Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?

Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may.   I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding?    Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest.

Thanks,
0
Dan

Hi Dan,

> Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may.   I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding?    Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest.

See http://www.remobjects.com/changelogs and click on the "Changes in
the Oxygene portion of Delphi Prism" link to see some of the fixes in
Delphi Prixm XE...

> Thanks,

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi Prism 2011 out
Hi All Delphi prism 2011 is now out (on EMB site). If I upgrade from D2009 to D2010 taking advantage of the special, will I receive Prism 2011? Thanks Godfrey > {quote:title=Godfrey Fletcher wrote:}{quote} > Delphi prism 2011 is now out (on EMB site). If I upgrade from D2009 to > D2010 taking > advantage of the special, will I receive Prism 2011? See the discussion threads on the Delphi Prism non-tech forum. -- Rick Carter Chair, Delphi/Paradox SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group I did have a look there but I cannot see a clear answer to my question. I am a ...

Delphi Prism 2011
Any news on the Delphi Prism 2011 front that will work with VS 2010? I would really like to move to Silverlight 4, but I can't because I have to have VS 2010. I can't even look at SL 4 sites now because if I download the SL 4 browser plug-in in order to see them, it breaks the debugger in VS 2008. I just got an email notification for webinar on June 8th: Extreme Cross-platform .NET with Delphi Prism 2011 I'm guessing David I. is wrong about this statement: > Even use Delphi Prism with Novell MonoDevelop (sold separately) to build apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iP...

Delphi Prism 2011
Hi, Just wonder what is the main differences between Delphi Prism 2011 Enterprise and Professional? The price difference is pretty huge. Alan Tse wrote: > Just wonder what is the main differences between Delphi Prism 2011 > Enterprise and Professional? > > The price difference is pretty huge. Last time I looked, they were identical except for one thing -- the higher sku has the middle tier pieces (Data Snap). Loren Szendre > {quote:title=Alan Tse wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > Just wonder what is the main differences between Delphi Prism 2011 &...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...