Delphi Haters Blog is no more?

Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
have closed its doors.

http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
> have closed its doors.

I know some "widows" out there that are crying right now...
0
Alexandre
8/4/2015 10:03:38 PM
> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
> > have closed its doors.
>
> I know some "widows" out there that are crying right now...

LOL!

Man I needed that laugh today, thanks!
0
Abdullah
8/7/2015 7:59:07 AM
So Delphi won't keep up with the Kardashians?
0
Gilbert
8/7/2015 1:40:55 PM
Gilbert Padilla wrote:

> So Delphi won't keep up with the Kardashians?

I don't know what you're getting at.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems to
> have closed its doors.
>
> http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/

Who cares... not me...

http://www.isdelphidead.com/

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Bruce McGee wrote:

>>I don't know what you're getting at.

An Analogy of celebrities people have a Love-Hate relationship with.
0
Gilbert
8/8/2015 4:57:03 PM
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems
> > to have closed its doors.
> >
> > http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/
> >

> Who cares... not me...

The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
"Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.

Still makes me chuckle...

> > As for Delphi itself... Still very much not dead.
> >

> http://www.isdelphidead.com/

That's what I've been telling people. I just use more words.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Gilbert Padilla wrote:

> Bruce McGee wrote:
>
> > > I don't know what you're getting at.
>
> An Analogy of celebrities people have a Love-Hate relationship with.

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense.

If you're going that route, a better analogy might be some gossip rag
going under whose whole business model has been making stuff up about
George Clooney, yet he's still making movies.

Just sayin...

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM
0
Charles
8/10/2015 3:24:58 PM
Charles Dupont wrote:
> As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
> apathy.

+1

It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.
0
Dominique
8/10/2015 7:03:22 PM
Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed' ... assuming the story told was correct. They had good reason ...

But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism. I never understood why he/they praised Borland and put all the blame on EMB. They seemed to project a vision of their expectations and ... compared to Delphi or C++ Builder.

If people want they stay honest they should stay away from software business in general or at least stop looking behind the scenes. Lies written down with chalk at the Boulevard of broken dreams in a pouring rain. That's IT business.

> {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> Charles Dupont wrote:
> > As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
> > apathy.
>
> +1
>
> It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
> accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
0
Charles Dupont wrote:

> Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It was
> occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful information
> now and then.  Not many would bother creating such a site unless they
> had at least a love/hate relationship with the product -- ie, there
> was some passion. As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
> apathy.
>
> Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM

Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
alternate view. It was more along the lines of active misinformation.

Useless...

People who really want to express their opinions have much better
options.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Michael Thuma wrote:
> Lies
> written down with chalk at the Boulevard of broken dreams in a
> pouring rain. That's IT business.

LOL! Excellent, Michael.
0
Dominique
8/10/2015 9:21:56 PM
Michael Thuma wrote:

> [People should] stop looking behind the scenes.

"Don't look behind the green curtain, Dorothy!"
--
don't Tred on me
0
> {quote:title=Michael Thuma wrote:}{quote}
> Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed'

I don't know this story....

> But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism.

Tons of lies and FUD. That's all.
0
Alexandre
8/11/2015 4:56:48 AM
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Charles Dupont wrote:
>
> > Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It was
> > occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful information
> > now and then.  Not many would bother creating such a site unless they
> > had at least a love/hate relationship with the product -- ie, there
> > was some passion. As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
> > apathy.
> >
> > Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM
>
> Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
> alternate view. It was more along the lines of active misinformation.
>
> Useless...

Disagree. Some examples...

Going from memory here but there was an architectural issue with, I think, SOAP, and he had a link to a reasonable analysis of the problem.

I learned about DelphiFeeds on the DHB. That he referred to it in a disparaging way makes no difference to me.

It was something to look at when this site is offline :/
0
Charles
8/11/2015 5:13:41 PM
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > > Delphi Haters' Blog (the Harold Camping of the Delphi world) seems
> > > to have closed its doors.
> > >
> > > http://delphihaters.blogspot.ca/
> > >

> > Who cares... not me...
>
> The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
> "Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.

You know what real irony is? That you were watching soap boxes and
had to share its demise ;-)

I would never notice that this blog has vanished because I never followed it
(I might have read some articles shared through some links here and there,
maybe even had few laughs, can't remember...)

And even if I did find out I would never have the need to spread that information around.

The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal about you, too.

Me? Still don't care either way.... Actually, I don't even care about this whole thread
but obviously I have nothing better to do now....

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0

From a technical perspective I think they were aiming at building infrastructure that should provide something we know as KAFKA ... but built with Delphi combined with Intraweb. Delphi was presented to 'the' hater as the Jack of all trades. Then you can very quickly come to the conclusion that maybe Delphi ships both the performant code of the MS C compiler combined with convenience .net does offer.

It was the truth from their perspective. The reality is that scary. But making Delphi the product responsible for the behavior of the people was scary too.

The blog lasted too long. Simply because what could have been will never come and anything else is here anyway (in general).

> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Michael Thuma wrote:}{quote}
> > Somehow in the beginning. Once you get to know the story of the 'hater' (the speaker) and why he was 'pissed'
>
> I don't know this story....
>
> > But about 3 or almost 4 years ago he started to fool the Delphi developers and the focus moved away from constructive criticism.
>
> Tons of lies and FUD. That's all.

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
0
Michael
8/11/2015 8:23:28 PM
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}

> > > Who cares... not me...
> >
> > The irony of Delphi outliving the soap box of some self proclaimed
> > "Delphi Hater" is just too rich to ignore.
> >

> You know what real irony is? That you were watching soap boxes and
> had to share its demise ;-)

Not so much.

Someone else pointed it out to me.

> The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
> about you, too.

That Delphi trolls are a pet peeve of mine?

I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't know this already.

> Me? Still don't care either way.... Actually, I don't even care about
> this whole thread but obviously I have nothing better to do now....

And yet you are replying...

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
Charles Dupont wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > Charles Dupont wrote:
> >
> > > Personally, I don't think it's a good sign the blog shut down. It
> > > was occasionally entertaining and even provided some useful
> > > information now and then.  Not many would bother creating such a
> > > site unless they had at least a love/hate relationship with the
> > > product -- ie, there was some passion. As they say, the opposite
> > > of love isn't hate, it's apathy.
> > >
> > > Edited by: Charles Dupont on Aug 10, 2015 8:24 AM
> >
> > Whatever their reasoning, this was far from some kind of reasonable
> > alternate view. It was more along the lines of active
> > misinformation.
> >
> > Useless...
> >

> Disagree. Some examples...
>
> Going from memory here but there was an architectural issue with, I
> think, SOAP, and he had a link to a reasonable analysis of the
> problem.
>
> I learned about DelphiFeeds on the DHB. That he referred to it in a
> disparaging way makes no difference to me.

Mixed with a lot of fud and downright malicious misinformation.

> It was something to look at when this site is offline :/

That's a lot of time to fill.

Here are some other suggestions. Hurry, before the forums go down again.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=673404&tstart=0#673404

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
>

> Someone else pointed it out to me.

Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> >

> > Someone else pointed it out to me.
> >

> Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.

Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

May's Law: The quality of correlation is inverely proportional to
the density of control. (The fewer the data points, the smoother
the curves.)
0
Rudy
8/12/2015 7:49:29 AM
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > >

> > > Someone else pointed it out to me.
> > >

> > Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...
>
> I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.
>
> Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

Thanks.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Am 12.08.2015 um 09:49 schrieb Rudy Velthuis (TeamB):
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
>>> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
>>>

>>> Someone else pointed it out to me.
>>>

>> Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...
>
> I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for rvelthuis.de.
>
> Try http://praxis-velthuis.de/rdc/

Good to know. Thanks.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/12/2015 4:52:08 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for
> rvelthuis.de.

Hi Rudy,

I use the same host.  Was it a problem with your specific setup, or
something in general about their service that I might want to be on the
lookout for?  Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Van

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment." - Will Rogers
0
Van
8/12/2015 7:31:54 PM
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> >

> > Someone else pointed it out to me.
> >

> Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...

As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

What point were you trying to make, here?

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > >

> > > Someone else pointed it out to me.
> > >

> > Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...
>
> As Rudy points out, no it isn't.

My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

> What point were you trying to make, here?

Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not sure
if message would get through... I just overreacted to your "irony" remark...

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}

> > > Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...
> >
> > As Rudy points out, no it isn't.
> >

> My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...
>
> > What point were you trying to make, here?
> >

> Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
> sure if message would get through...

If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.

> I just overreacted to your
> "irony" remark...

I appreciate you saying so.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}

> > > As Rudy points out, no it isn't.
> > >

> > My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...
> >
> > > What point were you trying to make, here?
> > >

> > Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
> > sure if message would get through...
>
> If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
> probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.

Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...

But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most likely
go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere along the lines
that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never intended to make any
other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it would be like comparing
apples and stones.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}

> > > My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

> > > Never mind, it would take me far too long to explain, and I am not
> > > sure if message would get through...
> >
> > If it made any kind of equivalence between Rudy and DHB, then you're
> > probably right; I wouldn't accept the premise.
> >

> Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...
>
> But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most
> likely go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere
> along the lines that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never
> intended to make any other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it
> would be like comparing apples and stones.

Fair enough.

I am still doing a small dance of joy over the demise of DHB.

Anyone who wants a real discussion can look at some of the other
options I posted.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

> {quote:title=John Treder wrote:}{quote}
> "Don't look behind the green curtain, Dorothy!"

--
Delphi Programming is fun. Hilarious.
0
Michael
8/13/2015 8:06:01 PM
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> > {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}

> > > Just FYI Rudy's blog is gone too...
> >
> > As Rudy points out, no it isn't.
> >

> My mistake. But it is no longer in the same place...

But it will be, soon, I hope.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Laurel and Hardy, that's John and Yoko. And we stand a better
 chance under that guise because all the serious people like
 Martin Luther King, Jr. and Kennedy and Gandhi got shot."
 -- John Lennon
0
Rudy
8/14/2015 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> Charles Dupont wrote:
> > As they say, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's
> > apathy.
>
> +1
>
> It certainly was entertaining and sometimes even informative. On both
> accounts more so than the usual astroturfers in here.

+1.
0
Dejan
8/17/2015 9:17:04 PM
> Quite the opposite, those two sites are totally different...
>
> But your comment just proves that explaining my point would most likely
> go into completely wrong direction... It would go somewhere along the lines
> that blogs come and go (or get moved). I never intended to make any
> other comparison between Rudy's blog and DHB, it would be like comparing
> apples and stones.
>
> --
> Dalija Prasnikar

You are right, but that was not a blog. The man (or woman) behind that was just in his personal war against Delphi (and the company/people behind it) as well as against other Delphi related products (like IntraWeb and people behind it).
The interesting part, though, is that the hater guy never let any comment proving that he was wrong go though (or any comment that I wrote there challenging him to prove some really stupid lie that he wrote).
Once, in the university, I used to write programs in C, Fortran, Basic. Some of these languages, I really, really hate. However, if I create a blog just to tell bad things about one of those languages, I really think I should have some head tomography...
So, the fact that a well known lunatic ceased his activities is indeed interesting. Maybe someone put him in a straitjacket.
0
Alexandre
8/18/2015 2:06:39 AM
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

> The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
> about you, too.

Yes, it tells us that he doesn't like misinformation and that he thinks
it is good that a genuine source of misinformation, always telling that
Delphi is dying, actually died itself while Delphi is still doing
splendidly.

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Basically, I no longer work for anything but the sensation I
 have while working."
 -- Albert Giacometti (sculptor)
0
Rudy
8/18/2015 9:54:45 AM
Van Swofford wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > I just moved it, for now. Problems with the ISP (1&1) for
> > rvelthuis.de.
>
> Hi Rudy,
>
> I use the same host.  Was it a problem with your specific setup, or
> something in general about their service that I might want to be on
> the lookout for?  Thanks!

I had to use another ISP when we moved (because that was the only way
to get telephone and Internet in a reasonable time), so I had to cancel
1&1. I still have problems obtaining the authinfo to re-use my domain.
I even intend to use 1&1 as host again, but only for the website, not
as Internet- or telephony provider.
--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
 -- John Morley
0
Rudy
8/18/2015 9:57:44 AM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Dalija Prasnikar wrote:
>
> > The fact that you are enjoying that fact so much tells great deal
> > about you, too.
>
> Yes, it tells us that he doesn't like misinformation and that he
> thinks it is good that a genuine source of misinformation, always
> telling that Delphi is dying, actually died itself while Delphi is
> still doing splendidly.

Plus there was a lot of chuckling.

Anyone who thinks I should feel bad about something called the Delphi
Haters' Blog going belly up is out of their ever loving mind.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

The Delphi haters blog ...
http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/ Have fun reading. Nils "Nils Dzubiel" wrote in message news:229298@forums.embarcadero.com... > http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/ > > Have fun reading. Good grief, what is the guy on about? I can't tell whether there is anything his arguments, because they are obscured beneath a mountain of unstructured verbiage. He needs to learn to write cogently and concisely. Then his arguments might receive their due consideration. SteveT Nils Dzubiel wrote: > http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/ > > Have fun...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Whats the deal with this delphi haters blog?
http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/ There are some complete bull crap posts there, anyone know who is behind it? Just wondering as it popped up when I was doing a search for 64bit delphi and Firemonkey. > {quote:title=Tony Caduto wrote:}{quote} > http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/ > I particularly enjoyed this fine entry: "David I's article want more peace reminded me of the 1960's - when the Roosevelt administration authorized the dropping of the Atomic Bomb." Roosevelt was long dead in the 60s, and it was Truman who authorised dropping it.........

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi Haters Blog is no more? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech