delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Hi,
I'm trying to use a delphi.NET dll in delphi.WIN32. I am currently using CodeGear Delphi 2007 with version2(base version) of .NET
I can get the dll to import into the WIN32 application the only problem is when i include things such as: "using Classes,DateUtils, SysUtils" in the .NET dll the win32 application will instantly hang when any of the dll functions are called.
Any help would be great thanks.

Also I have tried this example and it also crashes for me? http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/22688
-Braden
0
Braden

I also found this..

"The problem is that, wehn you install .NET 2.0, it assumes to register existing assemblies as .NET 2.0.  Running GACUTIL (the one in the 1.1 directory) will make .NET 1.1 run the code in your assembly." http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/Q_23068910.html

now how would I fix it?
0
Braden
7/21/2009 10:42:31 AM
> {quote:title=Braden Murphy wrote:}{quote}
> I also found this..
>
> "The problem is that, wehn you install .NET 2.0, it assumes to register existing assemblies as .NET 2.0.  Running GACUTIL (the one in the 1.1 directory) will make .NET 1.1 run the code in your assembly." http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/Q_23068910.html
>
> now how would I fix it?

Run the GACUTIL that's in the .NET 2.0 directory - on my machine, it's in %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin
0
Ken
7/21/2009 1:26:17 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> Run the GACUTIL that's in the .NET 2.0 directory - on my machine, it's in %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin

and how would i use that with my program? Sorry I'm not quite sure how to do this..

well I got gacutil.exe to add my dll to cache...now what? my win32 exe is still crashing:/

Edited by: Braden Murphy on Jul 21, 2009 7:19 AM
0
Braden

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Api to skydrive delphi or delphi.net
Dear Good afternoon ... Does anyone have any idea or some documentation on how to implement or delphi.net via delphi api to access skydrive files. Thank you for your help. ...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

.net app using Delphi DLL
Is anyone using a Delphi DLL from .NET 4.0 successfully? I get sporadic failures in the DLL if called from a 4.0 app. Called from a 2.0/3.5 app, everything works fine. Anyone else seen this? DLL is compiled with D2007. Reviewed calling conventions and everything seems to be StdCall as appropriate. Thanks, Brad. --   C++: an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog -- unknown "Brad White" <bwhiteDONTINCLUDE@inebraska.com> wrote in message news:310851@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is anyone using a Delphi DLL from .NET 4.0 successfu...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

revisited: .NET app using Delphi DLL
I was blaming the VS .NET 4.0 debugger because that was what changed when the error surfaced. But consider this code: {code:C#} static void Main() { for (int i = 30; i < 50; i++) { AddToList(i); } } {code} Full code at the bottom of the message. Depending on how I assign the value of StrArray, I may or may not get the error, but on LrgStr, not StrArray. {code:Delphi} procedure AddToList(value: int64); stdcall; var TempStr, LrgStr: String; begin TempStr := IntToStr(value); Str :=...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Web resources about - delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech