Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 migration - Best practices guide?

Hello,

for migrating a Delphi 7 application to Delphi 2009, I wonder if there
is some kind of best practices guide available? For example, general
pitfalls to watch out, ... or a tool which analyse the current code base
  in respect to problems with Delphi 2009.

Basically it is a BDE based application accessing a MSSQL database. The
only third-party component in use is an ActiveX thingy integrating a
reporting engine.

Thanks,
Thomas
0
Thomas

At CodeRage 2008 session there is this

Migrating your Applications to the Latest Delphi
Many developers use Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006 or 2007. This session describes how to get from there to more recent Delphi versions. Using a business case where a large insurance company ported 100+ applications in half a year from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2006 with some added notes about Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009, you will learn how to handle such a process.
VIEW VIDEO REPLAY http://cc.codegear.com/Download.aspx?id=26396
0
Hugues

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

What flavour of Delphi would be better for me to migrate to, from Delphi 2009 Architect?
Hello. I do single development and need access to database tools, so I have today bought the updated Devarts Unidac for D2009E, since my previous version was from back in 2010. Then I thought, why not take the full step, when I'm in the move anyway. Have read a lot in ng's of slower compiler and about drowning in new stuff that does Delphi harder to get productive, with my knowledge level. I'm now, for me, doing the biggest project ever, so perhaps I should take the step now, but fear the time consuming consequences. Perhaps the time needed for the project itself will h...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 migration - Best practices guide? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bacterium in Otzi the Iceman's stomach provides human migration clues
An insight into the peopling of Europe has emerged from an unlikely source: the stomach contents of a 5300-year-old body pulled from a thawing ...

Sydney Festival review: The Migration's brilliance undermined by flawed sound
Australian jazz made a welcome return to Sydney Festival with the premiere of Stu Hunter's new suite.

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

Is Apple really building an iOS to Android migration tool?
Apple is rumored to be working on a tool that will make it easier for iOS users to migrate to Android, following pressure from major European ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist
Hopping on the bandwagon started by Stephen Kenwright’s blog post on website migration for SEO . From that you know that if a site migration ...

Sex assaults inflame Germany’s migration battle
Scores of alleged sexual assaults against German women have added another dimension to the country’ s fraught debate over migration. The FT reports. ...

Apple iOS 9.3 download and the mystery of Android migration
The Apple iOS 9.3 download is now available (a beta, natch). Richi rounds up the interesting features, but also ponders the rumor that Cupertino ...