Delphi XE5 DCC Error E2597

I can compile and run a FireMonkey app when I select the iOS Simulator.
However when I try to compile it for iPhoneOS5.0 as the target platform
I get the following error:
[DCC Error] E2597 ld: warning: directory not found for option
'-FC:\Users\Glen\Documents\RAD
Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS5.0.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks'
   ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libnotify.dylib for architecture
armv7

Could someone please advise me on what I am doing wrong.

This also happens when I try one of the sample apps that installed with
delphi as well.

Glen
1/3/2014 4:34:27 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Glen Welch wrote:

> However when I try to compile it for iPhoneOS5.0 as the target
> platform I get the following error:
> [DCC Error] E2597 ld: warning: directory not found for option
> '-FC:\Users\Glen\Documents\RAD
> Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS5.0.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks'
>    ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libnotify.dylib for
> architecture armv7

You can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) target iOS 5.0 with XE5.
Make sure iOS 6.1 or iOS 7 is selected in the SDK manager.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
On 3/01/2014 6:29 p.m., Dave Nottage wrote:
> Glen Welch wrote:
>
>> However when I try to compile it for iPhoneOS5.0 as the target
>> platform I get the following error:
>> [DCC Error] E2597 ld: warning: directory not found for option
>> '-FC:\Users\Glen\Documents\RAD
>> Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS5.0.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks'
>>     ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libnotify.dylib for
>> architecture armv7
>
> You can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) target iOS 5.0 with XE5.
> Make sure iOS 6.1 or iOS 7 is selected in the SDK manager.

Thanks for that - should have clicked about the iOS 5, guess I was
seeing the iPhone 5 and just didnt think enough about it.

How do I select iOS 6.1 or 7 in the SDK manager - is that on XCode. I am
not in front of of the Mac at the moment.

Glen

Delphi XE5: ios Error
I try to run e mobile app on a ios device (debug mode).. Unfortunately it doesn't work. The app works on the android device and on the ios simulater properly. When i use xcode itself to develop an app it works also everything fine, so I guess everything is ok with my certificate and my profisioning file.. I have several certificates installed on my mac. When I use my "iPhone Developer: Christian Schmid (<number>) certificate, I get a [PAClient Error] Code 1.. When I'am using my "3rd Party Mac Developer Ap plication: Christian Schmid" certificate, the built is succ...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Generating Datamodule
Delphi 2007 I'm trying to automatically generate the source for a data module from using an existing Paradox database defintiion, the database is reasonably large (100+ tables, 1000+fields) and is still evolving so I want to be able to generate a module now, and another one in a few weeks when it's changed. [I'm building a Blackfish equivalent, so it will be a DBExpress / Blackfish solution, so Paradox is irrelevant, just being used as source for database defintion] I've been able to generate a PAS and DFM file that will compile, but when I try to link I get the follow...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
I'm trying to compile the following code but the compiler gives me an internal error message. This is my second experiment with generics and it is complete failure. Do they work at all? I'm very disappointed. Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 I have posted the project (a simple console application) to the attachments group. Can anybody compile this code in their Delphi XE IDE? program Multicast; {$APPT...

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; name="Multicast.dpr" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 DCC Error E2597 - embarcadero.delphi.ios