Delphi licensing question

Hello!

I am using Delphi 7 (developer licence). For debugging purposes I would like to install a copy of Delphi on a production server owned by a business partner. This computer is a dedicated server used only for our system and I am the only one one who would be using Delphi installled on this server.

Am I allowed to do this or is there another way (Remote debugging is out of the question for security reasons)

Thank you for your answers
Habo
0
habo
10/8/2009 12:09:12 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5934 articles. 1 followers. Follow

habo habo schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I am using Delphi 7 (developer licence). For debugging purposes I would like to install a copy of Delphi on a production server owned by a business partner. This computer is a dedicated server used only for our system and I am the only one one who would be using Delphi installled on this server.
>
> Am I allowed to do this or is there another way (Remote debugging is out of the question for security reasons)
>
> Thank you for your answers
> Habo

Hello,

afaik the Delphi licence allows you to install it on the other PC as
long as you can guarantee that only one of these two installations is
run at any given time.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
10/8/2009 6:32:53 PM
> {quote:title=Markus Humm wrote:}{quote}
> habo habo schrieb:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am using Delphi 7 (developer licence). For debugging purposes I would like to install a copy of Delphi on a production server owned by a business partner. This computer is a dedicated server used only for our system and I am the only one one who would be using Delphi installled on this server.
> >
> > Am I allowed to do this or is there another way (Remote debugging is out of the question for security reasons)
> >
> > Thank you for your answers
> > Habo
>
> Hello,
>
> afaik the Delphi licence allows you to install it on the other PC as
> long as you can guarantee that only one of these two installations is
> run at any given time.
>
> Greetings
>
> Markus

Thank you for your answer. I just wasnt sure, if this also includes a computer owned by somone else.
Habo
0
habo
10/9/2009 5:27:43 AM
I would want to be sure, if I was you, that this version on the
customer's site was uninstalled after your debug work is finished.  If
they have delphi developers on staff, they should buy their own delphi
license.    Otherwise it's you who is pirating it for them.

Warren

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi licensing question [Edit]
I'm hoping someone can tell me where to find an answer to this question. I recently upgraded to Delphi 2010. Despite some nervousness prompted by posts I'd read here and elsewhere, I'm finding migration of Delphi 5 projects reasonably straightforward after a few key units of shared code were manually converted. I have Delphi 2010 on my desktop. I would also like it on my laptop for when I'm on the road. Does Embarcadero offer any cheaper way to achieve this than purchasing another full license? Other software I use allows me to install on both machines but only use one at...

Delphi 2009 book and licensing question
G'day guys, I was hoping I could get some help with a little dilema I have. I've toyed with Delphi on and off over the years, and haven't made anything really serious, but from what I have used of it, I actually enjoyed it. Kind of ironic for someone who is studying policing as a career. :-) I would like to teach myself Delphi, and seeing that D2009 is out, does anyone know of any reasonably good books (either specifically written for D2009 or not significantly out of date) that would give me a run down of the language and the IDE? It's been a long time since I have u...

Finally trying out Delphi Prism (WinForms) and licensing question...
So after downloading the Delphi Prism trial I finally found some time to try out basic things. I wrote a Hello Prism program. A form, three buttons, one text field. First button ("Hello") displays a message box saying "Hello, Prism!". Second button says ("Message") is disabled unless something is typed in the text field and disabled again if the text is deleted. If pressed it displays in a message box whatever had been typed into the text field. Third button ("Quit") and the close button of the window do the same thing: call a method that displays a m...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi licensing question - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Copyright Licensing Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article reads like a news release , or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. Please help by either rewriting this article ...

Supshot: photo sharing and licensing in one app
We’ve established that I’m not much of a photographer, but this seems like a good idea to me. The app is free to download on the App Store.

Licensing.biz - LinkedIn
A place for like-minded licensing industry professionals to meet and exchange ideas.

How does turntable.fm's licensing work?
3 question followers. Be the first to answer.

Hulu Licensing Twat Up - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seriously hulu, I know you're working out deals with distributes but remember, a link in the inter-tubes is global and some of us aren't 'fortunate' ...

Licensing Gone Wild: Armed Government Agents Raiding Barber Shops - YouTube
IJ CITY STUDIES: http://ij.org/citystudies PAUL SHERMAN: http://ij.org/staff/627 POWER OF ONE: http://ij.org/about/3425 NEWS ARTICLE: http://bit.ly/ddqEGA ...

New licensing law for UAE transport firms
Companies will be charged varying amounts for each vehicle depending on what it carries, with tough penalties for those who fail to pay

Man behind famous Windows XP wallpaper wishes he'd negotiated a better licensing deal
The default Windows XP wallpaper containing rolling green hills, blue sky and fluffy white clouds may be more recognisable than the Mona Lisa, ...

Brand Licensing Europe 2015: YouTube Stars and European Americana
The European licensing market has been growing. The region is now responsible for 25% of the world's licensed merchandise sold at retail, according ...

Qualcomm could face fines in Korea over licensing practices
... 10 percent, hitting a four year low, following revelations that an antitrust investigation in South Korea has raised issues over its licensing ...