How do you stop virtual keyboard showing when text changed programmatically

Hi,

I have a TButton control that updates TMemo.text when pressed, however this causes the virtual keyboard to then show if its not presently visible or hide the virtual keyboard if its visible.

How do I keep the virtual keyboard in its current state of hiidden/visible when updating TMemo text programmatically?

Currently I'm using

procedure TBSFRMMainiPad.genButtonMouseUp(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Single);
begin

MyMemo.Text:='Some Text';

//leave the virtual keyboard in the state it was
FService.SetHideKeyboardButtonVisibility(not FService.IsHideKeyboardButtonVisible);

end;

However, this is a bit rubbish as the user can see the keyboard appearing and disappearing or visa versa.
0
Stuart
11/13/2013 10:37:18 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stuart Cross wrote:

> However, this is a bit rubbish as the user can see the keyboard appearing and disappearing or visa versa.

Using XE5 Update 1 on iOS7, the issue doesn't happen for me.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Stuart Cross wrote:
>
> > However, this is a bit rubbish as the user can see the keyboard appearing and disappearing or visa versa.
>
> Using XE5 Update 1 on iOS7, the issue doesn't happen for me.
>
> --
> Dave Nottage [TeamB]
> Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog

Cool thanks. No plans to upgrade to XE5 though.

Think the solution is going to be creating the buttons on the Virtual keyboard itself rather than using TButton control but may have the same effect.
0
Stuart
11/14/2013 10:52:15 PM
Stuart Cross wrote:

> Cool thanks. No plans to upgrade to XE5 though.

Just did it with XE4: Same result. Which version of Delphi are you using?

You might also like to post a test case in the attachments group.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog
0
Dave
11/15/2013 7:07:19 AM
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Stuart Cross wrote:
>
> > Cool thanks. No plans to upgrade to XE5 though.
>
> Just did it with XE4: Same result. Which version of Delphi are you using?
>
> You might also like to post a test case in the attachments group.
>
> --
> Dave Nottage [TeamB]
> Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog

Apologies, looks like its not the setting of the text thats causing the is causing the issue, its the SetFocus command thats causing the problem

E.g.
MyMemo.SetFocus;
0
Stuart

show/hide virtual keyboard on iOS
Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components? > {quote:title=Csaba Horvath wrote:}{quote} > Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components? i need to hi...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

Show Virtual Keyboard.
Hello everybody, I wonder how to trigger the virtual keyboard , even with a keyboard connected to the tablet with android . Thank you . The global variable VKAutoShowMode is set to Always in the .dpr file: VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.Always; This means that the virtual (onscreen) keyboard appears automatically for Windows and mobile applications even if a device has a physical keyboard. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/XE7/en/FMX.Mobile.ScrollableForm_Sample_%28Delphi%29 Hello Eli, Sorry for the delay Did not work , only the windows in the android keyboard a...

Android - Virtual Keyboard
By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? > {quote:title=Sebastian Kozub wrote:}{quote} > By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. > > I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( > > How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? Solved: ...

How to Change Keyboard Layout Programmatically ?
  Hi There  I have a website with multiple languages on of them is arabic which is right to left .   I have many text boxes and i could manage to set the cursor on the right via css . The problem is i want the user to start writting in arabic directly without the need to change the writting language from keyboard. are there any way to simulate the left alt + shift click which is used to change to arabic or any code to change the direction of the cursor in the textboxes automatically in arabic page .   i have read many posts before but none of them is useful fo...

Delphi XE5 virtual keyboard
I Created a FireMonkey application with Delphi Mobile XE5 with a TWebBrowser-component that displays the site google.com to allow the user to perform a search. Unfortunately, the keyboard is only possible for componenents TEdit, there is a way to use it also for the text components that appear within the website? Thank you! ...

Programmatically Change Datagrid Header Text
Hi, Can anyone please tell how to programmatically change the header text of a datagrid ? Thanks Phillip You have to change the header text in the ItemDatabound event. if(e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Header) { //If you have placed a label in the header.... Label lbl = e.Item.Controls[1] as Label; lbl.Text = "New header text"; } Also note that DataGridItem is derived from TableRow so you can do a lot of customizing.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

Changing DotNetNuke Label Text Programmatically
Hi, How do I change the DNN label.text property programmatically?  I setup a normal dnn:label with id, resourcekey and controlname.  Entered some text in the resource file - DNNLabel.Text but can't seem to change the .text of it programmatically.  Before I head down the "find the control on the page" road I was wondering if there's an easier way. Thanks,Bill Leave out the resourcekey in the ascx declaration if you want to programmatically change it....

How to change txt2.text when the txt1's.text changes using JavaScript?
Hello! I want some JavaScript (or any other client-side) solution for my problem thatdescribed here:  http://forums.asp.net/p/1382766/2930267.aspx In a few words, my problem is that i don't know the way to change the txt2.text valuewhen the txt1.text value changes... Please read the http://forums.asp.net/p/1382766/2930267.aspx first...I want only JavaScript solution... Thank you very much! Like this? <input type="text" id="TextBox1" name="TextBox1" onchange="textBox1OnChange(this);" runat="server" /><input type...

Can you stop the text from showing for a checkbox?
I’m using the following ASP control to pass a value through the TEXT field: <asp:CheckBox id="CoursePassed"   runat="server"   checked='<%# Bind("CoursePassed") %>'   text='<%# Bind("psnEventId") %>'       OnCheckedChanged="CoursePassed_CheckedChanged"> </asp:CheckBox>  And reading it in the following code:    Protected Sub CoursePassed_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) &nbs...

Change text when showing on grid view
Dear guys I want to connect a datagrid to a table in sql server and for one of the columns, I want to show decrypted values instead of directly showing values from table. In other words, I want to perform some modifications on the value from table before showing it up in grid view. Is this possible? Regards You can modify the things you want in GridView_RowDataBound eventprotected void GridView1_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e){    if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow)    {       //Do something her...

How to show or hide the Virtual Keyboard on demand?
FM2/XE3: I am looking for a way to show or hide the systems virtual keyboard with the design of choice (numbers, keys, keys+numpad...) under delphi firemonkey, since firemonkey does not support TTouchkeyboard. How can I manage to do this? (should run on Win7 and Win 8) The virtual KB is said to be supported under XE3, but I did not found any matching code. Also it was not possible to implement FMX.Platform... (?) Thank you in Advance! PS: Any Alternative to TTouchkeyboard for FM2 known already? Try to combine vkasAlways + vkasNever VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.vkasAl...

changing the text on text box
hello, i need to build an addon which takes (on mouse click) the text of any given input text box and change it. how do i get theobject of the text box and set my text to its value. thanks... ...

Web resources about - How do you stop virtual keyboard showing when text changed programmatically - embarcadero.delphi.ios

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Now Marketers Can Buy Sponsored Content Programmatically
Publishers' branded content is going programmatic. Today, Sharethrough and AppNexus are rolling out real-time bidding for Sharethrough's news ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...

TV Ads Could Soon Be Sold Programmatically, Magna’s Todd Gordon
The key efficiency new-wave digital media sales holds over TV is clear – super-targeting through addressable, automated and programmatic buying ...

How To Use Facebook's New Power Editor For Ads
Here's a guide to the power editor in Facebook's ad manager.