Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Hi!

Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems when compile the code.

Error message:
+[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'System.pas'+

Please can somebody help me?

Source Download (349KB): http://rapidshare.com/files/256191328/FileManager.rar.html
Mirror Source Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12GYLPT0

Password: delphi

Thank u so much!

(sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language)

Edited by: loquax loquax on Jul 15, 2009 12:24 PM
Sorry, but where is the "Attachments"?
0
loquax

<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137946@forums.codegear.com...

> Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm
> having problems when compile the code.

What kind of problems exactly?  Please be more specific.

> Source Download (349KB):
> http://rapidshare.com/files/256191328/FileManager.rar.html
> Password: delphi

Next time, please use CodeGear's own "Attachments" forum instead.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
loquax loquax wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
> Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems
> when compile the code.
>
> Error message:
> +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> 'System.pas'+

I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that the
project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7 anymore.

Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
the RTL and VCL.

"The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about
 other people." -- Lucille S. Harper
0
Rudy
7/15/2009 7:38:08 PM
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> loquax loquax wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Please, I have a code done in Delphi 7...
> > Now I want to convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 but I'm having problems
> > when compile the code.
> >
> > Error message:
> > +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> > 'System.pas'+
>
> I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that the
> project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7 anymore.
>
> Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
> the RTL and VCL.
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)        http://www.teamb.com
>
> "The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about
>  other people." -- Lucille S. Harper

Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?
0
loquax
7/15/2009 7:42:36 PM
<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137975@forums.codegear.com...

> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?

What is a "reverse connection"?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<loquax loquax> wrote in message news:137968@forums.codegear.com...

> Sorry, but where is the "Attachments"?

If you go to the Web forums at http://forums.codegear.com, the "Attachments"
forum is the second one at the top of the list.

If you connect to the News server, the "Attachments" newsgroup is
"embarcadero.public.attachments".

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
loquax loquax wrote:

> > > +[DCC Fatal Error] Far.dpr(9): F2063 Could not compile used unit
> > > 'System.pas'+
> >
> > I guess that the project has some wrong or bad links. Be sure that
> > the project links to the current paths, and not those for Delphi 7
> > anymore.
> >
> > Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> > units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to
> > recompile the RTL and VCL.
>
> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?

I don't quite understand, sorry.

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."
 -- Isaac Asimov.
0
Rudy
7/15/2009 11:14:51 PM

> Also be sure NOT (I repeat: NOT) to have the sources to the standard
> units on your search path. It is generally not a good idea to recompile
> the RTL and VCL.

The real problem is when you look at his source code is that he specifically
has a included a OLD version of SYSTEM.PAS in his source code and it is not
even looking at the current version of SYSTEM.PAS. I was surprised that it
even compiled and worked using Delphi 7 but it does.
0
Dennis
7/16/2009 1:32:37 AM
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) schrieb:
>> Please, taking the opportunity, where I can find some source code
>> sample of reverse connection to Delphi 2009?
>
> What is a "reverse connection"?

Maybe he means converting to Delphi 2009.

--
Roman
0

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.