DCCIOS32 - iOS Simulator

Hi,

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the difference between targetting the iOS simulator and targetting an iOS device.

1) Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that:
1a. DCCIOS32 (iOS Simulator) only allows linking agains dynamic libraries, and not static libraries (not sure why).
1b. DCCIOSARM (iOS Device) only allows linking against static libraries, and not dynamic libraries (to prevent code injection in devices).
1c. DCCOSX (OS X) allows linking against both dynamic and static libraries.

2) Does this mean that if I only have third-party static libaries I am screwed if I want to run and debug in the iOS Simulator? Even if LIPO was used to include the X86 image in the library file (*.a)?

3) If we have the source then can we use XCode to produce a DYLIB file instead for testing in the iOS Simulator (I know there is a hidden setting to allow XCode to produce DYLIB).

4) If I want to build Delphi sources to libraries does it mean I have to compile to both static and shared libraries to target the different iOS platforms?

5) Even so, I am not able to get any DYLIB to link in DCCIOS32. I am using the DYLIB files from the iPhoneSimulator SDK (which I would have thought is targetted for the simulator), but getting a "Bad object file format" error. It seems clear I do not understand the iOS linking process at all. I will be grateful if anyone can explain this one to me. I added the {$L libiconv.dylib} option to my source to test. I even copied it to my source folder in case Delphi was looking somewhere else.

Any clarifications will be greatly appreciated.
0
Jako
6/2/2015 4:20:36 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've heard DCCIOSARM can do dylib under IOS8. Haven't researched it.

Sample cross platform library (it is suppose to support IOS simulator but I haven't tried it):
http://www.fmxexpress.com/convert-sound-files-and-apply-audio-effects-in-delphi-xe8-firemonkey-on-android-and-ios/

Another cross platform library that includes the libraries a different way:
http://www.fmxexpress.com/free-lua-scripting-interpreter-library-for-delphi-xe7-firemonkey-on-android-and-ios/

I'm not sure if Delphi can produce a IOS static library. This does though: http://julien.marcel.free.fr/ObjP_Part7.html
0
Eli
6/8/2015 4:21:46 AM
Thank you for the reply. I have been trying to say thank you but the reply editor in these forums kept giving an eventual timeout error.

I am actually trying to see if I can convince the ZBar library to link in Delphi for the iOS Simulator target.
0
Jako

Web resources about - DCCIOS32 - iOS Simulator - embarcadero.delphi.ios

Driving simulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SIMUVEG . Driving Simulator developed by SINTEC-INTRAS ( University of Valencia ) Spain . Used in evaluation of drivers, roads, IVIS devices ...

Realistic Facebook Privacy Simulator Game: Guess Wrong, And See Mark Zuckerberg Dance
... game, but don’t tell that to daily content site Us Vs Th3m , which debuted amusing and thought-provoking game Realistic Facebook Privacy Simulator ...

Mac App Store - Euro Truck Simulator
Get Euro Truck Simulator on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Yandere Simulator: Video game lets Japanese schoolgirl stalk, murder peers
A JAPANESE schoolgirl stands still for a moment contemplating her next move. Her white shirt is covered in blood and a steely determination ...

Phoenix bushfire simulator helps firefighters and communities to plan for disaster
Firefighters and planners are using an Australian-made bushfire simulator to help them do their job.

Oh…Sir! Insult Simulator Launches on iOS
Vile Monarch and Gambitious Digital Entertainment have released Oh…Sir!, a multiplayer insult simulator, on iOS. The game was inspired by the ...

Sekai Project, DEADFACTORY's Yohjo Simulator Game Removed from Steam
Creator: "Game will return to Steam soon" had released the "little girl simulator" game on Steam on November 17, and the game had been removed ...

Assetto Corsa: Are PS4 and Xbox One ready for a true driving simulator?
... system. The latter is perhaps why developer Kunos Simulazioni has faced such opposition to the console port of Assetto Corsa, a racing simulator ...

ISIS Training Militants On Commercial Flight Simulators In Libya
ISIS Training Militants On Commercial Flight Simulators In Libya

Yandere Simulator is the latest game banned from Twitch
The controversial stalking and murdering game Yandere Simulator has been banned from being streamed on Twitch , joining the likes of BMX XXX ...