Close Delphi XE4 Metro App With Touch

When you create a Metro application with Delphi XE4 it does not act like a normal Metro application because you can *not close the application with a finger swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen*. All of the Metro apps I have that came with windows actually close with touch this way. You are returned to the Start screen... then if you go to the desktop the app is no longer running. When you close a Delphi Metro application with a swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the
 screen it returns you to the Start screen. If you then go to the desktop.. the application is still running.

I tried putting ShowMessage in nearly all of the form's events to indicate an event that might trap closing, but no messages are shown unless you do a ALT-F4 or press a button in the app which calls Application.Terminate.

Is there a way to make the app close with "touch" like a normal Metro application?
Is a Delphi Metro application a real Metro application?

Regards,

Bill
0
Bill
9/16/2013 8:27:23 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi app not closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have no id...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4? ...

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4 #2
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. +Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4?+ ...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Stack overflow when opening a Delphi 7 frame in Delphi XE4
I am trying to port a Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE4. I have installed all the required component libraries in Delphi XE4 and I managed to open the Delphi 7 project in Delphi XE4. However, when I try to open one of the units containing a VCL frame I get the error "stack overflow - Save your work and restart RAD studio XE4". If I don't open any frames and try to build the project, the compiler can't find the components in the above mentioned frame unit and stops with an error. What should I do? Pier I figured out what the problem was. I has a TsiLang compo...

Delphi app not always closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have ...

My first iOS app with Delphi XE4
Hello I just made a video from my first iOS app that I made with Delphi XE4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lEPpp7oeA This is a software that "turns" your iPhone into a security camera, streaming live video from the iPhone camera to Digifort camera surveillance system (Also compiled in XE4). I took about 2 weeks to finish the app (Including the time to learn the Firemonkey for iOS), but now I'm just waiting apple developer to be online again in order to send my app for approval Comments are appreciated! Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote: > Comments are appreciated...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

Delphi 2010: AV when switching from Default to debug layout and when closing Delphi
Hello, I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default to the Debug Layout (e.g. when starting the application) or when closing Delphi 2010. I have a bunch of Addins (Modelmaker Code Explorer, EurekaLog, DDevExtensions, JCL, etc...), components installed. Any ideas/tools to possibly track down where the culprit is? Possibly simply an addin in combination with docked windows etc. Thanks, Thomas > {quote:title=Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:}{quote} > I experience strange AVs in rtl140.bpl when switching from the Default > to the Debug Layout (...

Web resources about - Close Delphi XE4 Metro App With Touch - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

Domestic firms eye Delphi
BizChina offers latest business and market information of China, online updates of 17 industries, investment guides, business events and industry ...

Official: Verizon's Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi now on sale for $250
Filed under: Technology Partnering with Verizon Wireless, Delphi Automotive has released its Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi product that allows ...