Delphi 2009 DataSnap server application does not update DCOM configuration

Compiling and running a Delphi 7 datasnap server application works fine,
except that it does no longer update the path to the executable in the
DCOM configuration when I launch the server (as it used to be in older
Delphi versions). So the old path (pointing to the Delphi 7 version) was
still registered in the DCOM configuration.

As a workaround, I was able to modify the registry entry for the server
GUID which I found using DCOMCNFG.

Should I report this issue in QC or did I just miss an important change,
like calling a new registration method for DCOM-based datasnap servers?

Best Regards
--
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA

Hi Michael,

> Compiling and running a Delphi 7 datasnap server application works fine,
> except that it does no longer update the path to the executable in the
> DCOM configuration when I launch the server (as it used to be in older
> Delphi versions).

This has been changed since Delphi 2007 already, and is not new in
Delphi 2009.

Use tregsvr to register the server (again) with the new path.

> Best Regards

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

Delphi 2009 Datasnap server and client
Hello, I am trying develop Datasnap server and client. I have a type TStringArray = array of string;. I used this type in one of server method. When I am trying to Generate Datasnap Client classes it says 'Remote error:Unknow data type: TStringArray'. How can I register this data type? -- Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan Hello, Isn't there anyone to answer my question? Also I am getting same error if I use TStrings or TWideStringArray. Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan "Md. Shariful Alam Khan" <murad_mouri@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

Datasnap (Delphi 2009) server in a Service
Is it possible ? Is it easy ? Where I put the the three magic components ? Thanks. On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:09:51 -0700, Christopher Burke wrote: > Is it possible ? Yes > Where I put the the three magic components ? http://dn.codegear.com/article/38587 http://blogs.codegear.com/andreanolanusse/2008/07/21/tiburon-more-about-datasnap/ http://dn.codegear.com/article/38686 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:09:51 -0700, Christopher Burke wrote: > >> Is it possible ? > Yes >...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009
I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. > {quote:title=ALEXANDER DAVID CRUZ MARQUEZ wrote:}{quote} > I can't pass Blob Field through DataSnap Client/Server Delphi 2009, when I try to Open the TSqlServerMethod this says Remote Error: unexpected metadata type, but, that only when the Table or Query have Blob fields. Hi. I have exactly the same problem. Seems it's not a just an error but it's a D...

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

is there a Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 update?
Any more updates for D2009 this year? I'd like to use Table Design with IB. > {quote:title=Rich _ wrote:}{quote} > Any more updates for D2009 this year? I highly doubt it, since it's no longer the current version. > {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Rich _ wrote:}{quote} > > Any more updates for D2009 this year? > > I highly doubt it, since it's no longer the current version. What does that have to do with it? It has some bugs that could be fixed. Why not fix some bugs, it shows respect for customers? > {quote:...

Can Delphi 2010 DataSnap work with DataSnap CGI application?
Hi, I managed to create an DataSnap ISAPI DLL works with IIS and it works well. I may now use TDSProviderConnection with TSQLConnection (using DataSnap as driver) in client side to consume the ISAPI services. This time, I try create a CGI Datasnap server application.to replace the ISAPI DLL. I managed to create the CGI datasnap server. However, my client doesn't able to consume the services. It either hang forever, or prompt "HTTP/1/1 500 session expired". Does anyone have ideas what's going on? Or the Delphi 2010 datasnap doesn't works with CGI? -- Best...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 DataSnap server application does not update DCOM configuration - embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...