Delphi 2010: Error in blob field

Hello

When trying to save a blob field with ONE character always shows an error access violation at address .....

The sentence I am using is: insert into table (...) values  (...) and I am passing the parameter as follows:

Consulta.parambyname ('field') .. Assign ('fieldname').

I worked in D2006 and it worked perfectly, we are now migrating to the D2010 and is presented for this inconvenience.

What could be? ...

Thanks for any help and please excuse my English.

Juan Carlos Camacho
0
Juan

Juan Carlos Camacho Castillo explained on 9/16/2010 :
> Hello
>
> When trying to save a blob field with ONE character always shows an error
> access violation at address .....

You've got to give us more to work with.
Break it down and see where it fails and where succeeeds.

a) Does it work with more than one char?
b) does it work if you remove the parameters and
haveeverything inline?
c) Does the same query work correctly outside your progam,
in whatever you use for database access?

Also, what data components are you using to access
the database?

HTH,
Brad.

--

 "Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of
 nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such
> {quote:title=Brad White wrote:}{quote}
> Juan Carlos Camacho Castillo explained on 9/16/2010 :
> > Hello
> >
> > When trying to save a blob field with ONE character always shows an error
> > access violation at address .....
> >

> You've got to give us more to work with.
> Break it down and see where it fails and where succeeeds.
>
> a) Does it work with more than one char?
> b) does it work if you remove the parameters and
> haveeverything inline?
> c) Does the same query work correctly outside your progam,
> in whatever you use for database access?
>
> Also, what data components are you using to access
> the database?
>
> HTH,
> Brad.

Yes, more than one character or no characters works fine.

The components I'm using are: A TQuery for insertion and a field TDBMemo
contained in a Tjvmemorydata

The error occurs when doing TQuery.Execute.
0
Juan
9/16/2010 4:51:34 PM
On 16.09.2010 22:51, Juan Carlos Camacho Castillo wrote:
> The components I'm using are: A TQuery for insertion and a field TDBMemo
> contained in a Tjvmemorydata
> The error occurs when doing TQuery.Execute.

TQuery is from BDE, isn't it? They say that BDE was deprecated long time
ago and bundled with Delphi just for backward compatibility. Try to do
the same via ADO or dbXpress.
0
Andrew

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2010 + TIBDatabase + connection error (how to catch error) [Edit]
Hi All Could someone help me in this case: {code} Try DataBase.Connect:=True; Except on >databaseconnectionerror< do ShowMessage('DataBase connection faild); end; {code} I do not know, how to catch (handling) IB errors in my Delphi application. Thank You very much in advance Best Regards Jacek Edited by: Jacek Fągowski on Aug 14, 2012 9:04 AM Jacek Fągowski wrote: > Hi All > > Could someone help me in this case: > {code} > Try > DataBase.Connect:=True; > Except > on >databaseconnectionerror< do > ShowMes...

Pchar for PansiChar
hello, I use a DLL developed in D7 and not have the same sources. I will use Delphi 2010 and the functions do not work function TkmInitialize(LOGXMLDIR: PChar; TkmByExt: dWord): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmCreateStream(FileName: PChar; Var Stream: dWord; Var Error: dWord): PChar; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmLogEnd(Stream: dWord; MediaDuration, MediaPosition, MediaType: dWord; MediaName: PChar): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmIsTkm(FileName: PChar): Bool; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dl...

package conversion from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2010
Hello, I am evaluating 2010 to convert a delphi 5 app up. My first task is to convert some custom control packages. My requires statment looks like this: requires vcl50, Vclx50, VclSmp50, Vcldb50, vcljpg50, What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is there documentation that I could look at to help with the conversion process? Thanks.. ...Joe.. joe alaimo wrote: > requires > vcl50, > Vclx50, > VclSmp50, > Vcldb50, > vcljpg50, 140 is the 2010 version. > > What are the delphi 2010 equivalents if any? Is t...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010: Error in blob field - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech