Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE

Hi,

I took some time to test Delphi XE3 and XE7 on Linux / WINE and was surprised that it works (with some issues).

The installation is also not straight forward, but I have written a How-to on appdb.winehq.org:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see the Installation How-to at the bottom)

I'm going to test for all Delphi versions that I have access to in the near future.

You can see the debugger in action here: :)

http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/

--
Regards
Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH

Delphi IDE running on Linux / WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this and have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not straigh...

Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE #2
Hi, I took some time to test Delphi XE3 and XE7 on Linux / WINE and was surprised that it works (with some issues). The installation is also not straight forward, but I have written a How-to on appdb.winehq.org: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see the Installation How-to at the bottom) I'm going to test for all Delphi versions that I have access to in the near future. You can see the debugger in action here: :) http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/ -- Regards Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH ...

Delphi IDE running on Linux using WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this. I have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not strai...

Delphi 64bit versus Delphi Mac/Linux
interesting comments... http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 "Ralf Stocker" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:127800@forums.codegear.com... > interesting comments... > http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 A very small fraction of Delphi users actually need the memory access of 64 bit, and 32 bit apps will work the same on x64 anyway. A small fraction of Delphi users actually need cross-platform support. I'm not sure if having either first will 'save' Delphi from the 'traditional' tools for each platform (VS, Cocoa, Eclipse, et...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi XE5
Hi, While I'm overly satisfied with Delphi XE5 (beside a few weird things), there is 1 thing that is really annoying: the non stop hourglass in the IDE. When I double click a word to select: hourglass. When I move the cursor 2 spaces: hourglass. Scrolling: hourglass. When typing a few characters: hourglass. And this is really all the time. The IDE freezes and I'm losing a lot of time always waiting to continue. I'm wondering why Embarcadero doesn't fix issues like this. I discovered that turning off "Code par ameters", "Tooltip expression evaluation", &q...

Running Delphi SoapServer on Linux using Wine
Has anyone managed to run a Delphi SoapServer on a Linux using wine? Last time I tried I was getting some OLE errors. Sandeep ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Web resources about - Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech