Problem:
I have had several reports from Win7 users about the installer failing to do his thing.
I think there are two scenarios:
#1 Run the installer as admin, and then run the Delphi IDE "normal"
#2 Run the installer as admin, log-in as a different user.

In both cases there are no keys added to HKCU.

What is the solution to this?
I don't know anything about "roaming" "local" difference which I think might be involved.

Thanks in advance,

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit
4/23/2010 10:00:30 AM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Installation of DDevExtension on a non-admin user account do give start error in Delphi 2006 runned by Vista telling missing ...\roaming\ddevextension\ddevextension10.dll
If I DDevExtensions 1.61 in Delphi 2006 running Vista, I have no problems using Delphi when logged in as admin. But, if I try to start Delphi 2006 as a normal, non-admin user, start of Delphi 2006 is halted when trying to run DDevExtension by a message Cannot find c:\user\achristo\Appdata\Roaming\DDevExtension\DDevextension10.dll So it seems I have to manually add that folder and content to my roaming profile But, Andy, where is that file hidden when being installed by an admin. Can't see any appdata folder for the admin account here where there is hidden a ddevexte...

To install or not to install?

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

DVD Install not different from LiveCD install?
I installed openSUSE once from the Live CD and couldn't do it and went back to Ubuntu. Then my friend who uses SUSE came and said that SUSE actually comes on a DVD and is loaded with stuff. I got the DVD (7h+ to download) and then I installed and the only difference is the install and options on installing KDE4, or GNOME, or KDE3. Should I re-install (don't have any data on here yet so it's safe) and choose a lot more software and load it? Otherwise the extra DVD download I could call a waste. -- blenderman345 -------------------------------------------------------...

Installation requires Admin account to install
Name: Diana Murphy Email: dianaatmurphynationdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Installation requires Admin account to install Comments: Running Vista 64 as a standard user. When I tried to install the program, I was prompted for the admin password, which I supplied, but then was told that I did not have permission to access that directory. I was successful in installing the program after logging in as the admin. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway?
Name: Maureen Pritchett Email: firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? Comments: I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation. What are the pros and cons of each please? Which gives the most troublefree installation? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) Maureen Pritchett wrote: > Name: Maureen Pritchett > Email: ...

ACU Installation Error ...installation is already running...
When attempting to upgrade the Novell Client on Windows Vista systems, the installation stops with the attached error message: "Installation Error: The Novell Client Installation is already running on this Windows machine. Please complete and close the existing Novell Client Installation program before attempting to run SETUP.EXE again.." Prior to the install, the system was restarted, no instances of setup.exe. Monitoring task manager shows that ACU will attempt to start two instances of setup.exe. We have multiple systems which yield the same error so it is not a &...

Really slow install/run of ExtUtils::Install
I ran into some oddities on ExtUtils::Install (5.8.8 for cygwin-thread-multi-64int). One that bothered me the most was how long it took to do some steps. I ran a script to read each output line and display the time to see how long the delay(s) were and when they occurred. Note: This machine is mostly idle -- multiple CPU's and barely any usage on 1 CPU -- yet something was slowing things down. Anyone seen anything like this? Took about 1.5 minutes to Write the Makefile? Tests took 13 minutes? Is this normal? Delayed areas "*"ed below: 13:24:36.177000 ExtUtils-I...

Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install?
Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install? I tried to install the user agent uabar it. No tool bar is their. Greg P Rozelle Greg P Rozelle wrote: > Why did you remove xpi install and user agent install? > I tried to install the user agent uabar it. No tool bar is their. Old incompatible extensions cause crash, hang, or other major problems. Also, typically when a new release is out, the extensions *have* to be updated as well. There are problems with it, but I'm not a programmer, so don't ask me ...

Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? #2
Name: Maureen Pritchett Email: firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? Comments: I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation. What are the pros and cons of each please? Which gives the most troublefree installation? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) Maureen Pritchett wrote: > Name: Maureen Pritchett > Email: ...

internal installer error during User Application install
Hello, I am trying to install UserApplication on a Linux Server. The installation of mySql and Jboss (from the JbossMysql.bin file) is ok. Then I launch the Identity Manager User Application install command (java jar IdmUserApp.jar). I follow the steps, but when at the « Installing » step, I get the following information : « The installation of Identity Manager User Application is finished, but some mirror errors occured during the install. Please see the installation log in /opt/idm Then, the single possibility is to click on the � Done � button and it ends...

Why doesn't an app run on Vista(standard user) if it runs with admin right?
Hello, I have an app which makes registry entries under CURRENT_USER and LOCAL_MACHINE, reads/writes an ini-file in C:\Windows (from the database, must be there) and has the database in Public\Documents\... I have tried to run it under standard user, setting the exe to run with admin rights. But it doesn't run, no error message, just terminating after start. Before making 1000's of debug messagedialogs, has someone expert with Vista an idea what may cause this? Maybe it's very simple... Thanks, John a simple way to debug is to run ide itself with admin privileges and se...

Web resources about - Installers and install as admin, run as different user. Win7 ( Vista? ) - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
You know you might have a problem when one of the most popular pieces of open source software decides it no longer wants anything to do with ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...