Delphi 6 - dcc32 options used for debug dcus of VCL?

In preparation for applying a bug fix to one of the VCL modules (AxCtrls.pas), I have been trying to compile the original source code for the module in order to reproduce exactly the existing dcu.

I have copied AxCtrls.pas to an empty directory, and have found that doing:

dcc32 -q AxCtrls -$D- -$L-

gives me a dcu which is identical in size to the one on Delphi6/Lib, with identical contents except for a few bytes near the beginning, which I assume are a compliation timestamp.

However, I have been unsuccessful in duplicating the debug dcu in Delphi6/Lib/Debug. Using "-$D+ -$L+" doesn't make it quite large enough. I have tried adding various combinations of -$M+, -$O-, -$Q+, -$R+ and -$W+, but have not succeeded in hitting the exact size.

Does anyone here know for certain what compiler options were used when compiling the original Debug DCUs?

Thanks in advance
Tony
0
Tony
3/15/2009 11:09:49 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5934 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Tony,

You should try any combinations of:

-$C // assertions
-$D // debug informations
-$I // I/O checking
-$L // local debugging symbols
-$O // optimizations
-$Q // overflow checking
-$R // range checking

I think that -$C+ -$D+ -$I+ -$L+ -$O- -$Q+ -$R+ should be a good start.

- Florent
0
Florent

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby So...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7
Hi I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS. I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7. Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use if i like to achieve my task? Pero perov wrote: > I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. That is not true. > Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what > have the lan...

To use or not to use Delphi
Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two threads, for and against using Delphi in new projects, with more or less the same users posting in both threads. Arguments are fiercely debated in both camps. Borland had their own vision. As a community, now that Delphi has changed ownership I believe we should try to be more consistent, more clear, and more articulate in what we expect from Embercadero in terms of Delphi. We can contribute to keeping Delphi alive and moving in the right direction. "Laurent Cocea" schrieb: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race ... <snip> Some people go fishing, some go to the movies, some like to take long walks on the beach, and then some like to type their fingers bloody discussing totally irrelevant issues on public Newsgroups. And my wife likes to watch soap operas and follow posts from a forum where new-baked parents are discussing their kids-issues. Everyone needs a hobby :-) Regards, Danijel Laurent Cocea wrote: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two > threads They're essentially the same thread with a little more trolling in one than the other. Lots of free time over the holidays and all. I think the discussion in general is a good thing, though. Help remind people why a tool like Delphi is worth while, and maybe even shed some light on some of the things that still need attention. I still learn about ...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

My iPhone options using Delphi
I have been asked to get a small part of my large business application available through iphone. This application is developed using Delphi XE + Firebird over the internet. The few tables i would need could be exported to MySQL if required. I have heard of TMS Software iPhone/iPad & Intraweb - could this be a possibility? Or Lazarus, using a virtual machine with MacOS? Or Delphi Prism + mono (i have no licence for Prism and real experience with it) The better choice would be? Anything else.? Thanks Le 17/01/12 18:48, richard poulin a écrit : > I have b...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Web resources about - Delphi 6 - dcc32 options used for debug dcus of VCL? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

The Options Insider - Options Trading Strategies, Learn about Options, Options Education
IB Options Brief: Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM), Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (VRTX) & Barrick Gold Corp.

Option time value - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance , the time value (TV) ( extrinsic or instrumental value) of an option is the premium a rational investor would pay over its current ...

Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive
Malcolm Turnbull has lost&nbsp;his third minister in as many months, but an imminent reshuffle, and a possible breakthrough on Senate voting ...

Backbench not an option for Macfarlane
After his failed attempt to join the Nationals Ian Macfarlane has announced he won't recontest his seat.

Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive Date: February 12 2016 Mark Kenny Malcolm Turnbull's ...

Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive
[ The Age - Text-only index ] Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive Date: February 12 2016 Mark Kenny Malcolm Turnbull's ...

Minister dumped as Malcolm Turnbull keeps snap poll option alive
Malcolm Turnbull has lost his third minister in as many months, but an imminent reshuffle, and a possible breakthrough on Senate voting reform ...

Barnaby Joyce keeping portfolio options open after being elected National Party leader
Barnaby Joyce says he will consider his portfolio options, as he takes on a new role as National Party leader.

Multiple Account Support for Facebook Messenger; SMS Option Testing
Facebook Messenger jumped aboard the multiple-account-support bandwagon, and the social network is testing an SMS option for the Android version ...

Nuclear costs too much for SA but held open as option
... has exposed the high cost of nuclear power but has delivered fresh ammunition for those arguing it should be kept as a valuable option.