Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with Delphi for Windows?

Hi,

Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with the native Delphi compiler? You know, I don't care about the 64-bit support in Delphi when developing EXEs, but it will became a very very serious problem when I want to develop addin for Office 2010 (check how many outlook addins in the market) and the Windows Explorer in Windows 64-bit.
0
Edwin

Am 15.01.2010 05:31, Edwin Ye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with the native Delphi compiler? You know, I don't care about the 64-bit support in Delphi when developing EXEs, but it will became a very very serious problem when I want to develop addin for Office 2010 (check how many outlook addins in the market) and the Windows Explorer in Windows 64-bit.

No, not using Delphi only. 64-Bit host applications can't call 32-Bit DLLs, I'm afraid.

Edit: Actually I'm not 100% sure about Office-Addins. Those are COM based, right? Out of process COM works across the 32/64 barrier.

--
Regards
Jens

Edited by: Jens Mühlenhoff on Jan 15, 2010 4:03 PM
0
Utf
1/15/2010 3:04:20 PM
Edwin Ye wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with the native Delphi
> compiler? You know, I don't care about the 64-bit support in Delphi
> when developing EXEs, but it will became a very very serious problem
> when I want to develop addin for Office 2010 (check how many outlook
> addins in the market) and the Windows Explorer in Windows 64-bit.

There's another thread from a couple of days ago about someone writing
64 bit shell extensions using Lazarus to compile 64 bit Pascal code.
That should be applicable to what you're doing.

Mike S.
0
Mike
1/15/2010 4:40:41 PM
Hello,

Jens Mühlenhoff wrote:

> Edit: Actually I'm not 100% sure about Office-Addins. Those are COM
> based, right? Out of process COM works across the 32/64 barrier.

interesting. If I remember correctly, Explorer also allows for
out-of-process shell extensions; could it be possible to write 32-bit
shell extensions for 64-bit Explorer that way?

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
1/15/2010 4:53:24 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Swaim wrote:}{quote}
> Edwin Ye wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with the native Delphi
> > compiler? You know, I don't care about the 64-bit support in Delphi
> > when developing EXEs, but it will became a very very serious problem
> > when I want to develop addin for Office 2010 (check how many outlook
> > addins in the market) and the Windows Explorer in Windows 64-bit.
>
> There's another thread from a couple of days ago about someone writing
> 64 bit shell extensions using Lazarus to compile 64 bit Pascal code.
> That should be applicable to what you're doing.
>
> Mike S.

Yes, but no solution for office 64 bit.
0
Edwin

Can't install Delphi 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine?
I tried it and it fails. It says to try to install dbpack_setup.exe and that fails too. When it fails, it says: >This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows >Installer package. Please check your settings and try again. I successfully installed this on another Vista machine. Prism with Silverlight died on that machine so we got a new Win 7 64 bit machine and I'm not trying to set things up on the new machine. I first installed the Prism stuff and got it all working on the new machine. I didn't ...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Delphi 64 Bit released just in time for Windows to be 128 Bit ...
Ok - the title is a little provocative - but it might be close ;) This link is to an article the claims that the next Windows version will be 128 Bit. Which would be Win8 - and if not that version then definitely Win 9. http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-mulling-128-bit-versions-of-windows-8-windows-9.ars I realize that Delphi 64 bit should be out this year (or so I hope!) - and that the next windows is a few years away - but I hope the folks at Emb. are already planning for the 128 version when they do the 64 bit version... Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_tim...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Delphi App in 64-bit Windows
I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time error when I close it. Is this known about as a general problem? Secondly If I want to install Delphi 2010 on this 64-bit Windows-7 computer, am I to expect any problems or will it just run as a standard 32-bit application? Regards Graham Am 19.02.2010 14:28, schrieb Graham Powell: > I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time ...

Delphi App in 64-bit Windows
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_347d9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Attached is the screen shot when I close the app --JivePart=_347d9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl-- ...

Delphi & Office 64 bit
Is it possible to do COM automation in Delphi with MS-Word 2010 64 bit? -- Erwin van den Bosch Ask in the Delphi.OleAutomation newsgroup, you'll almost certainly get a response there. Lachlan On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:15:27 -0700, Lachlan Gemmell <> wrote: >Ask in the Delphi.OleAutomation newsgroup, you'll almost certainly get a response there. > >Lachlan Will do that. But thought that maybe someone could say a short yes or no as Office 2010 is now 64 bit and Delphi not. -- Erwin van den Bosch > Will do that. But thought that maybe ...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo)
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64 bit Windows environment (...

Windows 7 - 64 bits
Hello! I know that this is probably not a Delphi issue, but I ask, just in case... perhaps someone had a similar problem... I use D2007, Firebird 2.5 and IBX components, and ClientDatasets (I know IBX doesn't support FB, but I just use it in a very simple way, so there's no problem with that - I think) A customer of mine has this problem: Using Windows 7 64 bits, when he deletes a record in a table the PC hungs completely. The mouse, the keyboard... everything. He has to turn the PC off. I'm sorry I have not more details about the problem. The question is: is t...

Can I install the 32-bit versions of ASP.NET 1.1 and the 64-bit version of ASP.NET 2.0 on a 64-bit version of Windows?
I have installed • The .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package x64 (64 Bit) • The .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable on my Windows Server 2003 x64 edition and then, I have run cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1 and %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i to enable .net framework 1.1,but the IIS will disabled the .net framework 2.0. Anyone who can tell me how to enable the both .net framework above at the SAME time instead of SWITCH. Th...

Windows 7 and Delphi 7, 32 or 64 bit?
I am in the process of getting a new PC and these days there is a choice between 32 and 64 bit operating system (Win7). I have both Delphi7 Pro and BDS2006, where most of my work tends to still be done in Delphi 7. My question now is: Does Delphi 7 work correctly in Windows 7 x64 or do I have to install the 32 bit version in order to work with Delphi 7? This is about the IDE, not programs created with Delphi, which I already know work fine in Win7x64. I am worried about the impact of new security measures in Win7 and incompatibilities between the Delphi7 debugger and Win7x64..... Bo ...

Delphi 4 and later on Window-7/64-bit
Folks, I have to install Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on Windows-7, 64-bit. I'm aware of the need to install outside the \Program Files\ directory (but including the "common" files or not?), but I do wonder whether any of these versions may include a 16-bit installer, which doesn't run under Windows-64? Thanks for any other advice. David > {quote:title=David Taylor wrote:}{quote} > I have to install Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on Windows-7, 64-bit. I'm > aware of the need to install outside the \Program Files\ directory (but > including th...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo) #2
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of a 32 bit application that uses ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64...

Delphi XE2/XE3 Starter and Windows 64 bit
Hello. If I create some application in Delphi XE3 Starter, compile it (as 32 bit, because Starter does not supports 64 bit compiler), will it run on Windows x64 ? Which problems I can experience in it? Artemij Shepelev wrote: > If I create some application in Delphi XE3 Starter, compile it (as 32 > bit, because Starter does not supports 64 bit compiler), will it run > on Windows x64 ? As all other 32 bit apps on Win64, > Which problems I can experience in it? No problem in general. :-) -- Alex My question arised from Delphi Features Matrix Document. Fr...

Web resources about - Can I write addin for Office 1010 64 bit with Delphi for Windows? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

The Windows Blog

How to securely manage the Windows 10 devices in your network
Microsoft’s decision to make Windows 10 a free upgrade means that, according to industry analysts, more than 350 million Windows machines are ...

Windows 10 is now used on 10% of PCs in the world
Windows 10, Microsoft's new desktop operating system, launched in August and is already being used on roughly 10% of the total PC market. According ...

Windows 10 continues to crawl its way onto desktop PCs
The latest version of Microsoft's operating system is making baby steps in its effort to win over users, according to Web tracker NetMarket Share. ...

Deep-dive review: Microsoft's Lumia 950 phone introduces mobile Windows 10
With the release of the Lumia 950 , the mobile version of Windows 10 is ready for its close-up the device is the first handset that sports the ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
... come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android apps on Windows. ...

Our Favorite Android, iOS, and Windows Phone Apps of the Week
For years, we’ve been hunting for and writing about the best smartphone apps out there. Every week. Now, we’re going to try something a little ...

Use the New Find My Device Tool to Track Your Windows 10 Laptop
Microsoft has finally got around to adding a Find My Device feature to Windows 10. As you might expect, it lets you identify where your laptop ...