App Analytics - Some Questions?

I plan on using App Analytics to track unhandled exceptions in my
application at 1000+ sites. I'm doing this manually, and all is going fine
(not using the automatic one built into the component).

I want to be able to track failures per machine, exception type and
datetime. SO I put our internal machine name (required for our software) as
the Category, the exception class as the Action, and the date/hh/mm as the
Label.

This is all working fine - however I have a few questions.

1. Given our total events per month will be low (Or our software is in real
trouble) - is there any limits on how many of each category, action and
label there are total, and per parent ? This is on the free plan.

2. How does one reset the data in the application to zero, can you do it
without deleting creating new app?

3. If I had 1000 customers running my software, and then I deleted the App
in the analytics site - would my customers notice anything. I tried this
out (by using an invalid app id in the component) and it seemed to take a
fair bit longer to start up. This could just be a co-incidence, but the
question is what is it designed to do in that case?

Thanks.
0
Christopher

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

Non-tech with a file copy question
Can I just simply copy or backup/restore my GW55 email/calendar/etc. files to another server if my original server crashed or I'm changing to a new server? I assume I would need to unload GW, but which files would I copy? Thanks. explain. you mean the whole PO or what. elucidate. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell&...

Using New Relic for analytics with a Delphi app?
Does anyone have any experience or Delphi sample code in using New Relic to capture some usage info and do some analytics on it? There is more info about that here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/new-relic-insights/adding-querying-data/inserting-custom-events-insights-api I am aware that Delphi XE8 offers a package called "AppAnalytics" that does this kind of thing, but I'm working with a company that uses New Relic extensively for their existing products, and they would like to use New Relic for my Delphi project as well. Or, does anyone have any insights on N...

Question about Delphi XE2 developing OSX app.
I've setup the paserver on my OSX seem's all right. And the "hello world" compiled succefull, But I got this message in my IDE's output window: ----output window----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Project "C:\Users\gxy\Documents\RAD Studio\Projects\Project3.dproj" (Deploy target(s)): Target _DeployFiles: c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\bin\CodeGear.Deployment.targets : warning : Local file "" not found. Skipping deployment. Done building target "_DeployFiles" in project ...

Google Analytics in Android Apps (Delphi XE 5)
Hello, Anybody has integrated Google Analytics API in your Android apps? I cannot find samples or ready FMX components so would be great to get any hints in this direction. JVESoft has a component for XE5 that does it. The component is designed for IOS but it could be converted to Android pretty easy I think. http://www.fmxexpress.com/use-google-analytics-in-your-delphi-firemonkey-ios-apps/ The other option is to use the native Android SDK client this way: http://www.fmxexpress.com/implement-custom-android-sdk-callback-events-with-delphi-xe5-firemonkey-on-android/ ...

send sms android app delphi xe7 question [Edit]
i have written following code for send sms on delphi xe7 but i have following error { java.lang.securityexception: sending sms message : uid10176 does not have android.permission.send_sms } { unit Unit1; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Helpers.Android, Androidapi.JNI.GraphicsContentViewText, Androidapi.JNI.Net, Androidapi.JNI.JavaTypes, Androidapi.JNI.Telephony, Androidapi.Helpers; type TForm1 = c...

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Are there any Delphi apps on the iTunes or Mac App Store?
So XE2 has been out for a while now. Surely there must be some apps created with it on either app store (or otherwise). Can someone point me out to those? > {quote:title=Martin Kammann wrote:}{quote} > So XE2 has been out for a while now. Surely there must be some apps created > with it on either app store (or otherwise). > Can someone point me out to those? Anders has one: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anders-analog-clock/id475178939?mt=8 And I believe Bob Swart does too. Note that you're not required to use the Mac App Store to deploy your apps to OS X. ...

Dragging and dropping a .WAV from Delphi App to other apps
Is there an easy way to drag a .WAV file from a Delphi 2006 App to another app. It's not from a listbox or anything like that. It's from a custom window. My code would need to be responsible for generating a .WAV file based on where the person initially clicked on a window. Is the only way to drop a file from a Delphi 2006 to use complicated COM routines? If so, then would the other app that receives the file need complicated com routines too, or would it work with any app that could accept a the same dropped file type from Explorer? Thanks. "Jeff Ya...

Delphi app in Apple App Store for iOS
Have you guys with iPhones and iPads seen that there is a Delphi produced app, running Interbase To Go, approved for download on the Apple App Store? I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) -- Nick > I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app > store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) There are 6 apps that shows up... which one is it? - Palo Alto - Embarcadero (Fom Scott James, mapping software or something..) - Heart of...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

How do You Write a Web App that Looks like Your Delphi App
Hi I have written an application that I would like to port into a web application. What is the best language to choose. For example php, Ruby on Rails or some other language.. Thank you. > {quote:title=Peter Skinner wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > I have written an application that I would like to port into a web application. What is the best language to choose. > > For example php, Ruby on Rails or some other language.. > > Thank you. Here's something you can try with very little investment of time, which is to auto-convert your existing app's m...

Drag documents to a PB App from a non-PB App?
PB 10.5 This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into PB (onto a datawindow?). Something the users would like. Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a specific folder, and that information saved to the database. Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB, GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document, then the document is saved to a different folder determined by the app, .... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow. The users would like to just 'drag' the document into the app. Any way to do this? KL ...

Sending SMS with an non-certified, non-published App?
Hello, I'm completely new to FirefoxOS. We consider to use a FirefoxOS-Smartphone = for a special project for a customer. We would develop an app for monitorin= g something (without user-control, like a webcam) and send a SMS to notify = a user. I read some docs and blogs about the WebApi and realized, that the = app must be "certified" to do this.=20 But: - The App should not be published, only installed to 10-20 devices for our = customer. - Sending the SMS must work without any interaction e.g a modal dialog to c= onfirm sending. Is this possible with FirefoxOS ? T...

Web resources about - App Analytics - Some Questions? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Ryde council to tackle republic question
Ryde council will vote on Tuesday whether to formally support the Australian Republican Movement and use council resources to support its campaigns. ...

Martin Place siege: disturbing questions linger a year on
People of all backgrounds left bouquets both as a mark of respect and a signal that we as a peaceful, tolerant nation will not bow to violence. ...

Mother of Mildura toddler found dead in roof to face questions about previous family violence
Mother of dead toddler to be asked about any family violence that previously occurred in her home.

The Paris climate conundrum — three facts and a question, by @Gaius_Publius
The Paris climate conundrum — three facts and a question by Gaius Publius He's been to London and to Gay Paree. A fine live performance ( source ...

The Paris Climate Conundrum — Three Facts & A Question
He's been to London and to Gay Paree. A fine live performance ( source ) by Gaius Publius I'll publish a fuller analysis of the Paris climate ...

New dog flu strain raises vaccine questions - Videos - CBS News
A new strain of canine influenza that started last spring is spreading fast and proving fatal for some dogs. While there is a vaccine to fight ...

Ask Me Anything: Question 5
This time in my Ask Me Anything series , I got a tough question about what kind of institutions we need to provide fairness in the age of the ...

Two cities, two shootings, one question: Why?
Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies murdered 28-year-old Nicholas Robinson on Saturday, December 12. Like the murder of Mario Woods by San ...

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Cast Fields Your Fan Questions
ET got the cast to answer a few of your fan questions at the premiere.