Delphi Tools -Configure

Hi All,

Can we have an option under Delphi Tools=>Configure Tools to include
"run as administrator" please?

regards

SeaCay
0
Colin

> {quote:title=Colin Kemp wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All,
>
> Can we have an option under Delphi Tools=>Configure Tools to include
> "run as administrator" please?

You should add a feature request in QC.

In the mean time, you can build your own.  In his forst screencast, Jim McKeeth demonstrates how to create a new Tools menu item to open the current file from the IDE in Windows Explorer.  You could do something similar using the RunAs command and the $EXENAME macro.

http://www.delphi.org/2008/09/screencast-1-adding-an-explore-tool/

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:46:51 -0700, Colin Kemp wrote:

> Can we have an option under Delphi Tools=>Configure Tools to include
> "run as administrator" please?

This article contains some ways you can elevate a process which might
help:
http://4sysops.com/archives/vista%E2%80%99s-uac-8-ways-how-to-elevate-an-application-to-run-it-with-administrator-rights/

You could also use the elevate powertoy:
http://www.realtime-vista.com/command_line_tools/2007/09/run_commands_elevated_in_batch.htm

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

ANN: wxForms for Delphi

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi Tools -Configure - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Configure Custom Brightness Levels For When Your iPhone Is Plugged In With This Jailbreak Tweak
It’s already possible to configure a custom brightness level for iDevices when un plugged, but now a new jailbreak tweak (called “BrightnessPlug”) ...

Configure - Apple
With top-of-the-line Intel processors, HD graphics, and ultrafast Thunderbolt ports, MacBook Pro does more than ever. Faster than ever.

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Install OS X Server and Configure Xcode Server
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features. To run Xcode Server, you must first install and configure OS ...

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Official: It's time to configure your 2014 Porsche Cayman
Filed under: Car Buying , LA Auto Show , Coupe , Performance , Porsche , Luxury With its configurator gone live, you can spend some time getting ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...