Delphi 2011 and cross platform debugging / testing

We heard some clues about Delphi 2011 in this forum.
One of them was "design it in Windows (IDE), run it everywhere (Windows,
Linux and Mac)".

Does anybody know how we will debug and/or test cross platform applications
from Delphi IDE?
(I think that built in or plugged virtual machines may be the best solution
from developers.)

Hür
0
Hur

Hur Akdulger wrote:

> We heard some clues about Delphi 2011 in this forum.
> One of them was "design it in Windows (IDE), run it everywhere
> (Windows, Linux and Mac)".
>
> Does anybody know how we will debug and/or test cross platform
> applications from Delphi IDE?  (I think that built in or plugged
> virtual machines may be the best solution from developers.)
>
> Hür

Delphi 2011 will be just run it on Mac. They could add a weak preview
for Linux (only command line, as it’s working for ages). It will be
remote debug. No leaks about how they managed to do that or which
widgets will be used for the UI.
0
Lajos
8/2/2010 1:06:18 PM
See older posts. UI is build on top of Qt widgets. IDE will run on Win only.
There will be cross compiling/remote debugging for MAC. No obligations for
Linux. Nothing about x64 or ARM.

Enough to buy a new version (or update SA again)?

"Lajos Juhasz" <juhasz.lajos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hur Akdulger wrote:
>
>> We heard some clues about Delphi 2011 in this forum.
>> One of them was "design it in Windows (IDE), run it everywhere
>> (Windows, Linux and Mac)".
>>
>> Does anybody know how we will debug and/or test cross platform
>> applications from Delphi IDE?  (I think that built in or plugged
>> virtual machines may be the best solution from developers.)
>>
>> Hür
>
> Delphi 2011 will be just run it on Mac. They could add a weak preview
> for Linux (only command line, as it's working for ages). It will be
> remote debug. No leaks about how they managed to do that or which
> widgets will be used for the UI.
0
Frenk
8/2/2010 1:27:16 PM
Frenk R wrote:

> See older posts. UI is build on top of Qt widgets.

We can guess on that. I saw no official announcement on that.
0
Lajos
8/2/2010 2:58:29 PM
Hur Akdulger <hur.akdulger@gmail.com> wrote in message
<268482@forums.embarcadero.com>
> Does anybody know how we will debug and/or test cross platform applications
> from Delphi IDE?
> (I think that built in or plugged virtual machines may be the best solution
> from developers.)

I used the remote debugging capabilities of VS2008 into VM's in VMWare a few
years ago, and that seemed to be a pretty workable solution, so I would imagine
that such a scheme could work with Delphi and C++ Builder as long as their
remote debugger works with VM's. I should point out that this is just
speculation on my part, I don't recall seeing anyone from CodeGearadero saying
anything about this.

Built-in VM would be an awfully ambitious project, and that is not historically
something that CodeGearadero has any experience in, but I suppose they could
lease something from VMWare?

--
***Free Your Mind***

Posted with Facade Preview 0.9.7.5452
0
John
8/2/2010 3:08:33 PM
it is more a fact than a guess I believe. Try googling Delphi 2011.

> Frenk R wrote:
>
>> See older posts. UI is build on top of Qt widgets.
>
> We can guess on that. I saw no official announcement on that.
0
Frenk

Delphi XE2 / x64 to launch on 24 August 2011 @ Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires
Delphi XE2 / x64 to be launched on 24 August 2011 at Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires/Argentina http://twitter.com/#!/devstonez/status/96192928803848192 > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > Delphi XE2 / x64 to be launched on 24 August 2011 at Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires/Argentina > http://twitter.com/#!/devstonez/status/96192928803848192 Interesting. I don't want to read too much into the emphasis on x64, but it seems cross platform won't be in XE2. > {quote:title=Kyle Miller wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > > Delp...

Delphi Prism and Cross-Platform
I own a copy of Oxygene . I only used it for some ASP.NET developement and never really looked at its Mono integration. Now its going to be shipped under a new brand with some new features. Now I wonder to what level we'll be able to deploy cross platform applications. Today I started a new app in Oxygene but couldn't figure out how to target mono. There are separate project templates under MonOxide category called Cocoa(Tiger), Cocoa(Leopard), WinForms (MAC OS X) and GTK#. 1) Can I start a new Windows Forms project and target it for all platforms? or 2) Should I s...

Restore Delphi 2007 dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009
Over on another thread I mentioned that I was having problems with dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009. It started that I noticed that Delphi 2007 was compiling against the newer version of dbxpress drivers (dbxmys.dll, rather than dbxmys30.dll). This was spotted after testing an application on a colleagues machine that had the older driver, but not the newer. The application was "pure" 2007. This continued after uninstalling Delphi 2009. It was suggested that Delphi 2009 had overwritten my +dbxdrivers.ini+ file - and looking at it that looks like the problem. It was also...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

Delphi XE
I sure hope I'm wrong but I don't see any mention or even clues about the expected cross-platform support in Delphi 2011. In the first sneak peak video, we see the following: 1) When creating a new project in Delphi XE, the menu gives the same old options: "Package - Delphi", "Unit - Delphi", "VCL Forms Application - Delphi", "Form - Delphi". The absence of a "[Cross Platform VCL] Application - Delphi" is conspicuous. 2) In the closing screen, it lists all the products in RAD Studio XE. For the description for Delphi, it says, ...

Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi
Hello, I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing Delphi 2010. I have a bunch of Addins (Modelmaker Code Explorer, EurekaLog, DDevExtensions, JCL, etc...), components installed. Any ideas/tools to possibly track down where the culprit is? Possibly simply an addin in combination with docked windows etc. Thanks, Thomas > {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote} > I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default > to the Debug Layout (...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Delphi Cross Platform Game Development [Edit]
A little survey Would anyone be interested in a cross platform (windows, mac, linux) game development toolkit with Delphi/FreePascal compiler compatibility? This toolkit would take care of the boiler plate platform code to get a window up, change window/display states, give you mouse, keyboard, and joystick feedback, and abstract working with files, sockets, xml, audio, and 2D/3D graphics. Programs would be quite small and compact. They would also be stand alone binaries able to run with little to no dependencies. Possible program applications might include: Cross platform gam...

Is cross platform Delphi heading to the correct path?
The application's current market trend is going either to web or mobile... 1. web <> native application. 2. mobile <> not for native delphi application - iPhone: only for c/c++ without VCL - Andriod: only java - Windows 7 Phone: only managed code > {quote:title=ahmoy law wrote:}{quote} > The application's current market trend is going either to web or mobile... Only for consumers. The business market is still almost entirely desktop, which means native Win32. Try again with real logic. > Only for consumers. The business market is still almost e...

Web resources about - Delphi 2011 and cross platform debugging / testing - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes for debugging
Apple today released Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes . According to the release notes, the release includes fixes for debugging, Interface Builder, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...