requirements on server and client machine for DataSnap

Hi all,

I think i am a little bit confused about multi tier.
I have done a lot of research about the topic and came across thin (or zero) clients.
I learned that thin clients need a transaction server on the server machine to handle the communication.
Now I am not sure about DataSnap with a "fat" client.

what are the requirements for using DataSnap with thin and / or fat clients?
- Do I need a transaction server and thus a Server version of Windows?
- Is there anything - further than what comes with Delphi - necessary to run a 3 tier application?
- how do I choose the correct protocol for the communication or what are the differences?

TIA

Rolf
0
Rolf
4/17/2012 1:28:13 PM
embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier 396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Delphi 2009 Datasnap server and client
Hello, I am trying develop Datasnap server and client. I have a type TStringArray = array of string;. I used this type in one of server method. When I am trying to Generate Datasnap Client classes it says 'Remote error:Unknow data type: TStringArray'. How can I register this data type? -- Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan Hello, Isn't there anyone to answer my question? Also I am getting same error if I use TStrings or TWideStringArray. Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan "Md. Shariful Alam Khan" <murad_mouri@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009
I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. > {quote:title=ALEXANDER DAVID CRUZ MARQUEZ wrote:}{quote} > I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. Hi. I have exactly the same problem. Seems it's not a just an error but it's a D...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

Delphi XE2 DataSnap Server
I'm building an XE2 DataSnap server which will serve connections from REST clients. My DSServerClass LifeCycle property is set to 'Invocation'. What I want to do is to log the details of all client connections to the server, including the following details : username, IP address, protocol, application name. I can currently get these details using the following events : DSAuthenticationManager - UserAuthenticate() : username, protocol (using the standard parameters passed in) DSServer - Connect() : protocol, IP address, application name (using DSConnectEventObject.ChannelInf...

Iphone monotouch client <-> Delphi 2010 datasnap server
So, Monotouch has been released and it is now simpler to get into making iphone apps (and soon also android apps). But what is the easiest way to tie an monotouch developed iphone client to a delphi 2010 datasnap server? Any ideas? Rant: "Monotouch" should have been a delphi tool. Then it would have flown of the shelves! But noooo. Not even in the next version is such fat clients and native compiled enviroments catered for. Instead there are talks about linux, mac os, etc. *sigh* Rants are not productive and kill one's desire to be helpful. Fortunately, I decided to...

get error The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
 Hi,I was able to send mail with no trouble before few days.Then due to some reason, i Formatted pc &  re-installed visual studio & IIS Now when i try to send mail, i get this error.The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.In my web.config file i write<mailSettings>      <smtp from="myemail@gmail.com">        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="myemail" password="xxxx" defaultCredentials="fa...

Upgrading Delphi 7 Datasnap to XE: client fails to connect to server [Edit]
Hi, I'm currently working on upgrading a codebase from Delphi 7 to XE, and am currently just trying to get an older school Datasnap application working under XE. For reference: I'm developing/testing on Windows 7 64bit and currently using Delphi XE. The client application connects to the app server via a socket connection currently, and thus uses Borland Socket server, which includes using a registered "Interceptor" which does data compression/decompression. Now the problem: Currently I'm running into a problem trying to get the client to actually talk to t...

Web and/or Client Server n-Tier server
Currently we have 2 tier client server applications that we want to convert to n-tier. Do we have to build our own server or is there a distributed server tool that we can use? If we needed to build our own server are there any sites that could help us with some guidelines? I understand that Jaguar can be used for Web based applications as a transaction management. Is it for Web applications only or could it be used for client server applications also? Any help is appreciated. Carmen Jaguar is a very good fit for moving to n-tier development. We're working with it in-house...

ANN: DataSnap-like Client-Server JSON RESTful Services in Delphi 7-2010 [Edit]
How to implement a very useful service... say... adding two numbers? In our framework, you code Server-Side: {code} function TSQLRestServerTest.Sum(aRecord: TSQLRecord; aParameters: PUTF8Char; const aSentData: RawUTF8; var aResp, aHead: RawUTF8): Integer; var a,b: Extended; begin if not UrlDecodeNeedParameters(aParameters,'A,B') then begin result := 404; // invalid Request exit; end; while aParameters<>nil do begin UrlDecodeExtended(aParameters,'A=',a); UrlDecodeExtended(aParameters,'B=',b,@aParameters); end; aRes...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

DataSnap : client switches from dead server to alive server
I am very new of this thing: DataSnap , client-server application. I need solution about 2 servers. When one of them crashes, client just gets error message and user simply changes to another server, such as type 'server name'. First, I use 'LoadParamsFromIniFile' every time I start to connect, but it does not work. Anyone can show me some lines of code to solve my problem or some suggestions? PS. I am using XE3 with embedded component. Thank you Hi there, I just got an answer by doing this:- declare.... private { Private declarations } ...

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

Web resources about - requirements on server and client machine for DataSnap - embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier

Visa requirements for Swedish citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Adds Requirements For Submissions Of Apps, Open Graph Actions
Facebook announced three new requirements for developers submitting applications and Open Graph actions for approval. continued… New Career ...

Facebook platform update: ad image policy, age requirements, developer alerts
... followed or enforced. We’ve heard Facebook is developing a grid-based text overlay detection tool to identify non-compliant images. Age Requirements ...

YouTube - How to Define Agile Requirements
Veröffentlicht am 07.09.2012 Although understanding and defining user requirements is fundamental to delivering successful agile projects, this ...

Hillary Clinton's personal requirements for speech raise eyebrows
It was a list of requirements worthy of a Hollywood diva, from the temperature of the water in the carafe, to the shape of the chair cushions ...

China unlikely to cut bank reserve requirements: report
Central bank statement hints cut to reserve requirement ratio is not imminent.

Push for relaxation of workplace gender requirements
The federal government will face fresh calls to water down planned new gender equality rules for medium-sized businesses.

"Hammered asinine requirements": Now there’s a secure password
You’re best off forgetting your grammar lessons when it comes to creating passphrases, according to new research out of Carnegie Mellon University ...

Associate Bonus Watch: Without A Billable Hours Requirement, All Associates At This Firm Got Bonuses
This firm eliminated billable-hours requirements from its bonus eligibility standards, and associates seem happy with their bonuses.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
Assistant Attorney General Harriet Milks called the shift in Alaska marijuana business residency requirements a “sea change” that could “upend ...