakistan border for a second day.

The Latest: Oregon Standoff Latest in Dispute With Feds
The Latest: Armed protesters at Oregon wildlife refuge call militia to join them

Chris Brown I'm On the Attack Now I'm Suing My Accuser
TMZ.com Chris Brown I'm On the Attack Now I'm Suing My Accuser TMZ.com 0103-chris-brown-liziane-gutierrez-TMZ-02 Chris Brown has a warning ...

3 in custody in killing of Mexican suburb's mayor less than a day after she ...
Miami Herald 3 in custody in killing of Mexican suburb's mayor less than a day after she ... Miami Herald Three people, including a minor, ...

Poland ready to offer David Cameron EU welfare deal in exchange for Nato bases
Polish Foreign Minister says opposition to British welfare plans could be softened with deal over Nato bases

Body Cam Footage Shows Horrifying Moment Police Taser Suicidal Man With Machete And Blowtorch As House ...
Police in West Jordan, Utah, were called to the scene of a domestic disturbance on New Year’s Eve after a man, 36-year-old Brandon Morgan, was ...

Tel Aviv shooting: suspect 'wanted to avenge cousin's death' - World news - The Guardian
Man suspected to be behind bar attack that killed two is Arab Israeli whose relative was allegedly killed by police