XE7 app crashing on iOS 8

Towards the end of last year (2014), I had an app accepted into the Apple App Store, built using XE7.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/carval-hr-unity/id907487209?mt=8

This still installs and works on devices running iOS 7. However, several customers have reported that it installs on iOS 8 but doesn't run, it just crashes after the splash screen. We have 2 devices here, one on iOS7 and the other on iOS 8. As reported, the iOS7 app installs and runs, the iOS8 app installs and crashes.

I'm aware of the 64-bit introduction from February 2015 for new apps, and from April for updates, but this app has been on the store since last year. I was under the impression that existing apps would continue to function OK.

Now, I do have XE8 and so I can rebuild and go through the App Store submission again, but this will take time. I'm slightly concerned that existing apps are failing to work on new releases of iOS 8.

Does anyone have any insight into why this might be happening? It is expected?

Thanks,
Jason.
0
Jason
7/9/2015 11:39:07 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

iOS8 made several subtle changes that could be a problem depending on what services you are using.

It would help to know where you are crashing.  Get the console log and/or the crash log and find out how far into your app you are when it crashes.

You can also write your own log entries to get a handle on where you are when it crashes.

electriclabs makes Console that displays the console log now that iCU no longer works in iOS8.  I understand you can also get the console log from inside XCode if the phone is connected to your mac, not very helpful for me since I am using a cloud mac.

Oh, another question, is it crashing during install or after install when you try to run it.
0
Gary
7/9/2015 4:51:33 PM
> {quote:title=Gary Wardell wrote:}{quote}
>
> It would help to know where you are crashing.  Get the console log and/or the crash log and find out how far into your app you are when it crashes.
>
> Oh, another question, is it crashing during install or after install when you try to run it.

Thanks for the reply, Gary.

Current reports are saying it crashes after showing the splash screen. So it installs OK, starts to run OK, but then crashes as it is about to show the main form.

Unfortunately I don't have an iOS8 device here to test on, and it runs fine in the iOS Simulator, which is up to date with iOS 8.4, so I can't get the crash logs.

I've rebuilt with XE8 and submitted an app update. It will be interesting to see if this resolves the issue.
0
Jason
7/10/2015 8:10:25 AM
To follow this up, the app has been rebuilt using XE8 and accepted into the store, and is now working.
0
Jason
7/14/2015 8:47:58 AM
Spoke too soon, app now opens and runs, displays the data and then hangs. Still works fine on iOS7, though.
0
Jason
7/14/2015 11:03:29 AM
> {quote:title=Jason Sweby wrote:}{quote}
> Spoke too soon, app now opens and runs, displays the data and then hangs. Still works fine on iOS7, though.

Jason,

You need to check the crash log for your app.

Lots of things changed between iOS 7 and 8 and many things that always worked will now crash.
Once you figure out how to get crash logs and how to interpret them, you will figure out the problem(s?) very quickly.

Go into iTunesConnect and on your app's screen, scroll all the way to the bottom to find the "Crash Reports" link.

Here's a link that explains a lot about them:
http://www.raywenderlich.com/23704/demystifying-ios-application-crash-logs

Dan
0
Daniel
7/14/2015 1:31:12 PM
Thanks Dan.
0
Jason

Can I do this with iOS apps developed in Delphi XE4 Pro + iOS?
I still don't have XE4/iOS as I have some questions first. Do I have access to iOS "native" library/system? What do I use for internet (downloading files etc.) - Indy? *If my research is correct, Google maps is available for iOS? Can I use Google maps or Apple's maps solutions in Delphi iOS apps?* If I have XE4 Pro, can I still use database functionality? Any restrictions? (Am I allowed to use what iOS offers or connect with a database on a webserver?) Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I onl...

iOS App on XE7! keyboard crash!!
Hello developers, i tried new XE7, but sometimes my app crash(black screen appear on my iPad and then crash app) when i click on the TEdit or TNumberBox! Without any code! on the xcode 6.0.1 appears in the log: (UIKitApplication:<myappbundle>[0x82ce]) exited with the code: 230 awdd[628] < error> codeLocation : ClClient is deprecated. will be obsolate soon. My TEdit's are working okay. Maybe it is some event or style you are using? Also you have the option to use the native TEdit control now in XE7. Native Presentation of TEdit and TCalendar on iOS On the iOS targ...

App quits right after launch in iOS Simulator (iOS 8.1)
Delphi XE7 Update 1 (Version 21.0.17707.5020) Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.2) XCode version 6.1.1 PAServer version 15 for XE7 Update 1 Connection to PAServer is successfully configured in Tools / Options / Connection Profile Manager. iOS SDK 8.1 is successfully added using Tools / Options / SDK Manager. *Note:* when adding iOS SDK in Delphi, I only get the option to pick iOS 8 SDK. I have read elsewhere on this forum that iOS 8 SDK/Simulator is not working with Delphi. Is that the case? If so, how do I add SDK for earlier version of iOS then? The command showing in PAServer Manager on Ma...

App quits right after launch in iOS Simulator (iOS 8.1) [Edit]
*Application compiles and deploys to iOS Simulator just fine. I do not get any error or warning messages along the way.* *However, when iOS Simulator launches, and then the Project 1 "app" launches in it, it quits right away. I do not see my app at all. Only an all black screen momentarily comes up in iOS Simulator upon Project 1 app launch and then it quits and I am back at the iOS Simulator main screen.* I tried picking iPhone 5 as the Target. It changes the iOS Simulator on Mac to now look like iPhone 5, but still the same behavior. The Project 1 app won't launch--quits right...

XE7 IOS App hangs IOS device when first cleared from Memory and restarted
Anyone seen the issue where when you deploy an app to an IOS device (which deploys no problems) but then clear from running on IOS device by double tapoing on IOS device home button then swiping app off screen, this then hangs the device for up to 5 mins, Happening on both iPad and iPhone for IOS 7 and 8. Once iOS device comes back this issue does not happen again unless app is deployed to device again. i.e. you can start app and clear as above and then works as expected. Only happens the first time after the app has first been deployed. Anyone seen or know of a fix for this? Thanks ...

XE7 IOS App hangs IOS device when first cleared from Memory and restarted
Anyone seen the issue where when you deploy an app to an IOS device (which deploys no problems) but then clear from running on IOS device by double tapoing on IOS device home button then swiping app off screen, this then hangs the device for up to 5 mins, Happening on both iPad and iPhone for IOS 7 and 8. Once iOS device comes back this issue does not happen again unless app is deployed to device again. i.e. you can start app and clear as above and then works as expected. Only happens the first time after the app has first been deployed. Anyone seen or know of a fix for this? Thanks ...

Xe7-ios How to print with IOS
Hi I will like to print with my program on IOS Do you have example for that. On delphi I use command print; Thank Mario There are other ways but you can print via the ShareSheet functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkM6fYN6aY > {quote:title=Eli M wrote:}{quote} > There are other ways but you can print via the ShareSheet functionality. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkM6fYN6aY Thank you It is a good idea but I have error when I compile this programm [DCC Erreur] uMain.pas(23): E2003 Identificateur non déclaré : ...

XE7 ios 8.3 app it close immediately
Hi, my configuration XE7 upd1 - ios 8.3 I have updated with Hotfix 8.1.3/8.2 now When I deploy any app into iphone ... the app start but it closes immediately I have tried with clear app with only button ... same problem ... With old Apps with AD-HOC profile ... I receive a error "Unable to install package .(e8008016 )" I am going crazy Check if you are putting correctly the CFBundleIdentifier as explained here: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Provisioning_an_iOS_Application#Creating_an_App_ID_for_Your_Application > {quote:title=Antonello...

FYI
Just received this from Apple. --- Dear Developer, As we announced in October, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code. If you have any questions, visit the Apple Developer Forums. Best regards, Apple Developer Technical Support "R&am...

XE8 Update 1 IOS 8.4 Dictation crashes apps
create new fm application -> drop Tedit on form -> run on ios 8.4 device -> click the Tedit -> click microphone = app crashes and or freezes is there any fix for this? > {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote} > create new fm application -> drop Tedit on form -> run on ios 8.4 device -> click the Tedit -> click microphone = app crashes and or freezes > > is there any fix for this? Have you tried to change the control type to "Platform" to use the native component (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/FireMonkey_Native_iOS_Cont...

Delphi app in Apple App Store for iOS
Have you guys with iPhones and iPads seen that there is a Delphi produced app, running Interbase To Go, approved for download on the Apple App Store? I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) -- Nick > I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app > store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) There are 6 apps that shows up... which one is it? - Palo Alto - Embarcadero (Fom Scott James, mapping software or something..) - Heart of...

ios 8.4 app build with XE8 update1, after run for a while, it will crash.
ios 8.4 app build with XE8 update1, after run for a while, it will crash. It may be crash at anywhere, seems not my software bug. But i can't debug with xe8 update1+xcode6.4+ios8.4 pad air, when start with debug, it will close the app after start. I have try this. but... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=115497&tstart=0 Please help me. thanks Joes. ...

ios 8.4 app build with XE8 update1, after run for a while, it will crash.
ios 8.4 app build with XE8 update1, after run for a while, it will crash. It may be crash at anywhere, seems not my software bug. But i can't debug with xe8 update1+xcode6.4+ios8.4 pad air, when start with debug, it will close the app after start. I have try this. but... https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=115497&tstart=0 Please help me. thanks Joes. ...

Cannot deploy IOS app to IOS simulator
After upgrading my iPhone to IOS 8, installing XCode 6.0.1 on my Mac, and downloading the SDKs in the IDE, I get the error 'Session Start Error. Simulator session timed out' when I compile and deploy a demo app. The PS Server is running on the Mac and the connection tests successfully. This was all working prior to the IOS and XCode upgrade. Any ideas? Also since there are no 'Views' for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus I assume there might be an update that will include them. Is that the case? Thanks > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > At ...

iOS 8.1.3/8.2 Deployment Beta Hotfix for XE7 Pro warning
I installed the XE7 hotfix that was issued Friday April 10th 2015 named iOS 8.1.3/8.2 Deployment Beta Hotfix for XE7 Pro and now my IDE will not start due to a EPackageRegistrationException in module coreide210.bpl at 00031CBB error. I did submit this to Quality Portal. I hope I don't have to reinstall it. At least I am able to use XE8, but not all my 3rd parties have updated their components. One thing I have found with XE8 is that I can now deploy to an iOS 7.1 iPhone 4 and a iOS8 iPhone 6 Plus with 8.3. I'm using XCode 6.3 on Yosemite. Regards, Brent I applied this to ...

Cannot Deploy iOS App to iOS Simulator on MacinCloud [Edit]
I created an application and decided to run it on iOS Simulator, but when I click run I see this error: http://postimg.org/image/cxtb17xo1/ Edited by: dsfgdsag sdfgsdf on Dec 8, 2013 10:20 AM dsfgdsag sdfgsdf wrote: > I created an application and decided to run it on iOS Simulator, but when I click run I see this error: http://postimg.org/image/cxtb17xo1/ > > Edited by: dsfgdsag sdfgsdf on Dec 8, 2013 10:20 AM > Any chance you have an environment variable named PLATFORM set? This is common on HP computers. If so, delete it and restart your IDE. Also discussed here: ht...

iOS apps made with XE7
I heard that iOS now must be 64bit otherwise it will be rejected in the app store is this mean I can no longer use XE 7 to build an iOS app and publish it ? Many thanks Remy, here goes away the new project, my client will probably hire an objective-c programmer. Edited by: John Birch on Feb 18, 2015 6:17 PM John wrote: > I heard that iOS now must be 64bit otherwise it will be rejected > in the app store A new app that is not in the store yet must include a 64bit version (and be compiled with the iOS 8 SDK), yes. An existing 32bit app that is already in the store has un...

IO::Socket, or any IO
------=_Part_110935_21218926.1156438461026 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline I was thinking of rewriting a little webserver program I wrote in Perl 5 using Pugs. I was wondering what the equivilent (if any) of IO::Socket is. I suppose I could use an external webserver and use CGI to get this working with IO, but my preference would be a pure Perl 6 approach. If you're wondering, the program I wrote is a simple little webpage with two buttons so my wife can play music off my Linux box (with g...

Does Delphi for iOS come with native iOS UI controls?
According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UISwitch, MKMapView, etc.), i.e. the same ones that one sees in XCode InterfaceBuilder? Le 31/01/13 19:02, Jacques Gonzalez a écrit : > According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, > Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". > > Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UIS...

iOS 8.2 and XE7
No problem with iOS 8.2 and Xcode 6.2 ? Delphi XE7 works fine with it ? Unknown since Apple is down. Don't keep all your eggs in the Apple basket. App Store Service is unavailable for all users. iTunes Store Service is unavailable for all users. Mac App Store Service is unavailable for all users. iBooks Store Service may be unavailable for all users. https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ iTunes Connect Users are experiencing a problem with the service listed above. TestFlight Users are experiencing a problem with the service listed above. https://...

Delphi XE7, iOS and InputQuery
I would like to use an 'InputQuery' component to request a Username and Password from the user. I am able to achieve my goal with my Android app but not with my iPad one. 'InputQuery' only requests one of the two values. Am I doing something wrong or is 'InputQuery' not working properly on iOS? ...

Deploy iOS app (32/64) onto iPad, the app when clicked, crashed using XE8
Hi I have upgraded XE7 to XE8. Xcode is 6.3.2 I have update the iOS Simulator patch to run on iOS 8. Now, when i deploy the app onto my iPad, the app is shown on the iPad. Once when i click on the app, it open and suddenly closes again. How to debug such problem. I created a new app with just 1 TButton and it also gives me the same crashing problem Please help on how to debug such problem BTW, could Embarcadero specify what version of Xcode it requires to use. Although the requirement states Xcode 6. but Xcode 6.3.2 may not be able to work on the new XE8 without the patch. ...

C++Builder does not support running iOS apps on the iOS Simulator, Why?
C++Builder does not support running iOS apps on the iOS Simulator, but does support the iOS Device. Why? > The compiler for iOS and the Intel microprocessor is not available yet Delphi support El 05/10/2014 10:12, ww6 wuxu escribió: >> The compiler for iOS and the Intel microprocessor is not available yet > > Delphi support > I meant the C++ front end El 05/10/2014 5:02, ww6 wuxu escribió: > C++Builder does not support running iOS apps on the iOS Simulator, but does support the iOS Device. > Why? > The compiler for iOS and the In...

Web resources about - XE7 app crashing on iOS 8 - embarcadero.delphi.ios

Wedding crashing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the Busted song, see Crashed the Wedding . For something that is offered at the event, such as free catered food or alcoholic beverages . Crashing ...

Search Twitter - twitter crashing
Log in Sign up Search Refresh Nine News Australia @ 9NewsAUS 33m . @U2 ’s Bono will require surgery after crashing his bicycle in New York City’s ...

Driver casually exits truck through windshield after crashing - YouTube
Like a Boss ! Авария на южной объездной г.Владимир Чувак вышел через лобовуху

Trail bike rider dies after crashing into tree
A 24-year-old trail bike rider has died after he crashed into a tree south-west of Sydney.

Satellite Pictures Of The Empty Chinese Cities Where Home Prices Are Crashing
The long-predicted crash has arrived with a vengeance in China’s original ghost city. Click here to see satellite pictures > Home prices have ...

How the deliberate crashing of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 unfolded
As they climbed towards their cruising altitude of 38,000 feet, the conversation between Captain Patrick Sonderheimer and his co-pilot Andreas ...

A water skier is critical after crashing into trees at 90km/h on Hawkesbury River
A WATER skier is in a critical condition after crashing into trees at 90km along the banks of the Hawkesbury River this morning.

Rui Costa claims men's road race at world cycling championships as Evans is hospitalised after crashing ...
Australia's Cadel Evans has been hospitalised after crashing out of a dramatic men's road race won by Portugal's Alberto Rui Costa in testing ...

Man dies after crashing into dam at Mount Samson
Man has died after crashing his car into a dam northwest of Brisbane.

Safari on iOS and Mac crashing today for many users, bug related to Safari Suggestions
... iPad and Mac. For many users, simply tapping in the URL bar will cause the browser app to crash completely. The exact issue causing the crashing ...