XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.

I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that
connects to this server is under XE.

Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the
client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid
Ordinal 3." followed by a AV.

Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also?

Thanks in Advance,

Omar Zelaya
0
Omar
9/23/2011 10:47:00 PM
embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier 396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the
exception.

So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a
XE2 DataSnap Server?

Thanks in advance,

Omar Zelaya

"Omar Edgardo Zelaya Medrano" <ozelaya2010@hotmail.com> escribió en el
mensaje de noticias:404398@forums.embarcadero.com...
> I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that
> connects to this server is under XE.
>
> Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on
> the
> client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid
> Ordinal 3." followed by a AV.
>
> Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Omar Zelaya
0
Omar

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Delphi XE2 DataSnap Server
I'm building an XE2 DataSnap server which will serve connections from REST clients. My DSServerClass LifeCycle property is set to 'Invocation'. What I want to do is to log the details of all client connections to the server, including the following details : username, IP address, protocol, application name. I can currently get these details using the following events : DSAuthenticationManager - UserAuthenticate() : username, protocol (using the standard parameters passed in) DSServer - Connect() : protocol, IP address, application name (using DSConnectEventObject.ChannelInf...

Upgrading Delphi 7 Datasnap to XE: client fails to connect to server [Edit]
Hi, I'm currently working on upgrading a codebase from Delphi 7 to XE, and am currently just trying to get an older school Datasnap application working under XE. For reference: I'm developing/testing on Windows 7 64bit and currently using Delphi XE. The client application connects to the app server via a socket connection currently, and thus uses Borland Socket server, which includes using a registered "Interceptor" which does data compression/decompression. Now the problem: Currently I'm running into a problem trying to get the client to actually talk to t...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

Delphi 2009 Datasnap server and client
Hello, I am trying develop Datasnap server and client. I have a type TStringArray = array of string;. I used this type in one of server method. When I am trying to Generate Datasnap Client classes it says 'Remote error:Unknow data type: TStringArray'. How can I register this data type? -- Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan Hello, Isn't there anyone to answer my question? Also I am getting same error if I use TStrings or TWideStringArray. Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan "Md. Shariful Alam Khan" <murad_mouri@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

Android Client And DataSnap Server XE2
Hi, I'm doing some tests on Android to call a DataSnap server method that returns a simple class. Delphi Side: TPrueba = class private FUnString : string; public published property UnString : string read FUnString write FUnString; end; Java Side: private class TPrueba { public String UnString; } With the following Datasnap server method: function RetornaEstructura(Value : string) : TPrueba; When I generate the java.android proxy the method returns a TJSONObject. 1. Is the Java class definition ok to match the Delphi one...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

DataSnap XE2 , is this bug in datasnap ?
Hello I create small datasnap server , the lifecycle=session , the problem is : Create client and put tow sqlconnection in form or datamodule , and connect to that server , when made call , the methods in servermethods (may or may not) one of the servermethod class is destroy , many ways to call methods in both connections but the class is destryed in server. I trace and debug every thing possible but nothing wrong . I test these on xp ( sometimes problem is on ) I test on win7 same as above I test on Server2003 , the same I test on server 2008 , the same I test it as Delphi im...

Delphi xe datasnap rest server and serverside scripting
Hi all, I'm trying to use serverside scripting using the standard datasnap rest server produced automatically by Delphi but I can't figure out how to do that. Here is what I do: I create a new DataSnap Rest Application (standalone vcl app.) with all the standard choices selected. After that I want to change the ReverseString.html code so that it writes (for example) "hello word" To do that I Insert inside the html file the following script: <%= hello word %> I also set the scriptengine field of the pageproducer of the html page to the Jscript value (so that it...

Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009
I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. > {quote:title=ALEXANDER DAVID CRUZ MARQUEZ wrote:}{quote} > I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. Hi. I have exactly the same problem. Seems it's not a just an error but it's a D...

DataSnap
Hi, I've written a DataSnap server method that returns a TStream object to transfer a file. The client application calls the method and reads the stream to download the file. The server method is very simple : {code} function TServerMethods.DownloadFile(sFilePath: string): TStream; var strFileStream: TFileStream; begin strFileStream := TFileStream.Create(sFilePath, fmOpenRead); Result := strFileStream; end; {code} It works fine downloading many file types (PDF, GIF, BMP, ZIP, EXE) but it doesn't work when downloading JPG files. On the client side the stream objec...

Iphone monotouch client <-> Delphi 2010 datasnap server
So, Monotouch has been released and it is now simpler to get into making iphone apps (and soon also android apps). But what is the easiest way to tie an monotouch developed iphone client to a delphi 2010 datasnap server? Any ideas? Rant: "Monotouch" should have been a delphi tool. Then it would have flown of the shelves! But noooo. Not even in the next version is such fat clients and native compiled enviroments catered for. Instead there are talks about linux, mac os, etc. *sigh* Rants are not productive and kill one's desire to be helpful. Fortunately, I decided to...

ANN: DataSnap-like Client-Server JSON RESTful Services in Delphi 7-2010 [Edit]
How to implement a very useful service... say... adding two numbers? In our framework, you code Server-Side: {code} function TSQLRestServerTest.Sum(aRecord: TSQLRecord; aParameters: PUTF8Char; const aSentData: RawUTF8; var aResp, aHead: RawUTF8): Integer; var a,b: Extended; begin if not UrlDecodeNeedParameters(aParameters,'A,B') then begin result := 404; // invalid Request exit; end; while aParameters<>nil do begin UrlDecodeExtended(aParameters,'A=',a); UrlDecodeExtended(aParameters,'B=',b,@aParameters); end; aRes...

DataSnap : client switches from dead server to alive server
I am very new of this thing: DataSnap , client-server application. I need solution about 2 servers. When one of them crashes, client just gets error message and user simply changes to another server, such as type 'server name'. First, I use 'LoadParamsFromIniFile' every time I start to connect, but it does not work. Anyone can show me some lines of code to solve my problem or some suggestions? PS. I am using XE3 with embedded component. Thank you Hi there, I just got an answer by doing this:- declare.... private { Private declarations } ...

Web resources about - XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server. - embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier

An Uncrackable Case Of Unrealistic Expections
Douthat found True Detective ‘s finale wanting: The fact that the internet is full of defenses (or at least quasi-defenses ) of the “True Detective” ...

Bureau of Labor Statistics reports 209,000 new jobs created in July, slightly below expections
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that the U.S. economy created 198,000 seasonally adjusted new private non-farm jobs in July and ...

Apple beats earnings expections, will return $100 billion to shareholders
Will this be enough to fend off the Apple skeptics? The company topped Wall Street’s earnings expectations this afternoon with rising iPhone ...

Google’s Earnings Beat Expections, but Revenue Does Not
Analysts pointed to Google’s mobile business as a weakness because consumers are rapidly shifting from computer use to mobile devices.

Famous Studios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Famous Studios (renamed Paramount Cartoon Studios in 1956) was the animation division of the film studio Paramount Pictures from 1942 to 1967. ...

Sandow had to be dropped, agrees Hindmarsh
Sandow had to be dropped, agrees Hindmarsh

Great Expections Why Grimes' Misunderstood Boiler Room Set Wasn't "Trolling"
"Grimes trolls the Boiler Room" was the headline GQ chose; at music blog

Bringing true story of China to the world
A man reads a Chinese version of the book "The Man Who Changed China: The Life and Legacy of Jiang Zemin" at a bookstore in Shanghai February ...

Uncategorized - AsianWeek
Where Asian America Gathers

What You Can Do About Buy bed internet
Other platform beds use that within the bed space for storing drawers giving you the ideal space to maintain those further sheet and comforters ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 9:15:59 PM