Socket Error #10054 error in IW Demo Project [Edit]

I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message

Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054
Connection reset by peer.

<Later edit>
I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/

What to do to fix this?

TIA

Dick

Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 AM

Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 9:01 AM
0
Richard
9/6/2009 4:02:50 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just press F9 and it will continue. This can be caused by the browser or
proxies. IE does this a lot.

Richard Bryant wrote:
> I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message
>
> Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054
> Connection reset by peer.
>
> <Later edit>
> I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/
>
> What to do to fix this?
>
> TIA
>
> Dick
>
> Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 AM
>
> Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 9:01 AM
0
Chad
9/6/2009 5:04:40 PM
Hoo Ha... Wouldn't THIS be a great thing to have in the FAQ for IW! ;-) Hopefully this is only when it's being hosted locally.

Thanks for the REALLY quick answer!

> {quote:title=Chad Hower wrote:}{quote}
> Just press F9 and it will continue. This can be caused by the browser or
> proxies. IE does this a lot.
>
> Richard Bryant wrote:
> > I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message
> >
> > Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054
> > Connection reset by peer.
> >
> > <Later edit>
> > I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/
> >
> > What to do to fix this?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dick
> >
> > Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 AM
> >
> > Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 9:01 AM
0
Richard
9/6/2009 5:40:33 PM
It used to be in the FAQ, but I couldn't find it when I looked. It also
used to be in the Indy FAQ but I couldn't find it either.

Richard Bryant wrote:
> Hoo Ha... Wouldn't THIS be a great thing to have in the FAQ for IW! ;-) Hopefully this is only when it's being hosted locally.
>
> Thanks for the REALLY quick answer!
>
>> {quote:title=Chad Hower wrote:}{quote}
>> Just press F9 and it will continue. This can be caused by the browser or
>> proxies. IE does this a lot.
>>
>> Richard Bryant wrote:
>>> I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message
>>>
>>> Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054
>>> Connection reset by peer.
>>>
>>> <Later edit>
>>> I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/
>>>
>>> What to do to fix this?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Dick
>>>
>>> Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 AM
>>>
>>> Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 9:01 AM
Chad

Socket Error #10054 In IW Demo Project
I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer. What to do to fix this? TIA Dick Hi Richard, > I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Socket Error # 10054
I'm running Windows 7 using Fusion 5 on a Macbook Pro (OSX Maveric). I have recently been able to run and debug to my iPhone and to the iOS Simulator. When returning to my projects I'm no longer able to deploy my projects. (Only changes may be some updates to Windows 7). The Connection to the PAServer is successful and deploying a test project directly from XCode also works. The deployment stops at MyProject.dSYM. In fact Delphi deploys all files except MyProject.dSYM and MyProject if unchecked in the Deployment manager. What am I missing Br Petter It turned out tha...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Delphi 2010 + TIBDatabase + connection error (how to catch error) [Edit]
Hi All Could someone help me in this case: {code} Try DataBase.Connect:=True; Except on >databaseconnectionerror< do ShowMessage('DataBase connection faild); end; {code} I do not know, how to catch (handling) IB errors in my Delphi application. Thank You very much in advance Best Regards Jacek Edited by: Jacek Fągowski on Aug 14, 2012 9:04 AM Jacek Fągowski wrote: > Hi All > > Could someone help me in this case: > {code} > Try > DataBase.Connect:=True; > Except > on >databaseconnectionerror< do > ShowMes...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Error reading from socket error
Hi there, We're using socket server 3-tier for many years. There are 4 application servers(win2000 server), for each up to 500 connections. While error reading from socket raised, we needed to restart socket server or even win2000 server. The socket server version is 5.1.0.0 with multi cpu bug fixed. Any ideas? Thank you ...

Delphi 2010 / IdHTTP problem: Socket Error # 0 [Edit]
I have code that uses IdHTTP to do a HTTP Post to an HTTPS URL. I set my IdHTTP1.IOHandler to the object returned from TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.Create(). After calling IdHTTP1.Post(posturl, slPostData), with slPostData being a TStringList.Create(); I get this exception: *Project OUTLOOK.EXE raised exception class EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 0'.* I know for sure that the problem is not in my code, because I exported an earlier version of my source code that I know works for sure, compiled it with Delphi 2010, and I got the same problem. The same code works if ...

Web resources about - Socket Error #10054 error in IW Demo Project [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

Wrike Rises Above Other Project Management Software After Testing
Over the last year I had occasion to look at and purchase Task and Project Management software. I had several folks on different teams sign up ...

Get trained for a career in project management for $39
... change can be daunting—and expensive, when you’re starting your training from scratch. So if you’ve been thinking about a new career in project ...

Future Islands side project The Snails release Christmas song, playing shows
Future Islands singer Samuel T. Herring and guitarist/bassist William Cashion have another band called The Snails (not to be confused with the ...

Actress Lake Bell, first female voice of the iPhone, is taking over Hollywood one project at a time
... the time to direct, but the problem that I have just personally is that there are only so many years in my life to dedicate to certain projects. ...

Apple & SunPower Collaborating On 170 MW Solar Power Project In Mongolia
Three solar power projects with a combined capacity of 170 MW are being constructed by Zhonghuan Energy in the northern Chinese territory of ...

Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project
Retired Prof Hates Israel So Much She Won’t Help 13 Year Old With School Project

Sander/Moses Inks Deal With NBCU Int’l TV, Sells Projects To Amazon & ABC
Producers Ian Sander and Moses ( Ghost Whisperer, Reckless, Profiler ) have signed a first-look deal with NBC Universal International TV Production. ...