Delphi 2009 - free trial has no VCL source?

Hi All

Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the
Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?

And also .. does the Professional product version have the source?

Many thanks in advance

--
Ed.
0

"Ed Weatherup"
> Hi All
>
> Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the
> Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?

Hi,

No. Trial versions come without source code.
0
farshad
10/3/2008 2:18:17 PM
Ed Weatherup wrote:

> Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does
> the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?

The Trial versions never had.

> And also .. does the Professional product version have the source?

Yes, it have the sources of the components for professional edition.

--

Cesar Romero
http://blogs.liws.com.br/cesar
Ed Weatherup wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does
> the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?

Correct.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
 -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
0
Rudy
10/3/2008 2:21:38 PM
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> Ed Weatherup wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does
>> the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?
>
> Correct.

What is correct? The fact that this is a silly question answered many times
before? :)

Alan
0
Alan
10/3/2008 2:57:03 PM
Alan Garny wrote:

> "Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message
> > Ed Weatherup wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All
> > >
> >> Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but
> does >> the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?
> >
> > Correct.
>
> What is correct? The fact that this is a silly question answered many
> times before? :)

That I leave up to the reader to decide. <g>

"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil
 with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten
 blunt axes instead." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
0
Rudy
10/3/2008 3:01:44 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> Alan Garny wrote:
>
>> "Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <newsgroups@rvelthuis.de> wrote in message

>> does >> the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?
>>>
>>> Correct.
>>
>> What is correct? The fact that this is a silly question answered many
>> times before? :)
>
> That I leave up to the reader to decide. <g>

Cheers pal ... love you too.

:-)

--
Ed.
0
Ed Weatherup wrote:
> Cheers pal ... love you too.
>

> :-)

Welcome to the community Ed.   :-)

Warren
10/3/2008 3:13:45 PM
Warren Postma wrote:
> Ed Weatherup wrote:
>> Cheers pal ... love you too.
>>

>> :-)
>>

> Welcome to the community Ed.   :-)

Rudy gets a LOT of slack - he's earned it. ;-)

--
Ed.
0
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> > Hi All
> >
> > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but
> > does the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?
>
> Correct.

Did he leave out the word "trial"?

Just to be clear:

The trial does not have the source.

All purchased versions have the source.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero
Nick Hodges wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but
> > > does the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source?
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Did he leave out the word "trial"?

I read the subject line first, so I guessed he forgot it in the
message. <g>

"Be tolerant of the human race.  Your whole family belongs to it
 -- and some of your spouse's family too." -- Anonymous.
0
Rudy
10/3/2008 5:11:35 PM
Ed Weatherup wrote:

> Rudy gets a LOT of slack - he's earned it. ;-)

I actually meant that it is correct that the trial does not contain the
sources. Now I seem to be accused of something again, and I don't even
know what it was.

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
 -- Joseph Stalin.
0
Rudy
10/3/2008 5:12:45 PM
Nick Hodges schrieb:

> All purchased versions have the source.

And to also get "The Force" we would be using JEDI right? ;)
0
Utf

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 Trial
I downloaded and installed a trial for Delphi 2009 to see how one of my applications written in Delphi 6 would fair during compile. The application uses some Jedi components, so I tried to install Jedi and was un-successful. I believe I got a message something about the trial version doesn't support command line options. Are the Trial versions like the earlier free Turbo version where you can't install third party components? -- > {quote:title=Bruce Michener wrote:}{quote} > I downloaded and installed a trial for Delphi 2009 to see how one of my > applications ...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby So...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 - free trial has no VCL source? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Book sources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page links to catalogs of libraries, booksellers, and other book sources where you will be able to search for the book with ISBN 817099280X ...

Netscape sets source code free
After three months of anticipation, Netscape Communications releases the source code for its Communicator suite.

Chelsea close to signing Corinthians forward Pato - sources - ESPN FC
Chelsea are closing in on a deal to sign Alexandre Pato from Corinthians, multiple sources have told ESPN.

Verizon Joins ONOS Open-Source SDN Project
The initiative's roster of members includes other service providers, such as AT&T, China Unicom, NTT and SK Telecom.

What Freedom Really Means In Open Source
As the popularity of open source continues to spiral, soar and skyrocket, more than one C-suite executive will have sat back and asked: just ...

Sources: Snapchat to open new Seattle engineering office with room for 50 people
... feet of space on the eighth floor of 101 Stewart St., the First & Stewart Building, according to permit filings, commercial real estate sources, ...

A Whole New Source for Awesome Science Fiction and Fantasy Books
Her Universe, the geek fashion company aimed at girls, just announced it was getting into publishing science fiction and fantasy books back in ...

Source Reveals Scott Disick’s Family Still Concerned After Suicide Threat
... that he couldn’t do this any longer. Luckily, Scott was just fine and everything turned out okay, but now Radar Online is sharing that a source ...

Scientists study methane 'hot spot' sources
LYBROOK — As scientists continue their work tracking sources of atmospheric methane in the Four Corners region, the federal government continues ...