Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Hi!

Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems when compile the code.

Error message:
+[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'System.pas'+

Please can somebody help me?

Source Download (349KB): http://rapidshare.com/files/256191328/FileManager.rar.html
Mirror Source Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12GYLPT0

Password: delphi

Thank u so much!

(sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language)

Edited by: loquax loquax on Jul 15, 2009 12:24 PM
Sorry, but where is the "Attachments"?
0
loquax

<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137946@forums.codegear.com...

> Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm
> having problems when compile the code.

What kind of problems exactly?  Please be more specific.

> Source Download (349KB):
> http://rapidshare.com/files/256191328/FileManager.rar.html
> Password: delphi

Next time, please use CodeGear's own "Attachments" forum instead.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
loquax loquax wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
> Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems
> when compile the code.
>
> Error message:
> +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> 'System.pas'+

I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that the
project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7 anymore.

Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
the RTL and VCL.

"The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about
 other people." -- Lucille S. Harper
0
Rudy
7/15/2009 7:38:08 PM
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> loquax loquax wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
> > Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems
> > when compile the code.
> >
> > Error message:
> > +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> > 'System.pas'+
>
> I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that the
> project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7 anymore.
>
> Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
> the RTL and VCL.
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)        http://www.teamb.com
>
> "The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about
>  other people." -- Lucille S. Harper

Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?
0
loquax
7/15/2009 7:42:36 PM
<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137975@forums.codegear.com...

> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?

What is a "reverse connection"?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137968@forums.codegear.com...

> Sorry, but where is the "Attachments"?

If you go to the Web forums at http://forums.codegear.com, the "Attachments"
forum is the second one at the top of the list.

If you connect to the News server, the "Attachments" newsgroup is
"embarcadero.public.attachments".

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
loquax loquax wrote:

> > > +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> > > 'System.pas'+
> >
> > I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that
> > the project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7
> > anymore.
> >
> > Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> > units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to
> > recompile the RTL and VCL.
>
> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?

I don't quite understand, sorry.

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."
 -- Isaac Asimov.
0
Rudy
7/15/2009 11:14:51 PM

> Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
> the RTL and VCL.

The real problem is when you look at his source code is that he specifically
has a included a OLD version of SYSTEM.PAS in his source code and it is not
even looking at the current version of SYSTEM.PAS. I was surprised that it
even compiled and worked using Delphi 7 but it does.
0
Dennis
7/16/2009 1:32:37 AM
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) schrieb:
>> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
>> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?
>
> What is a "reverse connection"?

Maybe he means converting to Delphi 2009.

--
Roman
0