Converting Delphi 2006 Licenses to Elise License Server

We currently have the Elise license server used for newer versions of Delphi. All our licenses are in a text file on a server. I am looking to convert my Delphi 2006 licenses so they can be put on this server as well. What needs to be done in order for this to happen? This makes it easier when we have to reinstall and reregister Delphi on a machine that was upgraded or replaced.

Also, it appears that our Developers are allowed to install and use Delphi at home as well as in the office. Is there a way to get the Delphi installation at home to be able to contact our license server?

I'm sorry if I sound vague or didn't provide enough information, this whole software package is kind of foreign to me. I just know what we as a company would like to do, I just need help doing it. Thanks a lot in advance for the help!
0
Ryan
6/29/2009 1:35:44 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5934 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Ryan Hertzog wrote:}{quote}
> We currently have the Elise license server used for newer versions of Delphi. All our licenses are in a text file on a server. I am looking to convert my Delphi 2006 licenses so they can be put on this server as well. What needs to be done in order for this to happen? This makes it easier when we have to reinstall and reregister Delphi on a machine that was upgraded or replaced.
>

> Also, it appears that our Developers are allowed to install and use Delphi at home as well as in the office. Is there a way to get the Delphi installation at home to be able to contact our license server?
>

> I'm sorry if I sound vague or didn't provide enough information, this whole software package is kind of foreign to me. I just know what we as a company would like to do, I just need help doing it. Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Contact Embarcadero directly.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee

> {quote:title=Ryan Hertzog wrote:}{quote}
> We currently have the Elise license server used for newer versions of Delphi. All our licenses are in a text file on a server. I am looking to convert my Delphi 2006 licenses so they can be put on this server as well. What needs to be done in order for this to happen? This makes it easier when we have to reinstall and reregister Delphi on a machine that was upgraded or replaced.
>

> Also, it appears that our Developers are allowed to install and use Delphi at home as well as in the office. Is there a way to get the Delphi installation at home to be able to contact our license server?
>

> I'm sorry if I sound vague or didn't provide enough information, this whole software package is kind of foreign to me. I just know what we as a company would like to do, I just need help doing it. Thanks a lot in advance for the help!
0
Ryan
6/29/2009 2:24:43 PM
> {quote:title=Ryan Hertzog wrote:}{quote}
> I was trying to find an email, phone number, or something in order to do that but couldn't find anything. Do you have any of that information? Thanks for the reply!

There's a "How to buy" link on Embarcadero's front page.
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/how_to_buy.php

The site also includes a support address and number:
  For questions or assistance please contact:
  support@embarcadero.com
  Support: 415.834.3131, Option 2

If these don't get you what you need, maybe drop Nick Hodges a line.  He'll be able to point you in the right direction.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Ryan Hertzog wrote:}{quote}
> I was trying to find an email, phone number, or something in order to do that but couldn't find anything. Do you have any of that information? Thanks for the reply!

Or, better yet, the support link off Embarcadero's main page:
http://www.embarcadero.com/support/index.php

--
Regards
Bruce McGee

> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ryan Hertzog wrote:}{quote}
> > I was trying to find an email, phone number, or something in order to do that but couldn't find anything. Do you have any of that information? Thanks for the reply!
>
> Or, better yet, the support link off Embarcadero's main page:
> http://www.embarcadero.com/support/index.php
>
> --
> Regards
> Bruce McGee
> Glooscap Software
0
Ryan

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.
Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included with your order confirmation email and in the product readme." Very nice bonus! Brian > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote} > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. > > "Delphi XE includes free acce...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Server license not included in license file?
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. About three months ago I installed a new Netware 6.5 server to run GroupWise. We've had a 10-user license pack for OES (and older versions) sitting around for a while unused, so I thought I could use that. However, when I tried to load the server license from the .nlf, all I could see was user licenses. I eventually had to resort to the free evaluation server license on the install media. That was fine, except that I forgot about it and now the evaluation license has expired. I would like to add the server l...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

Delphi 7 license
I have just received my key for iw14 however I need one for iw11 I have purchased the 1 month license so a quick response will be appreciated Terence Walkden wrote: > I have just received my key for iw14 however I need one for iw11 > > I have purchased the 1 month license so a quick response will be appreciated Please take a look: http://atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20130423.EN.aspx ...

Delphi 2007 / license
Hi, I would like to buy a Delphi 2007 license but not from reseller based in my country Bulgaria -is it possible and what is the procedure to get a license directly from Embarcadero? I have also one more question. I’m a freelancer and if I buy a license using only my personal names, home address and phone number, will it be legal to sell my compiled applications via one or more companies? If I practice like that will I break some license terms? After all, the compiled applications that I will sell through tho se companies will be compiled with my licensed Delphi 2007. 10x in advance, K...

Delphi 7 License
Hi, A friend of me needs to buy a Delphi 7 licence for commercialize a soft (Delphi 7 sources) he has bought to a little company. Did he only need to buy the Delphi 7 personnal box to have the right to commercialize his soft ? Anything else to buy ? regards Cédric Hi Cédric, > Did he only need to buy the Delphi 7 personnal box to have the right to commercialize his soft ? AFAIK, Delphi 7 Personal does not allow or permit you to produce (and sell) commercial software - you need a "real" Delphi 7 (Professional or higher) license for that. > regar...

Delphi licensing in China
My company used Delphi 5 back in 2000. Some of the Delphi 5 licenses were transfered fom the Hong Kong office to the Shenzhen office many years ago when the development effort was moved there. We found this setence in our license: You may transfer the Software and documentation on a permanent basis provided you retain no copies and the recipient agrees to the terms of the License Agreement. We also began looking at migrating to Delphi 2009 and ordered some upgrades directly from the Embarcadero online store when we were told to do so by our Borland reseller before (which is no longer...

Delphi licensing question
Hello! I am using Delphi 7 (developer licence). For debugging purposes I would like to install a copy of Delphi on a production server owned by a business partner. This computer is a dedicated server used only for our system and I am the only one one who would be using Delphi installled on this server. Am I allowed to do this or is there another way (Remote debugging is out of the question for security reasons) Thank you for your answers Habo habo habo schrieb: > Hello! > > I am using Delphi 7 (developer licence). For debugging purposes I would like to install a copy o...

Web resources about - Converting Delphi 2006 Licenses to Elise License Server - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech