How to create iOS Service application using delphi XE8

Hi,

I'm using Delphi XE8 for developing mobile application. In that I have tried to create Service application for Android and iOs. And from the internet I found some of the sample code for developing Service application in Android.  [Sample code for Android Service application|http://blog.blong.com/2013/11/delphi-and-android-services.html] . And Please provide me any sample code for developing Service Application for iPhone(iOs) or is the same code can be used for iPhone also. Please help me in this. Thanks
A lot.
0
Delphi
5/11/2015 7:12:34 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/BackgroundExecution/BackgroundExecution.html
0
Eli
5/11/2015 10:10:09 PM
The link is fine. But how can I implement using Delphi XE8. Any examples are there. If there please provide me the link.
0
Delphi
5/12/2015 5:32:13 AM
Please provide me any link which contains the sample program for this.?
0
Delphi

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/msword; name="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAbwIAAAAAAAAA EAAAcQIAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGoCAABrAgAAbAIAAG...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

Delphi XE8, using iOS framework gives AV
The app uses the iOS framework CoreMIDI and works fine targeting iOSDevice (8.2), but on iOSSimulator (iOS8.2) I get an AV on the first function call (MIDIGetNumberOfSources) from this framework. There are no errors shown by Delphi, nor by the paServer in Verbose mode, and a *new empty app that only calls MIDIGetNumberOfSources, does not fail either*! How can calling a framework suddenly not work, in this main app? I think the bindings for the framework are correct. I have added the framework to the iPhoneSimulator 8.2 SDK in the Delphi SDK manager, updated local File Cache and verifi...

Creating iOS Apps Using Delphi XE2 (webinar)
Register here: http://forms.embarcadero.com/forms/AMUSCA1206RADMobileWebinar6-06 Feel free to tune in tomorrow (June 6th) at 6am, 11am or 5pm PDT. That should be 1pm UTC, 6pm UTC and 12am (June 7th) in UTC. PS: MathViz 1.1 for iOS is now free in the AppStore. Enjoy! -- Anders Ohlsson - http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/ Embarcadero Developer Relations "A golf course that does not have a pub after the 18th hole is like an acupuncturist who does not offer needle removal." > {quote:title=Anders Ohlsson wrote:}{quote} > Register here: > > http://...

[...]

Can Delphi XE7 (Pascal) be used to create a STATIC lib for iOS?
I tried creating a package for iOS Device and compiled it but can't find any ".a" files created anywhere. Is this something that only can be done in C++, or is there a way to do this in Pascal? If so, then how is this done...that is, what do I need to do to generate a ".a" static lib for iOS with Delphi (pascal) XE7? Thanks. Jeff Jeff wrote: > I tried creating a package for iOS Device and compiled it but can't > find any ".a" files created anywhere. Is this something that only > can be done in C++, or is there a way to do th...

Does Delphi for iOS come with native iOS UI controls?
According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UISwitch, MKMapView, etc.), i.e. the same ones that one sees in XCode InterfaceBuilder? Le 31/01/13 19:02, Jacques Gonzalez a écrit : > According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, > Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". > > Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UIS...

Can I do this with iOS apps developed in Delphi XE4 Pro + iOS?
I still don't have XE4/iOS as I have some questions first. Do I have access to iOS "native" library/system? What do I use for internet (downloading files etc.) - Indy? *If my research is correct, Google maps is available for iOS? Can I use Google maps or Apple's maps solutions in Delphi iOS apps?* If I have XE4 Pro, can I still use database functionality? Any restrictions? (Am I allowed to use what iOS offers or connect with a database on a webserver?) Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I onl...

Using MessageUI in Delphi XE5-iOS
Does anyone here have a clue how I should be able to send emails using the MessageUI on iOS? Afaik it's not natively supported by DelphiXE5. I need to send out an email with a file attached (no bitmap so the Media Library's share sheet won't do). If there are better ways to achieve this then suggestions are welcome also. t.i.a. Hert Hert Vanzet wrote: > Does anyone here have a clue how I should be able to send emails using the MessageUI on iOS? Afaik it's not natively > supported by DelphiXE5. You can use either Indy (TIdSMTP) component, or use DPF: ht...

Using C libraries with Delphi and iOS
Is it possible to combine C code with a Delphi app for iOS? I have some legacy C libraries I'd like to use use with an iPad application. iOS support is provided by FPC and FPC does allow the linking in of C object files generated using gcc. However, this being iOS there could be limitations as to exactly what can be included. Just try it and see if it works. Regards Mike <Herbert Sauro> wrote in message news:460246@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is it possible to combine C code with a Delphi app for iOS? I have some > legacy C libraries I'd like to use use with...

Delphi XE8 IdSSLOpenSSL crashes on iOS
Hi! I got an e-mail from one of my users of my component: Hi, I’ve managed to locate where the code is failing and put together a simple test case which demonstrates the problem. The problem occurs in TCPClientThread.pas in procedure TTCPClientThread.IdTCPClientConnected in the line SendPassWord := HashSHA512String(Trim(ServerResponse) + PassWord)); The call to HashSHA512String fails consistently on IOS with the error “Access violation at address 0000000000000000, accessing address 0000000000000000. This occurs on iDevices running IOS 8.3 both in 64 bit and 32 bit...

Web resources about - How to create iOS Service application using delphi XE8 - embarcadero.delphi.ios

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...